Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
João Schmidt to Atalanta is done on a fee. Defensive midfielder, very elegant and great passer, but he's so immobile that he can't tackle a 10y old kid.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
- Henry Onyekuru seems to be on his way to West Ham

Supposedly his club is holding out because they want to sell to a more "prestigious" club :laugh:

I read it was because they want a higher sell-on fee. Wouldn't it be the opposite if that was the case? If a more "prestigious" (womp womp) club is offloading him it's more than likely because he flopped and the fee would be lower.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Supposedly his club is holding out because they want to sell to a more "prestigious" club :laugh:

I read it was because they want a higher sell-on fee. Wouldn't it be the opposite if that was the case? If a more "prestigious" (womp womp) club is offloading him it's more than likely because he flopped and the fee would be lower.

The more stories about his transfer, the more I can understand why Eberl wasn't ready to make Onyekuru the hill he died on. He & his agent seem like a handful to deal with.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Di Marzio has tweeted out saying Verratti wants to join Barcelona but that PSG will offer him a renewal.

Apperantly Romero a beat writer for Barca has said Juve are not interested in Verratti

Maybe PSG's contract offer will convince him to stay. I think he's only had a year on his current deal though.

Calciomercato says Inter are
meeting with PSG about Lucas Moura. Price tag is €40m.

Isn't that what PSG paid for Lucas when they bought him?

Count me among those still very skeptical of Milan. Fourth spot could be in reach for them I suppose. They're clearly a couple steps behind Roma and Napoli imo.

Agreed.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Is he going to play over Nacho? Is Pepe leaving?

Pepe's contract expires at the end of this month. He's gone. Nacho has had a great season and earned the CB3 spot. Vallejo returns after a couple of loan seasons and gets the CB4 spot. With Coentrao gone and Theo Hernandez in, the defense is set.

Carvajal - Varane - Ramos - Marcelo
Danilo - Vallejo - Nacho - Theo

Time to sell Morata and James.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Madrid is going to be even better on paper next year even if they sell James and Morata. Hopefully the other big spenders can make improvements as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Maybe PSG's contract offer will convince him to stay. I think he's only had a year on his current deal though.

Isn't that what PSG paid for Lucas when they bought him?

I think Verratti's locked up until 2021 so no.

About Lucas :
Pretty much. Makes up (a bit) for their mistake.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

About Lucas :
Pretty much. Makes up (a bit) for their mistake.

Yes, and what I was saying was that he's only played one year of that 2021 contract so far.

That's great though. At least for them they don't take a loss. In the end like a loan.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos

So would Verratti change his mind if he got assurances about getting 1 or 2 big names in and trying - even more - to win the CL?

I mean, tbh, PSG lost to Barca in a once in a hundred scenario, it's not like they're not a top side already.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So would Verratti change his mind if he got assurances about getting 1 or 2 big names in and trying - even more - to win the CL?

I mean, tbh, PSG lost to Barca in a once in a hundred scenario, it's not like they're not a top side already.
Could be.
Or he could be fed up with Emery and the difficulty of attracting top stars with no league title and a CL failure.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Bailly, Lindelöf and Rojo sounds like a good set of CDs. Of course Bailly and Lindelöf need to grow into the role, but could see that happening quite quickly in a Mourinho-organized defense.

To me Smalling doesn't look comfortable under Mourinho. Jones is just injured too often. Blind isn't really a CD for a PL team. Fair enough to keep one of them around as a 4th choice though.

Now I wonder what they will do with the left back.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Everton are in for Jordan Pickford and seemingly willing to pay the 30 (thirty) million quoted as an asking price.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Bailly, Lindelöf and Rojo sounds like a good set of CDs. Of course Bailly and Lindelöf need to grow into the role, but could see that happening quite quickly in a Mourinho-organized defense.

To me Smalling doesn't look comfortable under Mourinho. Jones is just injured too often. Blind isn't really a CD for a PL team. Fair enough to keep one of them around as a 4th choice though.

Now I wonder what they will do with the left back.

Hopefully they sell Smalling. I'm sure there's an EPL that would way overpay for him. English, plays for the national team, athletic - give us all the money.

Jones should be sold as well. Though I doubt there's major interest.

Blind is a good squad player. Can play several different positions. While he may not be physical enough for DM or CB long term, he's plenty smart to play short term spots in those positions.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea Blind is a great depth player. Can play LB CB or DM at around a mid table PL level.

I like bailly, Rojo, and lidelof as the main CB setup. Blind and youngsters like Tuanzebe filling in case of injury or NT duty for Bailly.

As for Everton and Pickford, I like him. I think he's got potential to be a 5-10 keeper in the world if he continues to develop.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

It's true. The club is owned by Qatar's Aspire Academy, and they want their prospects to go to big clubs. The top teams in Belgium all want Onyekuru as well but they don't stand a chance.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It's true. The club is owned by Qatar's Aspire Academy, and they want their prospects to go to big clubs. The top teams in Belgium all want Onyekuru as well but they don't stand a chance.

Doesn't sound like that's what the player wants though, if he opted for West Ham over Arsenal. Strange situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->