2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 3 |

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
the =O= logo is timeless - like most "Letter" logos are

you wont look back 10 years from now and need to make changes to some face or animal design that went out of style

completes a re-brand

new school tied to old school

absolutely 100% the right choice from a long term marketing perspective

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm an advocate for the old 2D to be our regular jerseys, but there is no denying that the =O= works best on casual wear such as shirts, hats, etc.

Fitting sports logos tastefully into casual wear can sometimes be a bit tricky (i.e. without looking like a not-so-fasion-forward hockey dad). The =O= really lends itself to this purpose.

I think our 2D logo actually pulls this off well too.

51VsBZiZT3L.jpg

il_570xN.1588665803_u6f2.jpg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
On top of every other way this org. is crapping on us, they're also obviously sticking with the 3D face logo for the foreseeable future after seemingly going for the O rebrand mere months ago. It's almost like they're going against the wishes of the majority on purpose just to prove they're the ones in charge.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
On top of every other way this org. is crapping on us, they're also obviously sticking with the 3D face logo for the foreseeable future after seemingly going for the O rebrand mere months ago. It's almost like they're going against the wishes of the majority on purpose just to prove they're the ones in charge.

Is this because they made a poll where the centurion tied the O logo, even though they didn’t specify which centurion?

There’s nothing about this organization that doesn’t need to be changed.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
The Senators will also wear their red Centennial Classic jerseys for every Thursday night home game this season — that is the jersey they sported for the outdoor game against the Montreal Canadiens last season.

According to Ruszkowski, the club is working diligently on a plan for a permanent logo for the 2019-20 season — and he did not dismiss returning to the original 2-D Sens logo or moving forward with the Heritage O version.

https://www.tsn.ca/senators-reveal-more-pieces-of-rebuilding-plan-1.1171909

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
So, if Ruszkowski is actually considering a permanent return to the original 2-D logo, how do we convince him to do it?

I mean, I know there's a lot going on right now, but of all the changes the fanbase wants, this might actually be the most attainable.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So, if Ruszkowski is actually considering a permanent return to the original 2-D logo, how do we convince him to do it?

I mean, I know there's a lot going on right now, but of all the changes the fanbase wants, this might actually be the most attainable.

It’s too bad they waited so long.

Imagine how many people would have bought 2D Karlsson jerseys.

It would have been a windfall.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Has to be this, sheer ignorance and incompetence or Eugene is directly tied to the 3D garbage in some way and is being his standard self sabotaging stubborn self, it's is really the only 3 options in my mind.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Noticed watching tonight's game that we have the old Peace Tower/Maple Leaf logo on our helmets. It's hard to see, so there's a small chance I'm mistaken. You can see it at 3:33 in the video above.

There was that weird question that seemed almost planted about "DUH WHY DONT WE HAVE A MAPLE LEAF ON OUR JERSEY?" at the fan fest last year. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come.

UedQEUB.png

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Noticed watching tonight's game that we have the old Peace Tower/Maple Leaf logo on our helmets. It's hard to see, so there's a small chance I'm mistaken. You can see it at 3:33 in the video above.

There was that weird question that seemed almost planted about "DUH WHY DONT WE HAVE A MAPLE LEAF ON OUR JERSEY?" at the fan fest last year. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come.

UedQEUB.png

Pretty sure those have been there for a long time

Reactions: NB613

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad