OT: 2017 Red Sox/MLB V - Sox win AL East - play Astros in ALDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brock Holt batting leadoff is the kind of thing you should fire a manger dor during the game,

Yah it was so absurd it's like he did the lineup and looked and saw leadoff spot was open and Holt left

It worked amazingly

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
2B-Pedroia/Nunez
RF-Betts
LF-Benintendi
DH-Ramirez
3B-Devers
SS-Bogaerts
1B-Moreland
CH-Vazquez
CF-Bradley Jr

That's how I'd line them up. I'd consider switching Hanley and Nunez at DH if Hanley doesn't heat up soon.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'll say this. When this team takes a kick in the nuts loss, they usually respond.

As for the yankees, i said it at the time. I know they didn't give up their top top prospects but i never understood why cashman was so aggressive at the deadline. They have a solid team i just figured they'd ride it out this year with an eye on next year.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
2B-Pedroia/Nunez
RF-Betts
LFBenintendi
DH-Ramirez
3B-Devers
SS-Bogaerts
1B-Moreland
CH-Vazquez
CF-Bradley Jr

That's how I'd line them up. I'd consider switching Hanley and Nunez at DH if Hanley doesn't heat up soon.

I'd have Pedroia on the bench to start the playoffs, if he's even healthy.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I'd have Pedroia on the bench to start the playoffs, if he's even healthy.

If he's healthy by then I'd start him for sure, but yeah if not I'd have Nunez over even a 75% Pedroia.

Tough to say though, he really doesn't seem to have made much progress at all even with all this time off.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I'm having this very argument on another board I post on. IMO you have to be very careful about passing judgement on historical figures and events because with very very few exceptions it isn't cut and dried. As the saying goes "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"- many good people have ended up doing bad things in the name of a good cause or what they thought was a good cause. And bad people have inadvertently ended up doing good things that aren't recognized as good at the time. Nobody or no ideal is perfectly pure.

A lot of people talk a great game about being open minded but they don't walk the walk these days. :(

All good points. Instead of eradicating something dark or unpleasant from the past, isnt it better to learn from it? A force of dark now being used as a force for good?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
20953301_10212942080479462_2119051810669884252_n.jpg

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Tough 4 game set at cleveland. Get out with a split and i'll be happy. The yankees are at Detroit and avoid verlander so if you lose 3 of 4 to cleveland things could tighten up again.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Tough 4 game set at cleveland. Get out with a split and i'll be happy. The yankees are at Detroit and avoid verlander so if you lose 3 of 4 to cleveland things could tighten up again.

Even so, that would only get the Yankees to 3 games out, maybe 2.5 if they sweep the next 4

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Unpopular opinion time:

Obviously I hope Remy beats cancer yet again, but I hope he isn't back in the booth if healthy to do so. Time to move on.

Fenway, any thoughts on how this shakes out?

I have a couple.

1. You make Eckersley the color guy at home for all the games and hire someone for the road. If Eckersley wants to do a lighter load, maybe have him to 65 games and pencil in Remy for the others.

2. You hire a full time analyst to do color on all 150+ telecasts. If he's healthy, bring Remy on as a 3rd man for a handful of games. Would Merloni make sense for this role?

I can't imagine O'Brien much enjoys the rotating cast. How do you develop a working relationship if it's a revolving door? However, it feels like they're in a tough position. If Remy can go and they still move on from him, they'll get crucified. It'll be the Orsillo situation times ten.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Question, since Bryce Brentz isn't on the 40 man roster, does that mean he won't come up in Sept?

He's got 28 home runs now. I'd love to see him get in a few games.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fenway, any thoughts on how this shakes out?

I have a couple.

1. You make Eckersley the color guy at home for all the games and hire someone for the road. If Eckersley wants to do a lighter load, maybe have him to 65 games and pencil in Remy for the others.

2. You hire a full time analyst to do color on all 150+ telecasts. If he's healthy, bring Remy on as a 3rd man for a handful of games. Would Merloni make sense for this role?

I can't imagine O'Brien much enjoys the rotating cast. How do you develop a working relationship if it's a revolving door? However, it feels like they're in a tough position. If Remy can go and they still move on from him, they'll get crucified. It'll be the Orsillo situation times ten.

Steve Lyons was cleared of the domestic abuse charges against him so he might be back. If the job opened full time then Merloni might be interested. Talk radio has no job security and SOX TV could become a 30 year gig.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Question, since Bryce Brentz isn't on the 40 man roster, does that mean he won't come up in Sept?

He's got 28 home runs now. I'd love to see him get in a few games.

No they could just DFA Selsky and give him that spot, I think he will be up

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Steve Lyons was cleared of the domestic abuse charges against him so he might be back. If the job opened full time then Merloni might be interested. Talk radio has no job security and SOX TV could become a 30 year gig.

I think Metloni would be awesome he's got an edge and he knows his ****

No brainer to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad