Prospect Info: 2017 Rookie Tournament | Update: Playing 3 games vs Preds @ Nashville

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

The Tampa Bay Lightning today announced the 24-man roster that will represent the team at the 2017 Prospect Tournament, which will be held at Germain Arena in Estero, Florida from September 9-12. The Lightning squad is also scheduled to practice at the Ice Sports Forum on September 7 and 8 before heading to Estero.

Saturday, September 9 - Lightning vs. Nashville Predators 4 p.m.

Sunday, September 10 - Lightning vs. Washington Capitals 1 p.m.

Tuesday, September 12 - Lightning vs. Florida Panthers 2 p.m.

Roster:

ANTHONY CIRELLI
SHANE CONACHER* invite
KEVIN HANCOCK* invite
BRETT HOWDEN
MATHIEU JOSEPH
BORIS KATCHOUK
ALEXEY LIPANOV
CHRISTOPHER PAQUETTE
TAYLOR RADDYSH
OTTO SOMPPI
MITCHELL STEPHENS
JONNE TAMMELA
ALEX VOLKOV
DENNIS YAN

ERIK CERNAK
CAL FOOTE
LIBOR HAJEK
DOMINIK MASIN
MIKHAIL SERGACHEV
OLEG SOSUNOV
MATT SPENCER
BEN THOMAS

CONNOR INGRAM
JOSEPH RAAYMAKERS* invite

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That d-core is beautiful. Will the games be live streamed on Youtube like last year, does anyone know?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
How does it work for USHL kids? I know the NCAA guys, Colton, Lohin, Zuhlsdorf and Oldham will be back in school so they can't go. But the USHL crop of Guttman, Walker and Perbix are done with high school so should be able to play like CHL kids.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
my boy somppi is playing, we'll see right?

not joking i had him as a 3rd rounder coming into the draft

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Aw, crap! I won't be able to make it down there for any of it. :(

I hope they live stream it on YouTube!

If anyone makes it down there, please give us a report! :D

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I'm so disappointed that I will not be able to attend for the first time in years. Agreed that D-Core is so beautiful.

Sergachev - Foote
Masin - Thomas
Hajek - Cernak
Sosunov - Spencer

That is an amazing and well balanced defensive corps unit. We should be able to slice through the Caps, Panthers, and Nashville camps. Last year we only lost to the Panthers and that was a tight /even game. This year they should be no match for us in this tourney.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So this thing still a go? The first few days of practice won't be a issue but not sure Nashville and Washington will want to send their kids down if this thing turns and hits us.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I don't think rescheduling is a very likely option. Maybe they could move it to another rink out of the area? It doesn't even necessarily need to be around one of the NHL markets. Atlanta for instance. They had the Thrashers practicing somewhere.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would say Nashville, if the storm takes the latest path cause after it goes through Florida it'll head up the cost so DC might get hit.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I would say Nashville, if the storm takes the latest path cause after it goes through Florida it'll head up the cost so DC might get hit.

Nashville would be the furthest inland location. DC probably wouldn't be dealing with a hurricane at this point, more like a tropical depression. Hurricanes lose significant power once they're on land. Maybe it still heads north, but that's not the projection from NOAA.

I kind of like the idea of finding a failing rink in like AL or MS and just dropping a rookie tournament on them.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Nashville would be the furthest inland location. DC probably wouldn't be dealing with a hurricane at this point, more like a tropical depression. Hurricanes lose significant power once they're on land. Maybe it still heads north, but that's not the projection from NOAA.

I kind of like the idea of finding a failing rink in like AL or MS and just dropping a rookie tournament on them.

Cantore this morning had it hitting the keys then turning north through the state. I don't remember the rest but seemed like it could head up the east coast and hit DC. It will be a tropical depression so nothing special but more than what Nashville would get. As an 18-21 year old kid like these prospects I'd prefer Nashville to DC.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
They are reporting our rookies headed to Nashville for 3 games on the Boltprospects tweeter feed. I think Nashville streams ... at least they did last time if I'm not mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->