NFL: 2017 NFL Training Camps thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He went to high school in northern New Jersey and was a 4-year player at Georgia Southern, i'd find it hard to believe he doesn't know enough of the language by now

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Very happy for him, was a great FB for SJSU and knew he could make a roster. Great blocker who can catch, one of those guys that plays for 4 teams for 8 years somehow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYjTta-lP0n/

s_smith821I received zero D1 football scholarships coming out of high school. Although I started all 4 years at SJSU, I never received any awards in college. I was never put on a watch list. I wasn't invited to any college all-star game. I wasn't invited to the NFL combine. I wasn't invited to any pre-draft visits. I went undrafted in the 2017 draft. I was told that my position is not needed anymore. I went into training camp with a team that did not even carry my position last year. Yet here I am today announcing that I made the 53 man roster for the @nygiants. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't accomplish the impossible!! DREAM BELIEVE ACHIEVE -

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So apparently su'a Cravens, one of the skins young d starters is about to retire

Sounds like the concussion he had that messed up his eyesight isn't recovering

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
DI175iPUwAAMz6u.thumb.jpg.7bdb8e139441b44596ae5f39ac5c1ee1.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Can we just go ahead and write off the Colts right now if Luck really does end up missing a few weeks like some have speculated? It was going to be tough for them to make the playoffs even with him 100% healthy starting in week one. Now they start the season without him, Ryan Kelly, and Vontae Davis.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Can we just go ahead and write off the Colts right now if Luck really does end up missing a few weeks like some have speculated? It was going to be tough for them to make the playoffs even with him 100% healthy starting in week one. Now they start the season without him, Ryan Kelly, and Vontae Davis.

Imagine if they didn't have him all year? That roster is one of the worst in football.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yet #7 doesn't have a job. Comical.

Most of those teams don't need Kaepernick

Buffalo = Taylor is better option as #1 and Yates is cheap vet backup. They also like Peterman who they drafted

Jets = They could use him or any QB upgrade but they are set on tanking it seems

Colts = Are not bringing in Kaepernick to sit behind Luck nor are they tailoring an offense to suit backup which is requirement with Kaep as he cant run the offense Luck runs. As for Tolzien , he sucks but Colts dating back to Manning years preferred to have garbage at #2 QB behind franchise talent QB because they were dirt cheap and rarely needed. Remember Curtis ####### Painter? They also just acquired Brisett

Rams = Are not moving on from a #1 pick after just a year. They have no reason to bring in Keapernick despite how bad Goff has looked. No organization moves on from QB drafted 1st overall after a year

Texans = Savage is caretaker until Watson is ready. They have no reason to bring in Kaep also Brandon Weeden who has actually proven to be capable backup in recent years is available if they suffer injury as he was just cut by them and likely will be waiting by phone should an injury occur to Savage or Watson

Jaguars = Bortes sucks but Kaep is not enough of an upgrade to bring in at this point. They will turn it over to Chad Henne soon enough and Henne will simply be a transition QB until they draft one next year

So outside of Jets there really isn't much incentive for any of these teams to bring him in. And as I pointed out Jets don't want to win games

I get it you love Kaep and think he is amazing. I think he should probably be on NFL roster at this point but most of those teams have no reason to bring in Kaepernick so to keep complaining about teams like them and backup QB's playing in place of injured QB's or as caretakers to job like Savage until a rookie is ready makes no sense

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad