Speculation: 2017 off-season talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd loveeeeeeeeeee Draisitl, idc if it sparked a rivalry, I'd offer sheet him if it became a possibility. It's not gonna happen, but I can dream.

Best not get your hopes up. Offer sheets are as common as goalie fights.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Let's not worry about Oshie--my brother is a massive Caps fan and to their knowledge, it sounds like Oshie is all but resigned. That could change, but I am thankful for them likely having that contract rather than us.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We offer sheet Drai, Edmonton offer sheets Wennberg, Bjorkstrand, Werenski, etc.

Only reason someone gets an offer sheet is if there's something from keeping both sides from working something out. Otherwise other teams don't even get a chance to to send one.

If Edmonton can't lock up Draisitl within their window it'd be worth it to try to get him.

But like I said, it's just a dream, just like getting Tavares.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Offer sheets are the Bigfoot of the NHL. Nearly completely a figment of the imaginations of amateur NHL GMs everywhere.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Let's not worry about Oshie--my brother is a massive Caps fan and to their knowledge, it sounds like Oshie is all but resigned. That could change, but I am thankful for them likely having that contract rather than us.

He also led the league in shooting % - a career ~13% shooter enjoyed a 23.1% shooting percentage in his age 30 year. A career-average year last year and he nets 19 goals. Do we have the likes of Backstrom, Ovechkin, Williams, Kuzy, etc. to let him enjoy a 23% shooting season again?

There are essentially two active players with career shooting %'s above 15%. So Oshie is certainly above average with a career % around 13%, but he's not going to replicate 23% again.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He also led the league in shooting % - a career ~13% shooter enjoyed a 23.1% shooting percentage in his age 30 year. A career-average year last year and he nets 19 goals. Do we have the likes of Backstrom, Ovechkin, Williams, Kuzy, etc. to let him enjoy a 23% shooting season again?

There are essentially two active players with career shooting %'s above 15%. So Oshie is certainly above average with a career % around 13%, but he's not going to replicate 23% again.

So he shoots twice as much this year :laugh:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I truly believe there's no way our first pick in the draft is in the 3rd round.. jarmo will at least move up into the second round. Wouldn't be surprised to see us move up to the 32-38 range.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I truly believe there's no way our first pick in the draft is in the 3rd round.. jarmo will at least move up into the second round. Wouldn't be surprised to see us move up to the 32-38 range.

Honestly, it seems like the talent between the 40-100 range is relatively even. I could see Jarmo staying in the 3rd round.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
It would take assets to move up. I'm just fine if he waits for the draft to come to him.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So, we still need to re-sign Forsberg but here's the thing - he's no longer waivers-exempt from my understanding. Korpisalo IS, but he's already signed a one-way deal. Plenty of rumors/speculation that Forsberg is a highly-coveted prospect. Do you think we'll be able to send him down after camp without him getting claimed?

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
So, we still need to re-sign Forsberg but here's the thing - he's no longer waivers-exempt from my understanding. Korpisalo IS, but he's already signed a one-way deal. Plenty of rumors/speculation that Forsberg is a highly-coveted prospect. Do you think we'll be able to send him down after camp without him getting claimed?

There are different rules for goalies but i believe he will be waiver exempt this year

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
So Trevor vanRiemsdyk returned a 2nd round pick. Has to be good should Jarmo move Murray. Gonna be a couple of interesting days to see what happens now that GMJK has cap space.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I literally just saw he posted the same thing on Facebook, but says Facebook instead of Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad