2017 Summer Friendlies

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
About that time again. Please post links or whatever else regarding summer friendlies. In particular, if anyone knows the Atletico Madrid/Real Madrid/Hamburger SV schedules, I'd appreciate it cause I'll be in those cities.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Atletico are going to Munich to play two of Bayern, Liverpool, or Milan. That is at the very beginning of August. There was also talk that they'd tour Mexico. I would very strongly expect them to open their new stadium in early August too.

RM are touring North America. The Supercopa is August 17 if you'll be there then.

Couldn't find anything for Hamburg. Probably worth checking for St. Pauli too.

For the teams that usually play an early August friendly at home, they usually announce it at some point in the next week or two.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Any games being held in Canada?

Doesn't appear like it, ICC is only in the US and China

About that time again. Please post links or whatever else regarding summer friendlies. In particular, if anyone knows the Atletico Madrid/Real Madrid/Hamburger SV schedules, I'd appreciate it cause I'll be in those cities.

Most of the German teams stay in Europe during pre-season, in fact its only just recently that some sides are going to US/Asia (even Frankfurt played a friendly in Seattle few days ago)

Anyway according to their website, HSV are currently in a training camp at Rotenberg, Germany until tomorrow before a longer camp in Austria. Only friendly I see scheduled is against Espanyol in August, surely they will play other teams

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Doesn't appear like it, ICC is only in the US and China

Most of the German teams stay in Europe during pre-season, in fact its only just recently that some sides are going to US/Asia (even Frankfurt played a friendly in Seattle few days ago)

Anyway according to their website, HSV are currently in a training camp at Rotenberg, Germany until tomorrow before a longer camp in Austria. Only friendly I see scheduled is against Espanyol in August, surely they will play other teams

I know, I was counting on that. Yeah, it looks like I won't be able to get to a Hamburger game, but luckily I'll still be able to see St. Pauli and Werder Bremen.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So Kent impressed me more than Ojo.

I don't know...he might be worth keeping around this season. He's made big strides and I really like him as a player.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So Kent impressed me more than Ojo.

I don't know...he might be worth keeping around this season. He's made big strides and I really like him as a player.

He's talented, even though he played a ton last season and didn't score much. But I think Coutinho will double up this season as the backup left side player. I would also like him to stay.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Anyone going to be heading to any of the Friendly's this summer? Foxboro is only about 20 minutes from me so I'll be seeing Juventus vs Roma. It's always great when European teams make a stop so close. Back in 2009 I saw AC Milan vs Inter, I wasn't a fan of either but it was exciting and Inter went on to win Serie A and the Champions League during their 2009-2010 campaign. I'm looking forward more to this one because I am a Juventus fan.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Anyone going to be heading to any of the Friendly's this summer? Foxboro is only about 20 minutes from me so I'll be seeing Juventus vs Roma. It's always great when European teams make a stop so close. Back in 2009 I saw AC Milan vs Inter, I wasn't a fan of either but it was exciting and Inter went on to win Serie A and the Champions League during their 2009-2010 campaign. I'm looking forward more to this one because I am a Juventus fan.

I'm going to the LA Galaxy vs Manchester United game this weekend at the Stub Hub Center. I saw PSG and Leicester last year and I loved it. Now I get to see my 2 favorite teams playing each other in my home team's stadium :)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Liverpool v Wigan

First-half team: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Klavan, Flanagan, Henderson, Lallana, Woodburn, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino.

Second-half team: Karius, Gomez, Stewart, Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Chirivella, Solanke, Sturridge, Origi.

Good lord that is an offensive midfield/attacking set up for the first half. Woodburn starting with the big boys is massive...huge talent, best prospect to come out of the academy in a very long time. Has all the tools to become world class. Hope it works out for him.

EDIT:

James Pearce @JamesPearceEcho

Seems to be a change to the 1st half team with Wijnaldum playing instead of Henderson

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah scores on his (friendly) debut!

Though to be fair that was laid on a plate by Firmino. Mane and Salah are going to have a field day scoring with the creativity Coutinho and Firmino will bring to the final third.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Celtic playing Lyon a day after Celtic had a CL qualifier.

cdfd2ea2f659270499c34d7b398ea792.jpg

no idea what kind of team that is from lyon. celtics is mostly second string players but dembele is playing even though he got 25 minutes yesterday. ntcham makes his celtic debut.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Starters : Lopes, Memphis
Starters/bench players : Jallet, Nkoulou, Morel
Mostly bench players : Ferri, Grenier
Youngsters : Aouar, Maolida, Mendy, Del Castillo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->