Transfer: 2017 Summer Transfer Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That being said, if they get Juventus Morata who scores 7 goals and don't sign at least two or three other goal scoring players, they won't challenge for anything. His other contributions won't look so good otherwise, with the exception of combination play with Mkhitaryan. Pogba isn't a lost cause, but people shouldn't be expecting another attacking level from him. He scored one league goal after December was over.

He had hit the post/crossbar 8 times by January, IIRC the Sky Sports story. Centimeters/millimeters weren't on his side.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well, considering the way Mourinho wants to play football, it probably isn't. With another manager it's a different story. Unless they signed Lukaku or Costa, or any other massively unrealistic signing of a player that isn't available, they would have some sort of problem. Mourinho wants a big, outdated central forward. I probably shouldn't call the position outdated, but his vision of the role certainly is. Forwards like Belotti who would score more goals probably weren't even under consideration.

Yeah, I'm sorry but you don't really know what kind of football he wants to play. He showed that United could play differently without Zlatan. Many agreed that United played much faster with Rashford up top because he makes runs that Zlatan no longer can't. With Zlatan, United's offense often stagnated in the final third because of Zlatan's lack of speed.

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Yeah, I'm sorry but you don't really know what kind of football he wants to play. He showed that United could play differently without Zlatan. Many agreed that United played much faster with Rashford up top because he makes runs that Zlatan no longer can't. With Zlatan, United's offense often stagnatedin the final third because of Zlatan's lack of speed.

Well Mbappe thinks Manchester United football sucks. :D

Mar 1, 2002
Spurs being linked to Porto's Ricardo Pereira. He's played right back at Porto primarily, but at Nice he was a midfielder/winger and earlier than that, he was a forward in the U-21's.

If Spurs keep playing a back 3 of Dier-Toby-Vertonghen, I could see him fitting in the Walker spot in front of them on the right, assuming he leaves.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
It's not. Bayern confirmed it. The way they funded his transfer to Bremen for a year of development and the chance to buy him dirt cheap a year later still feels wrong to me. Arsenal would have surely gotten more money if Bayern were asking directly. Just a roundabout way of buying and loaning out a player, only designed to pay as little money as possible.

Anyway, he's a very good player, but I don't know how he'll fit in with Bayern.

he won't.
He complained of playing time when at Arsenal, and moves to Bayern?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Eh L'équipe doesn't have aot of credibility when it comes to PSG, especially since Henrique's arrival

I'd say they do. Everything PSG always leaks. And that was already the case pre-QSI. Same for OM.
Besides, it was coming ever since Emery signed that contract. Verratti and Blanc had a strong relationship. Ancelotti as well. Emery? Not so much. He tried to turn him into a 10 earlier this year :facepalm:

Anyway, Nantes' president, Kita, said he received mutiple offers for Harit, going from 12 to 15M€.
He should sell for more than this.
PSG should be all over this. Lille, Lyon, Monaco, OM as well.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I'd say they do. Everything PSG always leaks. And that was already the case pre-QSI. Same for OM.
Besides, it was coming ever since Emery signed that contract. Verratti and Blanc had a strong relationship. Ancelotti as well. Emery? Not so much. He tried to turn him into a 10 earlier this year :facepalm:

Anyway, Nantes' president, Kita, said he received mutiple offers for Harit, going from 12 to 15M€.
Didn't Verratti sue them for lying and forced them to apologize?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't remember if it was L'Equipe but someone did say he was partying during a night (with Matuidi I think) before an important game or something, I don't remember the specifics. And he did sue them because he was sleeping at home :D

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah, I'm sorry but you don't really know what kind of football he wants to play. He showed that United could play differently without Zlatan. Many agreed that United played much faster with Rashford up top because he makes runs that Zlatan no longer can't. With Zlatan, United's offense often stagnated in the final third because of Zlatan's lack of speed.

Yeah, sure. Anyone knows what kind of football a team with Fellaini and Zlatan wants to play, it doesn't take a genius. Mourinho's only been doing this for 15 years after all.

If they're signing Morata, they will continue to play that kind of football.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Sampdoria are close to a deal with 20 year old Polish striker Dawid Kownacki.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Schalke's bid is being reported in that range in the German press

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Gnabry is a good signing. He'll be needed in the league to feast on the small teams and rest Robbery for the big matches.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Some transfer reports from Belgium;

- Henry Onyekuru seems to be on his way to West Ham

- Richairo Zivkovic is likely to sign at Oostende, used to be a really good prospect but seems to have stalled in his development

- Rijeka midfielder and Croatian international Franko AndrijaÅ¡ević will go to either Gent or Standard Liege

- Zulte-Waregem have signed Guingamp midfielder Nill De Pauw. He scored the GWG in Guingamp's win against PSG this season

- Anderlecht have sold Orel Mangala to Stuttgart, he spent the previous season on loan at Dortmund but they didn't want to buy him

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Andre Silva to AC Milan for 40 millions is slightly ridiculous.

Really good poacher in the making in terms of link up play/movement/positioning/ strong as an ox/ decent finishing.

But he doesnt possess the ability to beat players 1 v 1 often and needs to work on long range shooting.

He needs to grow alot...worried he might be a bit overwhelmed unless they tutor him properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->