Speculation: 2017 NHL Draft Thread.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Screw the size, his pure skill is unmatched in this draft (maybe Hischier is the only guy I put on his level). You trade two seconds in a heartbeat if you can move up to grab him, along with whoever you take a #12.

Give me more darts any day....so yeah, we'll have to agree to disagree.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Yamamoto falling to #42 would be excellent. I'd trade #42 and #52 to take him late 1st.

not me, too many good quality assets still out there to give up a 2 for 1 for a smallish guy like that. Way too many other options....

Screw the size, his pure skill is unmatched in this draft (maybe Hischier is the only guy I put on his level). You trade two seconds in a heartbeat if you can move up to grab him, along with whoever you take a #12.

I'm with NotOpie...he's not a guy I'd trade up for. Skill is great, but size is too much of a risk to move a 2 for 1 with the talent that should be available in the second and our recent history of finding that talent in the second. Those two picks could be Davidson and Ikonen...I'd rather those two than one of Yamamoto.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd like to see picks traded for a scoring forward. Barring that... Timmins or Lind would be my next pick.

Wonder if the Canes will take Ostap Safin given their scouting of Necas. 6'4" Czech RW who skates well and produced similar to Necas at the U18. McKenzie had him at #51.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->