2017 Re-Draft #4 Overall

Who do you take #4 overall in the 2017 Re-Draft?

• Nolan Patrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen Tippett

• Martin Necas

• Jesper Boqvist

• Juuso Valimaki

• Morgan Frost

• Michael Rasmussen

• Cal Foote

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
anyone of Hischier, Suzuki, Yamamoto, Necas, and Thomas would be fine here.
Went with Suzuki as I believe he has the highest upside of the bunch of them.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Right now, Hishier, but I would think that Suzuki will eventually pass him.
anyone of Hischier, Suzuki, Yamamoto, Necas, and Thomas would be fine here.
Went with Suzuki as I believe he has the highest upside of the bunch of them.
whys that?

Man oh man is Hischier disrespected around here! Suzuki hasnt produced better than Nico’s worst season, let alone Necas Thomas or Yamamoto.. and hes better than all four defensively

Reactions: LePaxton

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
whys that?

Man oh man is Hischier disrespected around here! Suzuki hasnt produced better than Nico’s worst season, let alone Necas Thomas or Yamamoto.. and hes better than all four defensively
Well he is winnig with 82% right now, so not sure hes really being disrespected around here

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Well he is winnig with 82% right now, so not sure hes really being disrespected around here
I meant the comments, but you are right lol

Plus since Ive joined the forum people have sounded pretty damn sure Hischier can never enter the top-3 again of his draft - I think once NJ gets some firing power people will realize why he was taken 1st overall, especially 5v5

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Plus since Ive joined the forum people have sounded pretty damn sure Hischier can never enter the top-3 again of his draft - I think once NJ gets some firing power people will realize why he was taken 1st overall, especially 5v5

Rightfully so. He's just not nearly as skilled as EP, Makar or Heiskanen, so if he enters the top 3 again, it will be because one of them has fallen off track, not because Hischier rose to their level. If he deserved to be there, he wouldn't need NJ to get better first.

Reactions: Kelly

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Not sure I’ve seen anything from him that would lead me to take him over the three ahead of him at this point.

His 4th season in the league could be a big one for his development though, so we’ll probably get a better idea of what kind of player Hischier will be moving forward after the coming season.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Rightfully so. He's just not nearly as skilled as EP, Makar or Heiskanen, so if he enters the top 3 again, it will be because one of them has fallen off track, not because Hischier rose to their level. If he deserved to be there, he wouldn't need NJ to get better first.
These guys arent even 22 yet, how do you know what they will be five years from now in their primes?

‘Not nearly as skilled’, my ass! He had a 20 goal, 50 point 18 year old season and his team got worse since - he will bounce back and prove people like you wrong

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Not sure I’ve seen anything from him that would lead me to take him over the three ahead of him at this point.

His 4th season in the league could be a big one for his development though, so we’ll probably get a better idea of what kind of player Hischier will be moving forward after the coming season.
It sure will be - plus as the team moves forward into being competitive, by virtue of having better coaching, teammates, and stability he will shine through again like he did at 18 when he gave Hall his best linemate to date (in terms of chemistry)

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
These guys arent even 22 yet, how do you know what they will be five years from now in their primes?

Not nearly as skilled’, my ass! He had a 20 goal, 50 point 18 year old season and his team got worse since - he will bounce back and prove people like you wrong

He was 19 for half the season and that's pretty mediocre for a 1st overall playing next to the Hart winner. The top 3 have all done extremely impressive things by comparison. He's a good player but will never be a superstar like the others. It really isn't close.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hischier AINEC, then it gets interesting.

Probably some mix of Suzuki, Glass, Thomas, and Yamamoto.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Which is pretty mediocre for a 1st overall playing next to the Hart winner. The top 3 have all done extremely impressive things by comparison. He's a good player but will never be a superstar like the others. It really isn't close.
Pretty mediocre? His season was top-25 all time for 18 year olds

Hall has never had as good a season away from him

Youre out to lunch on your assessment of Hischier. The other three were playoff teams this year, but lets ignore that too

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It sure will be - plus as the team moves forward into being competitive, by virtue of having better coaching, teammates, and stability he will shine through again like he did at 18 when he gave Hall his best linemate to date (in terms of chemistry)

I think he’s a good player, who has a chance to become excellent. Not really disagreeing with you, but elite players don’t need a supporting cast to raise them up.

Players like Karlsson, McDavid, Eichel, enjoyed early career success on bad teams. Even lesser talents like Debrincat, and Larkin did too.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Pretty mediocre? His season was top-25 all time for 18 year olds

Hall has never had as good a season away from him

Youre out to lunch on your assessment of Hischier. The other three were playoff teams this year, but lets ignore that too

He wasn't an 18 year old all year so no it wasn't if we count all the seasons by players who turned 19 halfway into the season.

He also was on a playoff team that year so we've seen him on one. EP came to a crap team as a rookie and immediately became the best player and performed better than Hischier has on either a playoff or non-playoff team. Makar and Heiskanen are the 2nd and best players on their teams, one of which just went to the cup finals. Part of being a playoff team is having elite players. Hischier not being one is part of the reason Jersey isn't very good.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd say it's pretty clearly Hischier here, but its not like he's established himself to the extent other people can't or won't pass him this season. He simply needs to take the next step and show he's truly a franchise center, something he's failed to do so far.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I think he’s a good player, who has a chance to become excellent. Not really disagreeing with you, but elite players don’t need a supporting cast to raise them up.

Players like Karlsson, McDavid, Eichel, Debrincat, and Larkin enjoyed career success on bad teams.
Debrincat is an odd addition there lmao

Also Im not claiming he will be a superstar - but when its all said and done, I think he will be an anchor at 1C for a Cup team and can produce 65+ regularly with an actually competitive team while being strong in the two-way department. That may end up getting voted into the top-3

The three guys voted ahead of him are in amazing situations for their trajectories, whereas Nico is on a bottom feeder whos coach was one of the worst in the NHL. Theyre only 21 years old, think its a bit early to be claiming the top-3 as cemented is my point

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I'd say it's pretty clearly Hischier here, but its not like he's established himself to the extent other people can't or won't pass him this season. He simply needs to take the next step and show he's truly a franchise center, something he's failed to do so far.
Pretty hard when Hynes was your coach, you were injured (last year), lost your best linemate in hall, and your team was the youngest in the NHL!

Hischier will takes multiple steps, just believe baybay

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
He wasn't an 18 year old all year so no it wasn't if we count all the seasons by players who turned 19 halfway into the season.

He also was on a playoff team that year so we've seen him on one. EP came to a crap team as a rookie and immediately became the best player and performed better than Hischier has on either a playoff or non-playoff team. Makar and Heiskanen are the 2nd and best players on their teams, one of which just went to the cup finals. Part of being a playoff team is having elite players. Hischier not being one is part of the reason Jersey isn't very good.
QuantHockey has his season listed as 18, ill take the archive of historical stats over you claiming it was a 19yo season

Claiming a 21 year old cant ever get near some other 21 year olds is some lottery-prediction level thinking. Youre out of line to suggest an about to be voted top-4 player from a draft aged 21 on a bottom feeder cant get better when his team makes the playoffs like the other three have had

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Debrincat is an odd addition there lmao

Also Im not claiming he will be a superstar - but when its all said and done, I think he will be an anchor at 1C for a Cup team and can produce 65+ regularly with an actually competitive team while being strong in the two-way department. That may end up getting voted into the top-3

The three guys voted ahead of him are in amazing situations for their trajectories, whereas Nico is on a bottom feeder whos coach was one of the worst in the NHL. Theyre only 21 years old, think its a bit early to be claiming the top-3 as cemented is my point

The player you just described has a lower ceiling than all of the players ahead of him in the poll.

Becoming a 65 point player won’t be enough to surpass the other players, he’ll need to be better than that.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
The player you just described has a lower ceiling than all of the players ahead of him in the poll.

Becoming a 65 point player won’t be enough to surpass the other players, he’ll need to be better than that.
I said a consistent 65+ player, I wasnt claiming thatd be his high. Im not going to come out and say ‘Nico will score 75+ a year’ when he hasnt gotten close yet, even if he has that upside

I just dont like when people claim they know what an 18-19-20-21-22yo is and will be at their peak. Its moreso that than me being a Devil fan. The other three have incredible situations to succeed in, especially Heiskanen.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I said a consistent 65+ player, I wasnt claiming thatd be his high. Im not going to come out and say ‘Nico will score 75+ a year’ when he hasnt gotten close yet, even if he has that upside

I just dont like when people claim they know what an 18-19-20-21-22yo is and will be at their peak. Its moreso that than me being a Devil fan. The other three have incredible situations to succeed in, especially Heiskanen.

Situation is not nearly as important as you think it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad