Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The font and numbers are a nice update.

b7c1612abe620b5eaf98f8cd47e0b793.gif

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Gotta think Anselmi knows the fans want the 2D logo back.

That change instantly makes our jerseys one of the best in the league, especially if the O stays as the 3rd.

Keep praying homies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
They couldn't even add some sort of design on the inside of the collar like some other teams did. This is the very definition of "lateral move". If you liked it before, you'll probably still like it, and if not, this won't change your mind.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Anyone notice that all the jerseys now have extra room in the upper left and right area of the chest? Sad that they designed new jerseys just so they can start putting sponsors on them. Its not going to be as bad as Euro jerseys, but the day of no ads on jerseys are done-zo.

I really hope when they introduce the concept of ads on jerseys the fans revolt. Its just not acceptable here in North America.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Well it seems the organization pretty much went with the same jersey because it knows its changing to a new one in two years. Its the only explanation.

No point in making an effort to change a jersey if you know youre going with a completely new set in 2 years.

Love the Avs going back old school.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Well it seems the organization pretty much went with the same jersey because it knows its changing to a new one in two years. Its the only explanation.

No point in making an effort to change a jersey if you know youre going with a completely new set in 2 years.

Love the Avs going back old school.

Why wait?

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Why wait?

The new boss probably didnt have time to make the change without rushing it and possibly messing it up.

The previous team never realized what the fans wanted. Something Anselmi realized from the day he started the job.

I have hope he's listening and we'll have new jerseys in 2 years (mandatory wait time to change jerseys from the new adidas template).

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
The new boss probably didnt have time to make the change without rushing it and possibly messing it up.

The previous team never realized what the fans wanted. Something Anselmi realized from the day he started the job.

I have hope he's listening and we'll have new jerseys in 2 years (mandatory wait time to change jerseys from the new adidas template).

So you are saying it is a Leeder thing?

On a related note, if all parties involved (Sens, Adidas, and the NHL) agreed to void that 2 year part of the contract could we see jerseys sooner? If the Sens fanbase built up a big enough petition, and had a big enough boycott on these jerseys could we force them to change early?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
theres a tweet in the main boards that say NEXT year 24-26 teams will have 3rd jerseys. some retros, some brand new.
and we will probably have a 3rd anways with the out door game. either way i think its good to save your money a couple of years if the rebrand is happening.

but this are brutal.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I don't know if it's a positive or not but at least they're not as bad as Nashville or New Jersey....they really went for the practice jersey look from the bargain bin.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wait, how the heck did Ottawa not manage a massive upgrade here and stayed the course with that Reebok Edge nonsense?

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Yeah, anyone expecting a drastically different design was bound to be disappointed. I don't expect very much different from this year. The jersey designs had to be submitted around the same time Anselmi was hired. I was expecting something pretty similar to what we already had. These were designed under Leeder, but after hearing what Anselmi had to say, I'm also pretty optimistic that we'll be seeing an overhaul for the better in a couple of seasons.

Still true today. Not sure what people were expecting when every single indication was given that there was no major overhaul coming. I know it sucks, it was a great rebrand opportunity missed. The people who missed that opportunity are out, give the new guys the chance to show the same apathy towards fan feedback before calling for their heads.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
s-l1600.png

Way better than the reveal, Ebay 2017 sweater lol.

Sens have screwed up the jersey again, boycott this crap.

The 'busyness' of the jersey works reasonably well with the cartoony logo so yeah I'd say this one is better than the reveal and our old set.

I can't believe they're ditching 3rd jerseys too because that was the only really redeeming one. I haven't gotten a 3d jersey and I don't expect to. I have a few old 2d ones including Yashin (though I think a relative 'stole' it from me last time they were over because they really liked it).

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
DCzqkHCUQAEbPD-.jpg:large

Weirdly enough, lots of people seem to like it on Twitter/Reddit, but it hurts my eyes just to look at it, tbh. Looks like they just threw a bunch of ideas together. At the very least remove those red stripes and it's passable.

I don't hate it.

I'm torn between liking the fact that they went with a unique primary colour in Grey for the home jerseys (in the same way I appreciate when teams try to own a color - like how the Sharks rock the teal by themselves, the Preds have the only yellow jerseys, etc...), and disliking the fact that grey jerseys are boring as hell. I think you actually need the red somewhere in those jerseys, otherwise they are so thoroughly dull and forgettable that they run the risk of creating a rift in the galactic design-space continuum and folding in on themselves, creating an event horizon of blandness.

At the very least, they've paid attention to the little details. For example - the filigree pattern on the sleeves is well done, I imagine those sorts of details look better in person than the images we have available to us shows.

DCz4jR6U0AAiqYK.jpg

littleD

Anyone notice that all the jerseys now have extra room in the upper left and right area of the chest? Sad that they designed new jerseys just so they can start putting sponsors on them. Its not going to be as bad as Euro jerseys, but the day of no ads on jerseys are done-zo.

I really hope when they introduce the concept of ads on jerseys the fans revolt. Its just not acceptable here in North America.

What's not acceptable about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->