2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 3 |

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
As annoying it is that other teams are introducing throwback jerseys and the senators are sitting idling by, I think it's potentially good news. The throwbacks for other teams are coming back as 3rd jerseys so there's hope that whenever sens introduce a new jersey, it'll be a full-out rebrand which it sounds like can only happen starting next season (it's been floated here that with the new adidas jerseys teams had to stick it out for at least 2 years, and makes sense since no other team has switched their full time jerseys yet). That said, anybody with a slight pulse on the market would have seen that sens should have switched up their jerseys when the adidas threads were introduced but better late than never.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I've been saying this for years, but we need to combine the side profile logos.

The original logo looks like Boomhauer, I tell you wut man.

23m57xt.jpg
No way man. The original is much better than that. I agree it can look a little strange but overall it’s very very good. I wouldn’t trust them to mess with it trying to improve it.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
florida_panthers_2016-present_a.png

We likely would need to simplify and modernize our 2D logo if we used it. A lot of the 90s logos are way to complicated to effectively be used in digital media and the multitude of different applications needed these days.

That's apparently why the Panthers updated their logo. It's probably why we updated the 2D logo to the round one with thicker strokes.

Reactions: NB613

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Rebrand doesn't really mean we are for sure getting new jerseys.

We rebranded last year with the "Here. Now. Ottawa." campaign that featured heavy use of Ottawa landmarks and the O taking over as the primary mark. Yet, we still had the same jerseys just Adidasfied.

It says "major branding relaunch" though, that's pretty significant compared to a simple rebrand.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Strokes on the helmet are much too bold and don't suit the rest of the design that has thin non-cartoony strokes.

Well yah, I literally MS Painted the part of the logo onto the old one.

A professional would make it look more uniform.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
It says "major branding relaunch" though, that's pretty significant compared to a simple rebrand.

Fair enough, I'd just be surprised if it turns out we have gotten this far into the off season with zero indication of new jerseys (including the Adidas catalogue) only to find out we're getting new jerseys this year.

It could be a rebrand leading to new jerseys coming for 19-20.

I certainly hope I'm wrong as I'd like new jerseys this season as much as anybody else.

Reactions: InDucheWeTrust

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Panthers changed their logo because they got a new owner with a military background and it is in homage to the 101st airborne division.

The Sens logo doesn't need to be simplified for digital, the Blackhawks logo is also complex and will never be majorly revised. If anything the modern digital world makes complicated logos easier to deal with due to vector formatting such as SVG files. Not to mention our current 3d logo is in no way less complicated than the original 2d.

I'm not referring to their new logo, I am referring to the leaping panther logo, their original logo. They updated it because it was difficult to embroider and apply in different sizes to different forms of clothing and media while having people able to properly interpret the logo.

It's an issue with some of the complicated 90s logos, which is why it wouldn't surprise me if that's why we updated the 2D originally.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm not referring to their new logo, I am referring to the leaping panther logo, their original logo. They updated it because it was difficult to embroider and apply in different sizes to different forms of clothing and media while having people able to properly interpret the logo.

It's an issue with some of the complicated 90s logos, which is why it wouldn't surprise me if that's why we updated the 2D originally.

This is a totally honest question and I am not trying to be a jerk but....is there a reason why they could do it in the 90s and not now?

Reactions: Back in Black

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
This is a totally honest question and I am not trying to be a jerk but....is there a reason why they could do it in the 90s and not now?

Even Original Six teams haven’t gone without their share of logo evolution over the years. And as identifiable as the old cat was, no one can deny the logo was a little heavy on the minute details. It’s a design that’s difficult to reproduce particularly at small sizes and when embroidered onto shirts or hats.

“It was very difficult in a digital age to use in a lot of platforms because of the detail and style,” John said. “We wanted something that was more flexible and dynamic and could still respect the past.”

Panthers redesign guided by in-house 'uniform geeks'

Reactions: NB613

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Even Original Six teams haven’t gone without their share of logo evolution over the years. And as identifiable as the old cat was, no one can deny the logo was a little heavy on the minute details. It’s a design that’s difficult to reproduce particularly at small sizes and when embroidered onto shirts or hats.

“It was very difficult in a digital age to use in a lot of platforms because of the detail and style,” John said. “We wanted something that was more flexible and dynamic and could still respect the past.”

Panthers redesign guided by in-house 'uniform geeks'

It comes off as more of a cost cutting measure and done for more efficiency to mass produce products.

Which I understand, but it’s still not impossible to make since they obviously had that logo for a decade.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
just use the =O= logo.
I'm an advocate for the old 2D to be our regular jerseys, but there is no denying that the =O= works best on casual wear such as shirts, hats, etc.

Fitting sports logos tastefully into casual wear can sometimes be a bit tricky (i.e. without looking like a not-so-fasion-forward hockey dad). The =O= really lends itself to this purpose.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I'm an advocate for the old 2D to be our regular jerseys, but there is no denying that the =O= works best on casual wear such as shirts, hats, etc.

Fitting sports logos tastefully into casual wear can sometimes be a bit tricky (i.e. without looking like a not-so-fasion-forward hockey dad). The =O= really lends itself to this purpose.
Good point about clothing. My gfav hat is a whited out =O= logo. Looks fantastic. Maybe the answer is a modified O, cause the O on the heritage is quite boring imo.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Good point about clothing. My gfav hat is a whited out =O= logo. Looks fantastic. Maybe the answer is a modified O, cause the O on the heritage is quite boring imo.
The O alone is boring.

But when you had the 2 stripes =O=, i like it.

To me, the reason i want the =O= is because they decide to do =B= with Belleville.
Their white jersey is beautiful.

I'm not against the 2D. Far from it. I hope they change it next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad