WJC: 2017 Russia Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
2018 roster: could it be something like this? Rubtsov better learn how to win draws.

Mikhail Maltsev - German Rubtsov - Vitaly Abramov
Klim Kostin - Igor Shvyrev - Andrei Svechnikov
Nikita Popugaev - Maxim Mizyurin - Ivan Kosorenkov
Alexei Lipanov - Maxim Rasseikin - Marsel Sholokhov
Vitali Kravtsov

Artem Minulin - Misha Sergachev
Egor Zaitsev - Dmitri Samorukov
Ilya Karpukhin - Grigori Dronov
Danil Kurashov

Vladislav Sukhachev - Mikhail Berdin

Not a fan of Sokolov?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I thought Bragin did a great job this year, and I hope he comes back. But it is fair to criticize his player selection, because I believe Russia can do better than this.

This 100%.

I understand where Bragin is coming from, but I wasn't impressed with this year's player selection. Saying that, he always gets the best out of his players.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didn't hear "Canada" cheering for Russia tonight, but I did here a few spectators seeming to cheer for Russia when an American player (Greenway, I believe) took an obvious dive, and got a call for it. I took it to mean that the Canadians would rather face Russia than the US, since Canadian fans are strongly anti-Russian in every other context. In 2006, the Canadians cheered more directly for Russia because they had a grudge against Jack Johnson, who had mauled a Canadian player in an earlier game. I don't know about other Russian fans, but I hate to confess that the USA will have all my support tomorrow night.

So if Canada cheers against Russia it's because they hate Russia.

But if they cheer for Russia it's because they hate Russia.

Good to know.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
So if Canada cheers against Russia it's because they hate Russia.

But if they cheer for Russia it's because they hate Russia.

Good to know.

You really need to let this go. Go enjoy your Labatt Blue or somethin'.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not a fan of Sokolov?

Not at all.

I think two changes I would maybe make is I would shift Popugaev to right thing, add Koltygin in place of Korosenkov and include Ivanov on the fourth line.

But who knows.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
From what I heard from people who attended.

Yes, Canadians were supporting Russians during the semi final game.

Russian crowd was amazing.

From being in Hockey crowds in both countries, it seems Canada or Russia support each other against the Americans.

Or let me rephrase that, it's our common bond of not ever wanting them to win that strikes a cord between fans.

I for one would rather Russia win any event over the Americans.

I mean, who doesn't want to hear that anthem, gives chills each time lol.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Russia and Canada should team up against Americans. We buy your maple syrup. You buy our nesting dolls. Yankees get nothing.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I'm still emotionless after that game, really don't know how guys will find any emotions for today's game, but I really hope they do, because this team deserves a medal.

Werenski

Dec 24, 2016
I didn't hear "Canada" cheering for Russia tonight, but I did here a few spectators seeming to cheer for Russia when an American player (Greenway, I believe) took an obvious dive, and got a call for it. I took it to mean that the Canadians would rather face Russia than the US, since Canadian fans are strongly anti-Russian in every other context. In 2006, the Canadians cheered more directly for Russia because they had a grudge against Jack Johnson, who had mauled a Canadian player in an earlier game. I don't know about other Russian fans, but I hate to confess that the USA will have all my support tomorrow night.

Not sure what you heard, but the crowd was clearly cheering against the U.S

I think there's a mutual, begrudging respect between Canadian/Russian fans. We love to hate each other, but we also respect what the other has brought to the game over the many decades.

Besides, there will always be something classic about a Russia-Canada Gold medal game. Russia vs U.S or Canada vs U.S just isn't the same.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Still think Abramov would have key for the Russians PP to win a tight game like the one last night.

Such a great game to watch it felt like a gold medal game, wished OT was longer but none the less both teams represented their countries well.

The amount of hacking, hits, and such Kaprizol took was amazing and he would just bounce back up. Was really hoping he would have scored to seal it there in the SO but can win em all.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Not sure what you heard, but the crowd was clearly cheering against the U.S

I think there's a mutual, begrudging respect between Canadian/Russian fans. We love to hate each other, but we also respect what the other has brought to the game over the many decades.

Besides, there will always be something classic about a Russia-Canada Gold medal game. Russia vs U.S or Canada vs U.S just isn't the same.

I agree with everything you say. I don't think its about hate, just rivalry.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I'm still emotionless after that game, really don't know how guys will find any emotions for today's game, but I really hope they do, because this team deserves a medal.

It was an unbelievably enormous, almost epic effort by both teams. I was really proud of how hard the Russian kids fought, never quitting, turning up the juice every time the flow started going against them. Probably Bragin deserves a lot of credit for that. And you're right, I don't see how they will have anything left for today!

What struck me was the deja vu from the Russia-USA game in Sochi in 2014. After a long battle, it came down to a shootout. Just like Bobrovsky in Sochi, Samsonov stopped every shot to his blocker side, but let everything in between the 5-hole. You could see that the Americans had caught on, and started attacking straight at the 5-hole. I think Tretiak needs to start a project to teach young goaltenders how to close up their legs.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It was an unbelievably enormous, almost epic effort by both teams. I was really proud of how hard the Russian kids fought, never quitting, turning up the juice every time the flow started going against them. Probably Bragin deserves a lot of credit for that. And you're right, I don't see how they will have anything left for today!

What struck me was the deja vu from the Russia-USA game in Sochi in 2014. After a long battle, it came down to a shootout. Just like Bobrovsky in Sochi, Samsonov stopped every shot to his blocker side, but let everything in between the 5-hole. You could see that the Americans had caught on, and started attacking straight at the 5-hole. I think Tretiak needs to start a project to teach young goaltenders how to close up their legs.

I'm feeling that Samsonov just lost his concentration because of all the confusion that was there after the 3-rd shootout round, it's kind of a fragile thing for goalies, especially for young ones.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

I want to give Bragin credit, but I also cannot overlook the fact that his team went 0-3 against US and Canada. Facts = facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad