Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I had always assumed that was the plan with Lias anyways

Play in 9 games this year, and then go back to Frolunda to get better, and be a full time NHL player next summer

Obviously the 9 games didn't happen, but he'll be on the team for good next year.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
A lot of focus during the intermission on Swedish tv on the returning Lias Andersson.

First a long interview with Lias. Repeated a lot of what was said above. Stated that he will focus a lot on playing offensive hockey this season, and just become bigger and faster.

The expert for Swedish TV, ex Flyer Mikael Renberg, said that he is sure Lias will be ready for the NHL after a year in Sweden. He said that Lias release already is world class, good velocity but Renberg especially praised how fast he gets off his shot. Renberg said that Lias mainly must focus on getting stronger legs so that he can improve his first steps. Renberg emphasized how important those first strides are on the small ice, and stated that the key for Lias is to get stronger legs and abs, which he is certain will come with time. Renberg believes Lias will become a good no 1-2 center in the NHL when he can become more explosive in his skating.
Thanks, Ola. Counting on you for in-depth reporting this year. :D

Reactions: Ola and Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Lias Andersson just scored on PP, a beauty - most players would pass the puck there, but he took a short cut and sneak it behind their goalie! :towel:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This is why I tried to explain to one poster why referring to it as "CHL" causes problems for our North American posters, as we'd associate that with Canadian junior or the now-defunct Central Hockey League. First few times I saw it, I was like...uh...

And I will still call it CHL ;) Because to me, the Canadian Hockey League is not really a competition. It's divided into the WHL, OHL and QMJHL.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Good, let his offensive game keep developing. Happy to see him have a nice start to the season

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Astonishingly, Virta/Reunanen and TPS are losing to the Nottingham Panthers of the EIHL (UK League). More amazing is that if Nottingham wins in regulation they qualify for the knockout stages, which is f***ing nuts as they came into the tournament as the lowest-seeded team. They're even getting coverage from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/ice-hockey/41483262

Reactions: Revel

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Astonishingly, Virta/Reunanen and TPS are losing to the Nottingham Panthers of the EIHL (UK League). More amazing is that if Nottingham wins in regulation they qualify for the knockout stages, which is ****ing nuts as they came into the tournament as the lowest-seeded team. They're even getting coverage from the BBC.

Regarding TPS, looks like Vancouver sent Olli Juolevi to TPS. Wonder how this could effect Reunanen.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Astonishingly, Virta/Reunanen and TPS are losing to the Nottingham Panthers of the EIHL (UK League). More amazing is that if Nottingham wins in regulation they qualify for the knockout stages, which is ****ing nuts as they came into the tournament as the lowest-seeded team. They're even getting coverage from the BBC.

Great. A team with two of our guys gets taken out by a bunch of spandex wearing marauders. These is no hope...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
One last thing, Joel Lundqvist and Sean Bergenheim didn't dress for Frölunda. Lias was playing in Joel's spot on the 1st PP unit. I would expect Joel to get PP time, but maybe not in that spot. It was also mostly an in the face of the goalie role. He will probably get a second PP role when Joel returns. At least early, Frölundas PP has struggled so he might also get a bigger role, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It was a good start for Lias. His coach, the moralist Nazi, likes him. ;) He is a good guy, the coach, while he has a lunatics temper and is extremely intense, but he is a bit funny. Coaches can be nuts and do anything -- to fire up their team. Roger Rönnberg can go nuts because his players watch reality shows, not because it hurt his team but because it's morally wrong. He is genuinely the type who like thinks, if you are a hockey player you are a real man, you can't watch reality shows or crap on TV. Even funnier was a few years ago all his players were asked what their favorite hobby was, and half of them answered "Watching Paradise Hotell" just a few months he had forbidden them to watch it. It's real humor.

Reactions: Revel

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
One last thing, Joel Lundqvist and Sean Bergenheim didn't dress for Frölunda. Lias was playing in Joel's spot on the 1st PP unit. I would expect Joel to get PP time, but maybe not in that spot. It was also mostly an in the face of the goalie role. He will probably get a second PP role when Joel returns. At least early, Frölundas PP has struggled so he might also get a bigger role, but I wouldn't bet on it.
PP1 is pretty much set with Joel in front of the net, Friberg down low/behind the net, Lasch and Olofsson at the circles and Almquist at the point. He won't replace Friberg or Lasch as they are righthanded. Joel have chemistry with Lasch since before and Olofsson is the shooter. I doubt that Lias will take a spot there, if anything he'll beat out Olofsson. It will be interesting to see PP2 now which have had two D-men up until now, maybe Donovan won't be playing PP anymore.

We've played four SHL games, and stands at 17 %, it's too early to say it's struggling.

And Roger might be a lunatic, but he both takes his teams to championship titles and develops the players in the process. Lias is probably in the best place in Europe for him atm.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Being a lunatic is not wrong really. I remember Werner Persson and Leif Boork in Sweden. Both these guys were nuts but got some good results. Tarasov, Tichonov, Keenan, Ditka... I am one too in my field. Tortorella was one too. I could not stand his demeanor though. He went off on all kinds of people (heard about an insane airport incident) that were not at fault at all. It has cost him some too.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Where did Palestine come from?

Sorry it was a bad joke, think its from Seinfeld or Sex and the City or something. In connection to S&M activities they are discussing the need for a code word or safe word or whatever, first someone mentions a funny word but its shut down since it must be "serious", and then "Palestine" is suggested. Someone at this board often manage to pick up even the most far fetched references, but this one was very very very far fetched... ;)

Aahlstrom- Thanks! Great stuff! I have not seen any Frölunda games this year when Lias haven't been playing, but I heard someone mentioning that their PP had struggled so I re-reported that. I agree with you that 17% isn't bad.

I agree with you that Lias is in a very good spot.

One interesting topic is what kind of production that can be expected from him in Frölunda, what do you guys think? I would probably bet at slightly below 0.5 PPG. But its hard to speculate on it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->