2017 NHL Redraft?

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I will never understand why some get so bent out of shape over another persons ranking of prospects. It's just an opinion guys, means nothing ultimately and sure as hell doesn't reflect how things will actually pan out.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
He scored at something like a 1.5ppg pace once he had surgery, and followed that up with a 2.35ppg pace in the playoffs. Or even just add his playoff stats to his regular season to account for injury and hes at basically the same PPG as Thomas/Glass/Suzuki, etc.
This is why its good to know context.
I'm glad you're happy with him.

Then why are you so fired up that others aren't as high on him?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'm glad you're happy with him.

Then why are you so fired up that others aren't as high on him?

Not fired up, just pointing out how little some people actually pay attention and just go with general statements. Big is the new bad on HF.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Patrick isnt getting any love I feel. I agree he has been passed by EP40 and Heiskanen as of today but that #3 spot really is anyone's for the taking. This draft will be one to keep an eye on every now and again, lots of players still to make the NHL and others at the time of being drafted were aware there was a 2-3 year time table to make it into the NHL.

Reactions: Tripod

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
This ^

Canucks fan OP just wanted to fantasize Pettersson being the 1st overall pick is all.

Yes, all fans like to push an agenda.

When TO signed Tavares out came the "who has the best centre depth"...and..."who are the best centres in the league" topics to push the Maple Leafs as SCF agenda...all fans do this...so guilty as charged.

As per the topic, this is fairly accurate:
"Top 3 are: 1) EP 2) Hischier 3) Heiskanen."

EP still needs to prove himself, but so far looks like a steal and justice for Canuck fans who watched the Oilers and TO get lucky while year after year they drop draft spots.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Patrick isnt getting any love I feel. I agree he has been passed by EP40 and Heiskanen as of today but that #3 spot really is anyone's for the taking. This draft will be one to keep an eye on every now and again, lots of players still to make the NHL and others at the time of being drafted were aware there was a 2-3 year time table to make it into the NHL.

I recall fans a few years before the draft wanting to tank for Patrick...his status was propped up to (almost) McDavid status pre-draft. His injury history didn't help and he may be a good player but hardly a first overall player worthy of the buzz.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Another person who doesn’t watch the games. You’re right, the Hawks D is trash, but he’s a bright spot on it. He’s already playing top pairing minutes and honestly, he looks good.

People notice that and that’s why many have him ranked so high. Someone like you will rank lower drafted prospects harder, due to pedigree therefore they must be significantly worse. I guess some people just don’t want to admit that the guy drafted at #29 is better than some of the players drafted ahead of him so soon.

Ive seen enough of his NHL games, including his 3 assist night against the league’s worst backup. Would I move him up from #29 in a re-draft? Absolutely. But not higher than the late teens/early twenties.

Jokiharju was going in the late 20s in every redraft thread and prospect article out there just this summer, which I thought was a little low at the time. Now he’s played in the league, has yet to score his first goal, and is suddenly twice the player he was two months ago? That in my opinion takes things too far in the other direction. It takes more than a handful of NHL games on an awful defence to move the needle for me.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Meh I'm okay with Rasmussen dropping on most people's list. Pretty sure that was a set thing in their minds from the moment he was drafted.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
A lot of people called him a big reach and hated him being picked there at #9. Pretty sure he dropped below 15 on many redraft lists just months after he was picked.
Okay.

It's not like hes blown the hockey world over and turned a tonne of heads. So if there were a lot of people not too high on him why would you think that would change?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Okay.

It's not like hes blown the hockey world over and turned a tonne of heads. So if there were a lot of people not too high on him why would you think that would change?

He isn't some can't-miss elite prospect but he's a top ten prospect/player from that draft. He's produced like it since then, yet is always barely mentioned in the first round in a redraft.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
He isn't some can't-miss elite prospect but he's a top ten prospect/player from that draft. He's produced like it since then, yet is always barely mentioned in the first round in a redraft.
All of this is your opinion and very debatable.

I'm not saying hes bad but none of what you say is a given.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
All of this is your opinion and very debatable.

I'm not saying hes bad but none of what you say is a given.

Sure, it's not. I'd suggest going to the Rasmussen thread if you want to see both sides of the argument beaten to death a few thousand times. It's great entertainment.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
With an explosive start from Pettersson and a solid start from Heiskanen, was curious if the 2017 NHL Draft was held today how would your top 15 play out?
  1. E. Pettersson (+4)
  2. N. Hischier (-1)
  3. M. Heiskanen (0)
  4. N. Patrick (-2)
  5. C. Mittelstadt (+3)
  6. C. Makar (-2)
  7. M. Necas (+5)
  8. C. Glass (-2)
  9. H. Jokiharju (+20)
  10. E. Tolvanen (+20)
  11. F. Chytil
  12. L. Andersson
  13. R. Thomas
  14. J. Valimaki
  15. G. Vilardi
It’s funny that’s draft that was supposed to be very weak looks to have at least 15 players that will be top line/top pair players. Guess scouts really never know what they’re talking about. I like your list though; so many good players in this draft that it gets har to rank after 3.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
We get it Canucks fans, EP is a stud. However some players havent yet played in the NHL so this thread is really premature.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I’d like to think Drake Batherson would be a top 15 pick now. Leading rookie scorer in the AHL despite playing 10 games less than the next two leaders.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
With an explosive start from Pettersson and a solid start from Heiskanen, was curious if the 2017 NHL Draft was held today how would your top 15 play out?
  1. E. Pettersson (+4)
  2. N. Hischier (-1)
  3. M. Heiskanen (0)
  4. N. Patrick (-2)
  5. C. Mittelstadt (+3)
  6. C. Makar (-2)
  7. M. Necas (+5)
  8. C. Glass (-2)
  9. H. Jokiharju (+20)
  10. E. Tolvanen (+20)
  11. F. Chytil
  12. L. Andersson
  13. R. Thomas
  14. J. Valimaki
  15. G. Vilardi

no Brannstrom? edit: **** this was months upon months ago

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
These lists are hilarious, Rasmussen will never get respect on HF. Players like Hague, Batherson, Lilgren, Suzuki, Thomas, etc all get moved up on their list despite not being good enough for the NHL (and in some cases, looking really bad in limited action). Yet Rasmussen doesn't even get an honorable mention in the top 20 despite putting up 16goals and 33pts in 14playoff games last year and actually making the NHL this season? Lunacy.

Even if you want to reference his average stats at the NHL level, hes still doing better than Chytil, Thomas and Necas.

So strange.
Who the heck has been skating around all season wearing #18 for the Blues then?

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
1) Pettersson
2) Heiskanen
3) Hischier
4) Patrick
5) Mittlestadt
6) Makar
7) Tolvanen
8) Jokiharju
9) Necas
10) Glass
Patrick's upside should be questioned at this point. Not sure I'd have him top 5 in a redraft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad