Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C) - Part II

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I just love the way Andersson plays.

He plays with purpose and he plays to win. He wants it and I believe he’s going to get it.

I still think he could’ve made this team and should’ve. But he hasn’t sulked since going down, he’s owned the situation.

The Rangers are using him in a primary offensive role, and low and behold, he’s producing as a primary offensive player.

I’m not getting caught up in where these kids play at the NHL — line or position. I’m more of a combination type of guy anyway. But this kid’s D+1 and D+2 seasons have been have been great. There is absolutely no reason to believe Andersson isn’t a huge part of our future.

Midikem

Jul 2, 2009
Gothenburg
Prospect Report: 10.15.18

"Lias has been coming to the rink with the mindset of continuing to get better every day and he has been playing well as of late. He has done a better job of consistently keeping his feet moving and supporting pucks and, as a result, he's been able to capitalize on his scoring chances. He has been putting in the work, spending time with me reviewing his shifts back, and he has also been doing extra off-ice workouts in the gym." - Hartford Wolf Pack Head Coach Keith McCambridge on Lias Andersson

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Obviously not worried yet with so few games, but I hope they don't keep him down when he was nothing else to learn from it. If he's still PPG after 30 or so games you gotta wonder if he's getting anything further out of playing down there.

For now though, really happy that he's producing and seems to have the right attitude.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Obviously not worried yet with so few games, but I hope they don't keep him down when he was nothing else to learn from it. If he's still PPG after 30 or so games you gotta wonder if he's getting anything further out of playing down there.

For now though, really happy that he's producing and seems to have the right attitude.

If he keeps playing like this, he could very well be a November or December call-up. Especially if some of the vets continue to under-perform.

But we'll take it one step at a time.

Reactions: haveandare

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
If he keeps playing like this, he could very well be a November or December call-up. Especially if some of the vets continue to under-perform.

But we'll take it one step at a time.

Names is skating on thin ice as it is. Not that it's unwarranted ...

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

Oh, he's getting something.

A lesson in determination and perspective.

Nothing motivates success like have been where you don't want to be and always having that memory and experience drive you.

Not that Lias needs it. He's one of the most focused kids I've seen in a long time, I'm just saying...it's fuel for the fire inside.

Reactions: jas

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Can someone who watches the pack regularly kindly give me an answer as to why Lias has so many penalty minutes? Did he fight someone or something? He has a shocking number of PIM's as compared to last year, just wondering why.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
I’m in the camp that thinks he should have made the team out of camp; however I understand why he went to Hartford.

Can’t wait till Hayes gets traded; we’ll get a pick/prospect and LA gets his spot on the team.

LA and Howden have the attitude I want this club to have going forward. The sooner LA gets here the better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad