West

(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (8) Portland Trail Blazers
(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Memphis Grizzlies
(3) Houston Rockets vs. (6) Oklahoma City Thunder
(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Utah Jazz

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Boston, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Atlanta.

Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, Los Angeles.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bulls will be swept.

All but certain.

Rondo will throw a fit, Wade will quit, and Jimmy Buckets will sulk on the bench after he's taken off the court after the Celtics start the blow out.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
East

(1) Boston Celtics vs. (8) Chicago Bulls
(2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (7) Indiana Pacers
(3) Toronto Raptors vs. (6) Milwaukee Bucks
(4) Washington Wizards vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks

West

(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (8) Portland Trail Blazers
(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Memphis Grizzlies
(3) Houston Rockets vs. (6) Oklahoma City Thunder
(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Utah Jazz

Bolded my picks, almost no upsets as it is the first round

I can't believe the Bulls made it

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
East

Celtics in 5
Cavs in 5
Raptors in 5
Wizards in 5

West

Warriors in 4
Spurs in 5
Rockets in 6
Jazz in 7

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Celtics in 5
Pacers in 7
Toronto in 7
Atlanta in 4

Golden State in 4
Spurs in 7
Houston in 4
Clippers in 6

I know the Cavs upset call is risky. But man if they keep playing like they are right now it won't even take 7 to get them eliminated.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Despite their record I don't think the Celtics are that dominant.
Perhaps, but this Bulls team is just really, really bad. I understand the LeBron factor isn't giving any team a chance, but the Celtics are steady enough to at least knock out a Bulls team that's so horribly coached it's embarrassing.

If the Bulls still had Thibs, I'd still say Celts in six instead of sweep.

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
Celtics in 4
Cavaliers in 6
Raptors in 5
Wizards in 7

Warriors in 4
Spurs in 5
Rockets in 6
Jazz in 7

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
East

(1) Boston Celtics vs (8) Chicago Bulls - Celtics in 6
Celtics are hot, well organized, deep and I think Thomas will have something to proof after how his last playoffs went vs the Hawks. He will be guarded closely, even double teamed, but he has become a quality playmaker. He could have a field day facing a team with little to no identity right now, either scoring or passing. Bulls will win at least one, perhaps even two games based on their playoff experience, but that's probably all they have going for them.

(2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (7) Indiana Pacers - Cavaliers in 6
The Cavaliers have been struggling mightily the second half of the season. There have appeared some cracks in their reputation and status as league's best, showing a lack of chemistry and defensive flaws at certain occasions. Still, they will find their groove sooner or later these playoffs and march their way into the finals. They are healthy and should build on last years playoffs more so than on the recent bad stretch they went on. Pacers will win one or two. George is a fine playoff contributor and had his best game of the season vs the Cavs not too long ago.

(3) Toronto Raptors vs. (6) Milwaukee Bucks - Raptops in 7
I have a soft spot for the Bucks and I think this would've been the closest one to an upset if Parker didn't tear up his ACL. It still will be a tough series for either side, but the Raptors have just too much firepower. Their core has remained the same for a while now and they should have an advantage in experience with their trip to the conference finals last season. Plus, Derozan has found another offensive gear this season it seems. The Bucks possess the best player on either side in the Greek Freek, underrated Monroe and Middleton and here and there some players who could surprise, such as Brogdon or Dellavedova. Hoping they could stretch the series to a decisive game, but it'll likely be done in six.

(4) Washington Wizards vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks - Wizards in 7
Close one. I like the emergence of Beal, alongside John Wall. They might be the best backcourt in the East. The Hawks are tough, defensive, have a plethora of decent to good players and should have an advantage on the glass. The series could go either way, but the Wizards might have the only two game changers this series has to offer.

West

(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (8) Portland Trail Blazers - Warriors in 5
I think Durant's injury was a blessing in disguise. The Warriors found their groove without him and showed they weren't anything less than the record breaking side of 2015/2016, despite being less deep. The Warriors will cruise to the second round, but Lillard might steal one in Portland during game 3 or 4.

(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Memphis Grizzlies - Spurs in 6
The Spurs usually either sweep or have tremendous problems with their first round opponents. The Spurs finished the season losing 4 out their last 5. Despite resting a few key players during some of these games, it's not exactly a confidence booster. Yet, Pop should have all faces in the right direction come playoff time. Some nice matchups in this one: Gasol vs Gasol and Leonard vs Allen (though the latter is doubtful for game 1). Memphis is a tough, deep side with little weaknesses in it's starting five, but the Spurs should come out on top. I could see it going to game 7 if Aldridge and Parker fail to show up.

(3) Houston Rockets vs. (6) Oklahoma City Thunder - Rockets in 5
The Rockets are too much of an offensive powerhouse. They are fast, good in transition and share the ball tremendously well. They probably have six or seven guys who could all drop 20 points here and there. The Thunder are a one man show and would need for Russ to come up with another multiple 40/50 point games stretch. I predict we'll see a less stat-padding, more careful Russel Westbrook, but his supporting cast is just too meh. I expect their bigs in Adams and Kanter to do well, though.

(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Utah Jazz - Clippers in 6
The Clippers are so unpredictable, but their core of Paul, Jordan, Griffin and Crawford is just too much for the playoff inexperienced Jazz. Hayward has surprised me a lot this year, but he's pretty much the only star calibre player they have. Yet, the Jazz are well organized and strong defensively. This will be a close series, but with the Clippers prevailing.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Westbrook can stat pad all he wants, but a) Harden is the better player, and b) the rockets are 10x deeper.

Going to doubly enjoy both watching my Rockets **** kick that worthless franchise (will never forgive them for what they did to Seattle) and Harden proving once and for all why he is the MVP.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
East

(1) Boston Celtics vs (8) Chicago Bulls - Celtics in 5

(2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (7) Indiana Pacers - Cavaliers in 6

(3) Toronto Raptors vs. (6) Milwaukee Bucks - Bucks in 7

(4) Washington Wizards vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks - Wizards in 6

West

(1) Golden State Warriors vs. (8) Portland Trail Blazers - Warriors in 6

(2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (7) Memphis Grizzlies - Spurs in 4

(3) Houston Rockets vs. (6) Oklahoma City Thunder - Rockets in 5

(4) L.A. Clippers vs. (5) Utah Jazz - Jazz in 7

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Celtics, Cavs, Bucks, Wizards

Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Clippers

FEAR THE DEER

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The only upsets in the first round happen in the West. The top four in the East will hold home court.

OKC will take out Houston with possibly Memphis and Utah joining them. Just not confident in either to predict they will.

I will say if the Clippers lose to Utah, they need a major shake up. If not, blow it up entirely.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Agreed, but the Bulls are a mess.

Sure they aren't great but a mess is a bit of a stretch

Did finish out year 7-2 to grab a playoff spot and beat 3 playoff teams in that stretch (Cle , Atl and Mil)

I expect them to go out in 5 but I don't expect them to be embarrassed by Celtics

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->