2017 Re-Draft #8 Overall

Who do you take at 8th overall in the 2017 Re-Draft?

• Total voters

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Martin Necas takes the 7th spot in the 2017 Re-Draft.

Re-Draft Voting:

1. Elias Petterson 62%
2. Miro Heiskanen 63 %
3. Cale Makar 95%
4. Nico Hischier 75%
5. Nick Suzuki 50%
6. Robert Thomas 33%
7. Martin Necas 42%

Who do you take at 8th overall?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Still believe Glass has first line center potential. His first year was more or less a disaster in deployment decision making by Gallant and unfortunate injuries. Unless he shows me that he just doesn't have it this coming season I still think he's got the best potential of who's left.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
There is no reasonable argument to take Glass over Yamamoto

Absolutley zero argument for Glass over Yamamoto at this point besides original draft position.

I do like Glass and watching him in the WHL I thought he’d be a full time NHLer by now.

Yamo the Honey Badger should win this one by a decent margin. The little gaffer is the smallest guy in the show and one of the best forecheckers, the game against the Bruins where he won every puck battle in the corner against Chara sealed his honey badger status. Shows that forechecking is all about effort, desire, and competitive drive which Yamo has in spades.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m a big believer in Valimaki, though I understand the Yamamoto pick. He’s certainly proven more at the pro level.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Absolutley zero argument for Glass over Yamamoto at this point besides original draft position.

I do like Glass and watching him in the WHL I thought he’d be a full time NHLer by now.

Yamo the Honey Badger should win this one by a decent margin. The little gaffer is the smallest guy in the show and one of the best forecheckers, the game against the Bruins where he won every puck battle in the corner against Chara sealed his honey badger status. Shows that forechecking is all about effort, desire, and competitive drive which Yamo has in spades.

Yamamotos motor and intensity is insane, I love to see him win all those battles. To be honest I think him being pretty lean and lightweight helps him in a way, if he added a bunch of weight it could just make him more sluggish, many players in todays NHL would probably be more effective if they got a bit leaner since it can help you be shifty, agile, fast and explosive like Yamamoto. He is also gotten quite strong though, many people wrongly mistake height for strength when a shorter more muscular player with a lower center of gravitity will be stronger along the boards than a tall, lanky player.

Reactions: snipes

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I went off the board and took Foote. I think he will be a stud in TB. Yamamoto is the safest pick here though. I agree, I expected more out of Glass at this stage.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Add Filip Chytil. I think he's a much better option then most of this list.

He is 7th amongst total points in this draft and 3rd in goals.

He's also played the 4th most games out of the draft. He should be an nhler for a long time.

Voted Yamamoto here.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
This is where it gets interesting. The top 7 are pretty much a lock, these next 8-10 are pretty interchangeable and can be argued either way based on potential/results so far.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Went with Vilardi. While he likely carries the most uncertainty, I think he has the highest potential of the remaining choices.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Suzuki over Thomas? Please tell me that was at least close...
Well you see, this is a place called HF boards where the real world doesn't exist. Even if Thomas has far superior advanced stats, has an advantage in points per game, and looks better with the eye test, it still isn't enough. Majority of voting on these polls is based on what team the player plays for. Since Thomas belongs to the smaller market team, he is actually way below Suzuki in hf board skill. You'll also see liljegren go over both Norris and Tippett. That's just how hf ranking is.

Just remember to look at what team they play for next time before you vote, or you'll be against the majority

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Well you see, this is a place called HF boards where the real world doesn't exist. Even if Thomas has far superior advanced stats, has an advantage in points per game, and looks better with the eye test, it still isn't enough. Majority of voting on these polls is based on what team the player plays for. Since Thomas belongs to the smaller market team, he is actually way below Suzuki in hf board skill. You'll also see liljegren go over both Norris and Tippett. That's just how hf ranking is.

Just remember to look at what team they play for next time before you vote, or you'll be against the majority
I mean I'm not the biggest Liljegren fan but taking him over Norris and Tippett isn't really that big of a stretch IMO considering how each of them have played at the AHL level and how non of them have yet to establish themselves as NHL players yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->