2017 Re-Draft #4 Overall

Who do you take #4 overall in the 2017 Re-Draft?

• Nolan Patrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen Tippett

• Martin Necas

• Jesper Boqvist

• Juuso Valimaki

• Morgan Frost

• Michael Rasmussen

• Cal Foote

• Total voters

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Situation is not nearly as important as you think it is.
Bad teams generally mean more minutes and opportunities. See Seguin/Hall in year one. Which is the best disparity we have seen in recent years of two similar level prospects going to complete opposite situations (and the last time a contender had a top 2 pick),

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
whys that?

Man oh man is Hischier disrespected around here! Suzuki hasnt produced better than Nico’s worst season, let alone Necas Thomas or Yamamoto.. and hes better than all four defensively

It's all about upside, not who is better when they are 21, and you can't fault anyone for thinking Suzuki has as much or more upside than Hischier.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It's all about upside, not who is better when they are 21, and you can't fault anyone for thinking Suzuki has as much or more upside than Hischier.

I'm a Habs fan and think Suzuki looked great this year - but since this is a "redraft" thread - there's no way he gets picked beyond Nico just yet imo. I think it's possible he ends up the better player (possible - but nowhere near certain) - but I think we need to see more of him before picking him before Nico. If this was a true redraft - i'd bet ~80% of teams still pick Nico ahead of Suzuki.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I'm a Habs fan and think Suzuki looked great this year - but since this is a "redraft" thread - there's no way he gets picked beyond Nico just yet imo. I think it's possible he ends up the better player (possible - but nowhere near certain) - but I think we need to see more of him before picking him before Nico. If this was a true redraft - i'd bet ~80% of teams still pick Nico ahead of Suzuki.

I guess for the purposes of this exercise you are right but thats why I dont know what they are doing a redraft 3 years out lol, too early

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I guess for the purposes of this exercise you are right but thats why I dont know what they are doing a redraft 3 years out lol, too early
This is a volunteer based thread. You are free to exit if you are so confused and upset

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
How so? MacKinnon didnt stand out until he was older, and his situation played a huge role

No, it didn’t.

MacKinnon became great when the Avs still had a bad roster. He calmed his game down and developed into a better player. The Avs were an incredibly flawed team when MacKinnon had his first big season.

I also think it’s pretty unusual for any player to follow the MacKinnon development path.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think he’s a good player, who has a chance to become excellent. Not really disagreeing with you, but elite players don’t need a supporting cast to raise them up.

Players like Karlsson, McDavid, Eichel, enjoyed early career success on bad teams. Even lesser talents like Debrincat, and Larkin did too.

Not analyzing everything here but regarding Karlsson, he didn't really play on "bad teams" before 2017-18. They were not always "great" but Sens made the playoffs 5/8 times and the 3 worst seasons were 88, 85 (missing the p/o by a few pts) and 74 pts. And during that worst season (74 pts), he "only" had 45 pts in 75 games. He truly breakout the year after in his 21 y/o season.

But agreed on the subject, there's always going to be a top-3 tier in 2017 re-drafts (unless injuries of course)

Hischier should cement himself as the #4 going forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad