NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who the hell would trade for a guy who is hated by just about every member of his team and who is such a disaster in the locker room? I can't imagine any team wanting any part of Apple in a trade.

Belichick will give you a 7th round pick, and Apple will go to the Pro Bowl, and you will be forced to like it.

In seriousness, someone out there will think they can fix him, even if it's not via trade.

Giants missed badly on two straight top 10 picks.

That gets a lot of front offices fired, for sure. Easy to say when it blows up like this, but the interviewer department didn't get the job done at the combine, either.

No Donald or Goff, either. Mannion starts.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Looks like another win for Jimmy G coming and the hype will increase even more entering the off-season.

Rams basically telling the world they are fine facing CAR in a 4-5 matchup rather than ATL or SEA in a 3-6 matchup.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Looks like another win for Jimmy G coming and the hype will increase even more entering the off-season.

Rams basically telling the world they are fine facing CAR in a 4-5 matchup rather than ATL or SEA in a 3-6 matchup.

Rams punching their ticket to a wild card loss then.

Would much rather have Atlanta or a busted up Seattle team.

As for Jackson...weed isn't surprising (more in the sense everyone in the NFL does it at this point) but the bullets are a much more interesting point.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jackson running with shady people is what got him in hot water in Philly, but he hadn’t truly gotten himself into legal trouble.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, the Saints feel the same way.

Honestly, I almost wish the Saints would lay down too. I think if they saw the Rams getting creamed at halftime and it looked likely that Atlanta was going to win too, I think they would.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Rams punching their ticket to a wild card loss then.

Would much rather have Atlanta or a busted up Seattle team.

As for Jackson...weed isn't surprising (more in the sense everyone in the NFL does it at this point) but the bullets are a much more interesting point.

Gurley could really use the rest after the last two weeks, and Goff has played twice the amount of games he played last year so i can see why they want to rest them.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

More on Apple situation including this gem

Apple's contract includes clauses that allow the Giants to void his guaranteed money in 2017, 2018 or 2019 if, among other things, he "is suspended by the NFL or by the Club" or he "engages in conduct reasonably judged by the Club to adversely affect or reflect on Club, in Club's sole discretion," ESPN has learned. This would seem to allow the Giants to release Apple and argue that they don't owe him his guaranteed salaries of $1,827,484 in 2018 and $2,516,226 in 2019.

Apple will likely realize soon how costly this situation will prove for him

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was the book on him to begin with. Brought back Kasim Edebali.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
To be fair, at this point a 3-game injury probably lands you on IR. Still it's been crazy. I think the Saints have 18 guys on IR now.

They really need to expand the rosters, or at least the definitions of who can be on a practice squad. When you're having to sign guys off the street to start for you, you can't reasonably expect them to know all the ins and outs of the schemes and so on.

If you don't want to expand the 53-man roster, at least blow the practice squad up to like 15 guys and have the option to make up to say 6 of those players veterans with 5 years of experience or more who haven't started more than x amount of games over the last 3 seasons, or something along those lines.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I keep saying, they should expand the 53-man roster if they are adamant about going to an 18-game schedule. It's win-win. You can't expect these bodies to hold up in the same way these days.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Luck is already going to be 29 by the time next season starts. By comparison, Cam Newton is only about 6 months older and has started writing his name into the history books, winning an MVP, and already reaching the Divisional Round three times, with a Super Bowl appearance in there for good measure. I remember being really upset when Luck decided to stay for his senior season, and hated the Cam pick right up until his first game. Never more glad that things ended up the way they did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->