OT: Official Calgary Stampeders Discussion

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
It was kind of a long fourth down conversion (5ish yards) wasn't it? I was pretty surprised about them not going for it after they had just been successful right before. I think it comes down to how good the stamps defense has been all year and how much pressure they were putting on Reilly for most of the night. Quick 20 yard pass over the middle after a turnover on downs puts the game away; and I know Maas has seen the stamps do that to his team before.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Even if it is a longish 3rd down the FG still means you need a TD (albeit with the FG you get a win instead of a tie) and if you miss on the 3rd you are likely in a better spot in terms of field position for the Stamps than after the FG.

It was a really odd decision, especially considering the two earlier 3rd down calls. Bill Simmons often says "ask yourself what the other team (or their fans) want you to do in that situation" and in that case i think 100% of Stamps fans and the team would say kick the FG.

The drops by Jordan (x2 at least) and Parker (guaranteed TD on a catch any of us could have made if Parker ran us to that spot) really made that game a lot closer than it should have been.

I don't see the Argos having much of a chance but we have seen in the GC before that weird things happen and teams that should have no shot win (Ottawa last year, Sask 2013, TO 2012 etc.).

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Loved the game! Maas making such a colossal error in loosing it makes it much easier for my wife (who cheers for the wrong Alberta teams) to have a focal point of anger after the game.

Will be very surprised if he is still their coach next year, he was already a four letter swear word in our house and now it is sealed forever that way.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It was kind of a long fourth down conversion (5ish yards) wasn't it? I was pretty surprised about them not going for it after they had just been successful right before. I think it comes down to how good the stamps defense has been all year and how much pressure they were putting on Reilly for most of the night. Quick 20 yard pass over the middle after a turnover on downs puts the game away; and I know Maas has seen the stamps do that to his team before.

There was no excuse. A FG doesnt help them except giving the Stamps better field position. They still need a TD.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
TD!!!!!

vevN3.gif

Reactions: Janks and Sk8M8

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don't know how anyone can still follow the CFL after watching that crap today.

Feel bad for Stamps fans who has to endure that.

I am not sure I have seen a team deserve to win a championship less than the Argos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->