NFL: 2017 NFL Training Camps thread

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Vance isn't bad. He's a great blocker in the run game and a great athlete. I expect him to produce big plays from time to time. Inconsistent hands and fragile though.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
but as the rule is written, and as it was described to players and coaches, the hit was legal

cause he never actually stomped on anyone

Its plain as day where he hit him, shoulder to the chest.

The FB should have have his head up when running across the middle less than 5yds from the LOS, and even he agreed the hit was clean.

I get wanting to make an example of Burfict, but wait until he (inevitably) does something that's actually illegal.

Poor Burfict. He never, ever did anything wrong. He's the cleanest player in the NFL. The league just wants to make an example of him because they hate the Bengals! :sarcasm:

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Poor Burfict. He never, ever did anything wrong. He's the cleanest player in the NFL. The league just wants to make an example of him because they hate the Bengals! :sarcasm:

literally no one has ever attempted to make an argument even resembling the bolded

in this particular instance, the one he's being suspended for, he did not break any rules

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
McDonald is a great fit in Pittsburgh. He'll excel there.

Sf saving more money dispite having a ton of cap space. Whatever.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I can't believe people are standing up for Vontaze Burfict.

I was a big fan of his in college, but he was totally dirty back then too. I thought he should have been drafted but teams turned him away, maybe not completely because of the penalties but they had to be a factor in the decision.

It's just weird how a guy makes a switch from villain to victim so easily. This dude is definitely a repeat offender. Americans want to forgive every guy just so badly - it's interesting.

Sep 19, 2008

Burflict was one of the most dirtiest players I seen in college (verbally threatened to injure a USC qb at one time) and has a highlight reel of dirty low blow hits and a very long history of despicable play in general

Thought he's shape up when he went to Cincinnati but he remains the same

Smh

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Just because someone has a ****** past it doesn't make it fair to punish them for an action that isn't bad.

The suspension should be reduced to nothing. The league is simply overreacting to him the same way the nhl did to Torres when they gave him 41 games for a hit that was borderline at worst.

Sep 19, 2008
Just because someone has a ****** past it doesn't make it fair to punish them for an action that isn't bad.

The suspension should be reduced to nothing. The league is simply overreacting to him the same way the nhl did to Torres when they gave him 41 games for a hit that was borderline at worst.

Did you not see the hit?

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

Burflict was one of the most dirtiest players I seen in college (verbally threatened to injure a USC qb at one time) and has a highlight reel of dirty low blow hits and a very long history of despicable play in general

Thought he's shape up when he went to Cincinnati but he remains the same

Smh

Has any player shaped up when in Cincinnati?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

So this guy: younghoe koo wins the Chargers kicking job and will be their kicker. Apparently he can barely speak English

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad