GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I might come around if if he is legitimately a great skater. The Rangers identity is going to be team speed. Right now I have a pit in my stomach. At least there is no Tarasenko to ghost him for the next 5 years.

They only gave his skating a 3 oron a 4 on nbc. I think a 3.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Muh gamer, muh competitive.

I bet he's going to be a warrior too.

What the **** is a gamer, anyway?

These are the terms used to describe players/prospects who aren't very good or skilled at all. "Competitive, gamer, warrior, swiss army knife, winner, competitor, tough as nails, similar to Chris Kunitz, Oscar Lindberg replacement, etc."

Nothing mentioned about his skill, vision, skating, or offensive ability. Not the kind of things you want to hear for a top ten pick.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He had 19 in 42 in 2016-17 which is the season we just played.

Where is this magical season you're seeing that I'm not?

RIGHT. I JUST SAID THAT LIKE 5 TIMES. THIS IS HIS DRAFT YEAR. HE HAD 19 IN 42. THAT'S JUST UNDER .50PPG. 21 IN 42 IS .50PPG. THAT'S VERY GOOD PRODUCTION FOR A DRAFT YEAR PLAYER IN SWEDEN. WHAT ARE YOU MISSING HERE?

Jfc.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Too many whiners on this board. He was project like between 9-12. After glass was gone it was kind of wide open. Kid can play and play soon.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
What has skill done for this team. Look how many of our loser skilled guys choked the last few years.

It will be refreshing to at least have a gamer.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
No they couldn't. Seen him mocked in 9-12 range

he was 10-15 and was rising fast late.

the more you look at this kid, the more you will come around.

this kid has fewer holes than any player outside the top 5 and when glass went, this was the pick.

the guys left when we stepped up weren't rated higher than lias on our board.

as i was saying, this is a guy theyve liked. he does everything well.

anyone saying he's a 4th liner or whatever is dead wrong.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
The way this is turning out is making me feel like the main reason to trade Stepan was to clear salary and avoid having a broken down and declining Stepan for the next few years.

They must've felt Stepan has reached the end of his shelf life in terms of top play and only saw him becoming more of a liability. I think the main motivation wasn't to get a first round pick, but rather to rinse and repeat the cycle of team building with a new generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->