WJC: 2017 Russia Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Why is that?

I guess you weren't actually watching the games with the volume on to hear the crowd when each team scored.

Canada was firmly in Russia's corner.

We just don't like excuses.

I suspect you would be cheering hard against Canada regardless of how glowing they were regarding your team.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I guess you weren't actually watching the games with the volume on to hear the crowd when each team scored.

I don't remember many excuses. In fact, most posters inquiring about IIHF rules were not even Russian.

Besides I wasn't referring to Canadian fans in the stadium. Only the ones acting out at fans whose team just lost a heartbreaking match.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't remember many excuses. In fact, most posters inquiring about IIHF rules were not even Russian.

Besides I wasn't referring to Canadian fans in the stadium. Only the ones acting out at fans whose team just lost a heartbreaking match.

Canadians hate the shootout.

It's a terrible way to end a game.

Coin flip.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The problem with a long overtime, as has been mentioned before, is that it can severely fatigue both teams. And then you have to play a medal round match the next day.

Shootouts are a necessary evil. I accept them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The problem with a long overtime, as has been mentioned before, is that it can severely fatigue both teams. And then you have to play a medal round match the next day.

Shootouts are a necessary evil. I accept them.

I get it, but at the same time, it's a reward for winning in regulation.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
2018 roster: could it be something like this? Rubtsov better learn how to win draws.

Mikhail Maltsev - German Rubtsov - Vitaly Abramov
Klim Kostin - Igor Shvyrev - Andrei Svechnikov
Nikita Popugaev - Maxim Mizyurin - Ivan Kosorenkov
Alexei Lipanov - Maxim Rasseikin - Marsel Sholokhov
Vitali Kravtsov

Artem Minulin - Misha Sergachev
Egor Zaitsev - Dmitri Samorukov
Ilya Karpukhin - Grigori Dronov
Danil Kurashov

Vladislav Sukhachev - Mikhail Berdin

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia

I suspect you would be cheering hard against Canada regardless of how glowing they were regarding your team.

Many Russian peoples cheering for Canada

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
2018 roster: could it be something like this? Rubtsov better learn how to win draws.

Vitali Kravtsov

Danil Kurashov

No chance of Andrei Svechnikov? I know that we don't usually take younger players so that works against him but on skill alone he could be worthy

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY

Vitali Kravtsov

Danil Kurashov

Looks about what I'm thinking also. But Bragin likes his gritty plugers, so expect some of those.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.

Still would want Canada to win, it is my favourite country to visit and where I want to live. The only time I don't want Canada to win is if it's Russia vs Canada or Germany vs Canada (in which case I don't care who wins, love both countries, go to Germany every two months.)

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
Russian players have told media that they were informed about the 5 penalty shots by the refs before the game, some players didn´t know though.
But what I find interesting is why the referees felt the urge to take a meeting in the middle of the 5th round (after USA had shot its 5th and before Russia was going to shoot its 5th)? If they had informed the teams, why would they need to take a meeting, nevertheless in the middle of a round and not after the 5th round was complete? It just felt as if Kaprizov lost some momentum due to that.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Russian players have told media that they were informed about the 5 penalty shots by the refs before the game, some players didn´t know though.
But what I find interesting is why the referees felt the urge to take a meeting in the middle of the 5th round (after USA had shot its 5th and before Russia was going to shoot its 5th)? If they had informed the teams, why would they need to take a meeting, nevertheless in the middle of a round and not after the 5th round was complete? It just felt as if Kaprizov lost some momentum due to that.

The refs seemed confused about the change of order. They forgot that Russia was shooting second.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Looks about what I'm thinking also. But Bragin likes his gritty plugers, so expect some of those.

Don't know yet who the grinders would be. This year Urakov emerged as a really good energy guy. I knew nothing about him last year.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
I don't know if Bragin is coming back or not, but I think he will like Svechnikov. Provorov made his roster at 17, if I recall correctly.

I hope he is back. Bragin seems to get something out of these teams that they shouldn't have. Fantastic coach (except for when he needs to pull the goalie)

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

I didn't hear "Canada" cheering for Russia tonight, but I did here a few spectators seeming to cheer for Russia when an American player (Greenway, I believe) took an obvious dive, and got a call for it. I took it to mean that the Canadians would rather face Russia than the US, since Canadian fans are strongly anti-Russian in every other context. In 2006, the Canadians cheered more directly for Russia because they had a grudge against Jack Johnson, who had mauled a Canadian player in an earlier game. I don't know about other Russian fans, but I hate to confess that the USA will have all my support tomorrow night.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
The heavy workload could explain Samsonov's fails at the end....somewhat

It came down to goaltenders in the end, and the American clearly outplayed Samsonov, who couldn't stop a basketball in the last several rounds of the shootout.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I hope he is back. Bragin seems to get something out of these teams that they shouldn't have. Fantastic coach (except for when he needs to pull the goalie)

I thought Bragin did a great job this year, and I hope he comes back. But it is fair to criticize his player selection, because I believe Russia can do better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad