• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So too soon? Maybe
Controversial? You bet
Will people change their minds many times over the next couple a years? HELL YES

So lets vote for now and look back on this next year, the year after, etc

Please lets keeper civil and for now as long as the vote is not a throw away vote - there is no wrong answer. I will be adding a player in order of the draft in each poll, if you think theres a later picked player who should be in the next poll please mention it and I will consider your suggestion

Im taking Hischier at 1st

Reactions: MakoSlade

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Nico will hit 70 points this year if he stays healthy and continues to get PP opportunities. He's playing a complete game. Hard to argue with anyone other than him, despite how good Pettersson has looked in 7 games.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
1. Pettersson (even in such a short span, he is a clear #1 right now imo)
2. Hischier
3. Heiskanen (could eventually take that #2 spot but Hischier has that extra year of NHL advantage and has been very good so I'll wait a year or two)

Others that should be on this poll:

Valimaki, Tolvanen, Yamamoto

Last edited:
Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hischier was top 20 in the league last year in 5 on 5 scoring. He had an incredible rookie year, especially when you consider he was only getting second PP minutes. Gonna take a lot more than a 5 game sample for someone else from his draft class to supplant him.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
would be dumb to go with anyone but Hischier at this point,he went 1st overall for a reason and followed it up with a nice d+1 in the NHL while Patrick aside the others have yet to play more than a handful of games in the league

that said it's way too early to be doing this,tons of potential for guys like Heiskanen or Pettersson to maybe end up better in the long run

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
would be dumb to go with anyone but Hischier at this point,he went 1st overall for a reason and followed it up with a nice d+1 in the NHL while Patrick aside the others have yet to play more than a handful of games in the league

that said it's way too early to be doing this,tons of potential for guys like Heiskanen or Pettersson to maybe end up better in the long run

Making the NHL early has nothing to do with who will be the best player in the long term. First overall picks that are non generational talents rarely end up being the best player in the draft.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
If we’re adding players, Thomas, Comtois, and Frost are absolute musts.

Chytil, Timmins, Hague, Yamamoto, and Anderson-Dolan should also definitely be up there.

Edit: I’m also completely fine with just redrafting the top-15. OP’s discretion.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
How is heiskanen getting votes lol. No offense to him I think he’ll be a stud but ...

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
1. Pettersson (even in such a short span, he is a clear #1 right now imo)
2. Hischier
3. Heiskanen (could eventually take that #2 spot but Hischier has that extra year of NHL advantage and has been very good so I'll wait a year or two)

Others that should be on this poll:

Valimaki, Tolvanen, Yamamoto
yeah. Nope

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How is heiskanen getting votes lol. No offense to him I think he’ll be a stud but ...

Some people prefer a #1D with Karlsson potential over a #1C. I'm a Stars fan that says Pettersson and Hischier are above him right now but its certainly not surprising seeing him get votes

Reactions: MakoSlade

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Can’t go wrong with Hischier, Heiskanen and Pettersson.

They’re pretty interchangable but I’d go with Heiskanen, gun to my head.

All 3 are amazing though.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Not saying he should go yet but Chytil is better than half the guys on the list

Pettersson here though followed very closely by Hischier/Heiskanen

Reactions: CP4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad