Surrey, BC
The thread that made me realize Patrick is underrated. I'd say:

1. Pettersson
2. Hichier
3. Heiskanen
4. Patrick

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
So almost no one is including Rasmussen even though he's producing in the NHL at 19 playing bottom 6 minutes on one of the worst teams in the league.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I remember back in like 2014 when Jets fans were gloating about Trouba being a future Norris winner and Blues fans claiming Parayko was going to be the next Shea Weber a couple years later. Ekblad is another. Theres a billion more examples. Point is so many players come into the league read hot and everyone gets horny over them. Then they don't progress as far as fans want. The fact that Nolan Patrick is falling on these lists is such a joke. Hes going to be so much better than everyone from this draft save Pettersen and maybe Hishier. Cant believe people have him below guys like Makar, Mittlestadt, Necas etc. Im not even a Flyers fan. :laugh:
Pretty much this. Everyone goes crazy over the rookie with the hot start then when teams actually start scouting for weeknesses and coaches start focusing on them more the hot streak stops and he settles into a role on the team, people start thinking he’s busting. Patrick is still a top 3 player from this draft.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
He is playing well, but he also can't seem to go a season without missing significant time. The guy has a big injury history and a lot of people will factor that in.
73 games as a rookie with Hakstal as coach, and a smaller injury, seems oki for me. This year he missed games due a nasty headshot (was it a concussion even?)
Cant play the injury card on Patrick in NHL..

Reactions: Tripod

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Leafs fans just pissed off because Liljegren does not make anyones top 15 2017 redraft list other then their own redrafts.
Why would any Leaf fans care about the opinions of people who havent even watched all these guys? Seriously. I bet any of the guys making their ranks, havemt watched at least 5 games of each player this year or last year. If you havent then why are you making opinion? You obviously dont know what youre talking about.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This'll be fun to revisit in a few months, as Rasmussen is starting to click in Detroit.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Leafs fans just pissed off because Liljegren does not make anyones top 15 2017 redraft list other then their own redrafts.
Yeah so pissed off. We look at one of the best free agent signings in decades scoring tonnes for the team, we look at our star dman leading the league in dman scoring, we look at an elite young team at the top of the standings gunning for a cup, and we think "screw this all, none of this is worth it if other fans dont think our pick from one year ago is in their top 15"!!!

You got us.

Reactions: Critical91

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
1. Heiskanen
2. Pettersson
3. Hichier
4. Makar
5. Mittelstadt
6. Jokiharju
7. Necas
8. Tolvanen
9. Glass
10. Patrick

11. Thomas
12. Chytil
13. Valimaki
14. Brannstrom
15. Liljegren
16. Frost
17. Suzuki
18. Poehling
19. Vaakainien
20. Hague

Andersson, Camtois, Aho, Batherson, Formenton might all push into that top group too.

These lists are hilarious, Rasmussen will never get respect on HF. Players like Hague, Batherson, Lilgren, Suzuki, Thomas, etc all get moved up on their list despite not being good enough for the NHL (and in some cases, looking really bad in limited action). Yet Rasmussen doesn't even get an honorable mention in the top 20 despite putting up 16goals and 33pts in 14playoff games last year and actually making the NHL this season? Lunacy.

Even if you want to reference his average stats at the NHL level, hes still doing better than Chytil, Thomas and Necas.

So strange.

Reactions: 21 Savage

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It's funny how Patrick has dropped down so far on so many lists yet is on a 49 point pace.

I guess he would be higher if he was playinging in Jr, college, or AHL.

What I've Learned from HF is that dominating the CHL at 19 is better than playing very well in the NHL at the same age. It's crazy.

Reactions: Tripod

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
These lists are hilarious, Rasmussen will never get respect on HF. Players like Hague, Batherson, Lilgren, Suzuki, Thomas, etc all get moved up on their list despite not being good enough for the NHL (and in some cases, looking really bad in limited action). Yet Rasmussen doesn't even get an honorable mention in the top 20 despite putting up 16goals and 33pts in 14playoff games last year and actually making the NHL this season? Lunacy.

Even if you want to reference his average stats at the NHL level, hes still doing better than Chytil, Thomas and Necas.

So strange.
Not that I disagree with you, but he wasnt a standout last year in the WHL.

It doesn't matter though, these redraft rankings mean little.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
too early to tell when most of these kids havent even played an NHL game yet. ask me again in 5 years

-canucks fan

Reactions: thethinglonger

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not that I disagree with you, but he wasnt a standout last year in the WHL.

It doesn't matter though, these redraft rankings mean little.

He scored at something like a 1.5ppg pace once he had surgery, and followed that up with a 2.35ppg pace in the playoffs. Or even just add his playoff stats to his regular season to account for injury and hes at basically the same PPG as Thomas/Glass/Suzuki, etc.
This is why its good to know context.

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

So strange.

Could be I just forgot him. Don’t take it so personally.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Imo the only three at this point that should be top 5 on everyone's list is Heiskanen, Petterson, and Hischier. These three clearly have shown they will be top players in the league and great picks from this draft.

I would be excited about Rasmussen if I was a wings fan, and Nolan if I was a flyers fan. It's a big deal to crack the lineup at such a young age. But these guys aren't on the level of three aforementioned, and for that, how can you really blame anyone for rankings the other prospects ahead of them - Makar, Glass, Mittlestadt, Jokiharju etc.

As for NYR, I really don't care if Chytil and Andersson are outside of the top 10 lists due to the depth of the talent as of now. With that said, I think all Ranger fans agree, it looks like a matter of time before Chytil puts up more points because he does not look out of place at all.

Reactions: mcnucker

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
1. Heiskanen
2. Pettersson
3. Hichier
4. Makar
5. Mittelstadt
6. Jokiharju
7. Necas
8. Tolvanen
9. Glass
10. Patrick

11. Thomas
12. Chytil
13. Valimaki
14. Brannstrom
15. Liljegren
16. Frost
17. Suzuki
18. Poehling
19. Vaakainien
20. Hague

Andersson, Camtois, Aho, Batherson, Formenton might all push into that top group too.

Like this list but would have Jokiharju about a dozen spots lower. He’s a riser but just because the Hawks D is trash and he won a spot, I don’t think his stick has gone up quite that much.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Like this list but would have Jokiharju about a dozen spots lower. He’s a riser but just because the Hawks D is trash and he won a spot, I don’t think his stick has gone up quite that much.
Another person who doesn’t watch the games. You’re right, the Hawks D is trash, but he’s a bright spot on it. He’s already playing top pairing minutes and honestly, he looks good.

People notice that and that’s why many have him ranked so high. Someone like you will rank lower drafted prospects harder, due to pedigree therefore they must be significantly worse. I guess some people just don’t want to admit that the guy drafted at #29 is better than some of the players drafted ahead of him so soon.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
So almost no one is including Rasmussen even though he's producing in the NHL at 19 playing bottom 6 minutes on one of the worst teams in the league.

You clearly don't understand how HFboards works. If you want Rasmussen to get recognition on these parts you need to flood the boards with threads about him, like Canucks fans do about EP, just as they did last year about tunnel vision. Almost nobody here has any common sense. It's all about hype and what have you done for me lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad