Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Andre Silva was chosen over Kalinić. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Evilo. I don't think this is a rubbish rumor. The journalist has broken news before on this player, and PSG's new Sporting Director has signed this player before. I think there might be other clubs trying to sign this player though, contract is up in half a season, so club might be looking to sell.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BMG's offer for Traore is being reported by Bild to be 15M; they don't have great sources at Gladbach, but that seems like a reasonable sum for Gladbach to ante up for a young attacker. With Onyekuru seeming to have opted for the bigger wages of the EPL, I'm getting excited. I know he's very inconsistent still, but learning from Rafael & Stindl should help; and with Hazard and I.Traore both being very streaky as well BMG should be able to rotate through them riding the hot hand.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Some transfer reports from Belgium;

- Henry Onyekuru seems to be on his way to West Ham

- Richairo Zivkovic is likely to sign at Oostende, used to be a really good prospect but seems to have stalled in his development

- Rijeka midfielder and Croatian international Franko AndrijaÅ¡ević will go to either Gent or Standard Liege

- Zulte-Waregem have signed Guingamp midfielder Nill De Pauw. He scored the GWG in Guingamp's win against PSG this season

- Anderlecht have sold Orel Mangala to Stuttgart, he spent the previous season on loan at Dortmund but they didn't want to buy him

A little disappointed, but better for the player's development that he spurned Arsenal. Although West Ham is a bad choice because now his career will be derailed by injuries.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
BMG's offer for Traore is being reported by Bild to be 15M; they don't have great sources at Gladbach, but that seems like a reasonable sum for Gladbach to ante up for a young attacker. With Onyekuru seeming to have opted for the bigger wages of the EPL, I'm getting excited. I know he's very inconsistent still, but learning from Rafael & Stindl should help; and with Hazard and I.Traore both being very streaky as well BMG should be able to rotate through them riding the hot hand.

Chelsea and Gladbach have had done plenty of business recently, so it wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully we insert some sort of a buy-back clause, but wouldn't be the end of the world if there wasn't. I think he'll be a good player, but at least it's not like the De Bruyne situation where you just know it will blow up in your face.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Chelsea and Gladbach have had done plenty of business recently, so it wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully we insert some sort of a buy-back clause, but wouldn't be the end of the world if there wasn't. I think he'll be a good player, but at least it's not like the De Bruyne situation where you just know it will blow up in your face.

As long as we don't sell them Christensen, I'm alright.

Jul 7, 2009
Di Marzio has tweeted out saying Verratti wants to join Barcelona but that PSG will offer him a renewal.

Apperantly Romero a beat writer for Barca has said Juve are not interested in Verratti

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Interesting to see what happens with Man Utd'd defense now that Victor Lindelof is set to join up. I would have to imagine that JM wants a E.Bailly-V.Lindelof partnership in the back considering he purchased both players. Chris Smalling and Phil Jones who are still very involved with the England set up (more Smalling lately) along with Marco Rojo and Daley Blind must be wondering which one(s) will be sold. Rojo & Blind can play wing back as well. Tony Valencia looks set to continue his RB first choice. Who knows what will happen with Luke Shaw, Darmian, the returning Varela and the younger kids like Borthwick-Jackson, Mensah (can play DM) and Axel Taunzabe...

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Interesting to see what happens with Man Utd'd defense now that Victor Lindelof is set to join up. I would have to imagine that JM wants a E.Bailly-V.Lindelof partnership in the back considering he purchased both players. Chris Smalling and Phil Jones who are still very involved with the England set up (more Smalling lately) along with Marco Rojo and Daley Blind must be wondering which one(s) will be sold. Rojo & Blind can play wing back as well. Tony Valencia looks set to continue his RB first choice. Who knows what will happen with Luke Shaw, Darmian, the returning Varela and the younger kids like Borthwick-Jackson, Mensah (can play DM) and Axel Taunzabe...

8-1-1 formation. Park the Bus specialty.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Milan is doing what Inter did last season, we'll see what happens.

I dunno...it feels like Milan is doing it better.

Silva is legit, and then adding Musacchio, Rodriguez and Kessié is also pretty big. They already had some pretty great young talent as well. Adding those, probably a few more, and no Europe this season I think they could make Serie A pretty interesting next season. They won't challenge for the title but a top 3 spot could be in sight.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Milan does have Europe. That's why they're adding these players. And to get CL there next season it's back to top four.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah that's my bad; qualification and surely they'll make it. Still, these are very good buys IMO.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
A little disappointed, but better for the player's development that he spurned Arsenal. Although West Ham is a bad choice because now his career will be derailed by injuries.

hey we just signed former England national team and Arsenal physio Gary Lewin so the whole squad just became permanently healthy obviously.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Calciomercato says Inter are meeting with PSG about Lucas Moura. Price tag is €40m.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I dunno...it feels like Milan is doing it better.

Silva is legit, and then adding Musacchio, Rodriguez and Kessié is also pretty big. They already had some pretty great young talent as well. Adding those, probably a few more, and no Europe this season I think they could make Serie A pretty interesting next season. They won't challenge for the title but a top 3 spot could be in sight.

I just don't see the attack quality to do so. The back line and midfield should be very nifty; but I need to see them make another move for an attacker before I start considering them for one of the CL spots; as Juve, Napoli, Rom should hold onto their spots; leaving the final place to be fought over by the Milan clubs, Fiorentina, Lazio, and the smaller clubs who could get hot and go on a run like Turin, Sampdoria, Atalanta, Sassuolo, etc.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
In the current market, I could see him being worth 20-25M. His speed alone produces 10+ goals a season and is an asset.
But the guy isn't even aware of his drawbacks. He threw tantrums when being subbed or not started.
He's full of himself.
I liked when Blanc tried to make him progress, saying he needed to be better in the last 20 meters, not afraid of benching him.
Instead, he was Emery's most used player. :facepalm:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Count me among those still very skeptical of Milan. Fourth spot could be in reach for them I suppose. They're clearly a couple steps behind Roma and Napoli imo.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
iinter
roma
lazio
atalanta
ac milan

are all going to fight hard for that 4th place.

I don't see Roma falling to contending for 4th. Losing Spaletti is not great, but there was a huge gap between 3rd and 4th this year.

Atalanta is likely to get raided and bought apart. That has already begun of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->