2017 NHL Draft | 4:00 PM | United Center | NBCSN

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yes kolesaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

wow what a steal he could be a great top 9 power forward in just 2 years

McPhee is killing it. He's already got Tuch and Kolesar.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Normally I'd be worried with the lack of trades for some of the glut of defensemen Vegas is trying to pawn off but the picks and Kolesar are great

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Normally I'd be worried with the lack of trades for some of the glut of defensemen Vegas is trying to pawn off but the picks and Kolesar are great

I saw that we are waiting for next week to start moving defencemen because of all the picks we already have

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
I saw that we are waiting for next week to start moving defencemen because of all the picks we already have

I think this is the best strategy. 2018 picks are worth a bit more but starting tomorrow GM's can't say it's only 2017 picks they are willing to move so I feel like it gives us a little more leverage to get 2018 picks or prospects that are a little closer to playing.

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Drafted another G in round 6 Jiri Patera from Czech Republic hopefully one of the late round goalies pans out

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
Drafted another G in round 6 Jiri Patera from Czech Republic hopefully one of the late round goalies pans out

Yeah. Patera had a .936 SP in the playoffs in Czech junior league last year and is 6'2"
Zhukov is 6'3" and I think is one of the better goalies in whole draft so 4th round is a good pick up hopefully.
Funny how size matters more for goalies than any other position now. It's crazy to take a goalie under 6'1" now. Who woulda thought that 15 -20 years ago.

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013
Can we sign Spencer Foo now? I've got prospect fever all of a sudden.

If he wants a shot to make a name for himself coming here would be his best bet he could be a 3rd/2nd liner right away and become a franchise corner stone if he pans out but I think hes heading to Edmonton since its his home town

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Can we sign Spencer Foo now? I've got prospect fever all of a sudden.

I would hope he's smart enough to realize Vegas has more line opportunity than most. He is rumored to be looking at the Oilers and Kings I think it was. I'm sure McPhee has talked to him and it would be nice.

That's the kind of name where it'd be hilarious when he scores and the crowd sounds like it's booing lol. Get some Fu Manchu goin as a nickname too. :naughty:

Speaking of which, had one pop in my head for Nick Suzuki... Suzuki SAMURAI! :yo:

Pretty pumped up dudes, this was fun and we got a great time ahead of us. While we weather that first season watching the progress of these prospects will be an important diversion.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hockey players always have good nicknames, but they're usually not overly complicated.

I'm guessing Suzuki becomes Suzy well before he has a chance to be samurai. :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I would hope he's smart enough to realize Vegas has more line opportunity than most. He is rumored to be looking at the Oilers and Kings I think it was. I'm sure McPhee has talked to him and it would be nice.

That's the kind of name where it'd be hilarious when he scores and the crowd sounds like it's booing lol. Get some Fu Manchu goin as a nickname too. :naughty:

Speaking of which, had one pop in my head for Nick Suzuki... Suzuki SAMURAI! :yo:

Pretty pumped up dudes, this was fun and we got a great time ahead of us. While we weather that first season watching the progress of these prospects will be an important diversion.

I think it's gotta be between Vegas and Edmonton. Better road to the big leagues or playing with McDavid.

And yeah we've got some great names with this team already. Glass, Suzuki, Hague, Marchesseault, keegan kolesar and others.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
Wow. So this is how it's supposed to feel on draft day. Being a Sharks fan for the 26+ years I got used to terrible picks and asset management. Thank you Vegas... I can actually be happy for once.

Faith restored.

Ship It To Vegas

Apr 14, 2017
Wow. So this is how it's supposed to feel on draft day. Being a Sharks fan for the 26+ years I got used to terrible picks and asset management. Thank you Vegas... I can actually be happy for once.

Faith restored.

Ha. After following the Canucks I feel the same way.
Trading away picks like they are allergic to 2nd rounders even while sucking.
Hodgson..White..Virtanen etc..

This weekend was so exciting for a fan. Helped that they picked the 2 forwards I wanted most where we were picking (Glass and Suzuki). I would've went for Liljegren but ok with Branstrom at 15. I feel like Hague and Zhukov could be huge picks for this team. So glad Hague fell out if first round.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I really like what the Knights did this draft. I like their selections. I like the trade for Kolesar (The name reminds me of a really obscure 80's song). It all comes together into a really neat package.

The results of this weekend really point to a bright future.

Now I'm wondering who they're going to invite to development camp. I hope they grab one of Ken Quinney's (Vegas firefighter and former pro hockey player) kids - Landon and/or Gage. That would be a cool story too.

Last edited:

Anarchy Joe

Jun 30, 2013

Faith restored.

As a former Sharks fan I def feel your pain seeing a draft like this is well amazing

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Not certain where to put this, so I'll drop it here.

Welcome to the NHL Vegas......as a Columbus fan, I'm glad to have you in the league and wish you nothing but the best. You are in for a crazy time. I won't go into the ups and downs, but there will be many.

Enjoy Wild Bill Karlsson. You should like him. He is a great young player and should help your team get established, compete, and grow. He will be a solid citizen and will create a few highlights for you. He still has upside and could really become special.

I hated to see Keegan Kolesar leave the CBJ organization. I had the opportunity to watch him in the Traverse City prospect tournament 2 years ago. Whoever taught this guy to body check should be hired and given a bonus. Not sure how much offense he will create, but he should provide some space for those creative guys (like Wild Bill) to operate. Enjoy him and help him continue to grow into the best player he can become. He is a role player that will always be needed.

Again, welcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad