13. :jets - D Cale Makar
14. :bolts- D Cal Foote
15. :isles - C/W Nick Suzuki

fire away ;)

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
FYI, I personally think Dallas will trade down and select Liljegren or Heiskanen. They'd be smart to. The 4 teams right below them need FW.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can see Vancouver or Vegas trading up to 3 to draft the 3rd best forward in the draft in their eyes. Both have such a massive hole at 1C going forward and Dallas is in good shape at Center.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
If Heiskanen is there at #4, I'd think the Avs take him over Glass...

After Landeskog/MacKinnon/Duchene/Rantanen (I guess Jost, but he's still unproven), that FW core is pretty scary

Avs have Barrie/EJ/Zadorov/Siemens/Bigras/Gelinas on D.

They should definitely go FW here.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
After Landeskog/MacKinnon/Duchene/Rantanen (I guess Jost, but he's still unproven), that FW core is pretty scary

Quantity doesn't equal quality.

That's a weak group when compared to the present and future of the other 29 clubs, Vegas excluded.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States

Bigras will hopefully rebound after an injury-riddled year. Gelinas is going to get fired into the sun and likely have a hard time getting an AHL gig next season with any team. Siemens is a fan wish that he will make the show but hasn't really shown anything at the NHL level yet (though he could probably be fine as a #6-8 defender).

More like it, we have EJ, Zads, Barrie then a good chance of Meloche, Mironov, Lindholm, Bigras having at least 2 or 3 of the 4 panning out for us. We still absolutely need a high end defenseman in our pipeline.

Heiskanen has to be the pick there.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Our D-core is much better going ahead than our forward core once the inevitable Duchene trade happens.

Also no the Avs shouldn't take Hieskanen, they should take Tippett or Glass

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Don't expect Dallas to trade down.

We're being gifted our best shot at a legitimate top pairing LHD for the first time in over a decade. We're not going to risk that by moving down.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
I really doubt that the Hurricanes will pick Tolvanen as they already have a number of small-ish wingers (Aho, Teräväinen). They'll probably go for a defenseman.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

You just included Gelinas as a positive argument for the Avs Defense?

Wow, you clearly know your stuff :laugh:

Avs take Heiskanen over Glass here easily.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No chance Makar falls outside the top 7. Same with Heiskanen. Liljegren isn't going that high, either. Makar and Heiskanen will both go top 7. Liljegren may go at #8 to Buffalo unless the new regime once its hired falls in love with one of the top forwards (Glass, Mittelstadt, Tippett)

Colorado definitely needs D more then F help. Johnson is nearing 30 and has a troubled injury history. Zadorov had a big injury this year. Dallas and Colorado will take Makar and Heiskanen.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
No chance Makar falls outside the top 7. Same with Heiskanen. Liljegren isn't going that high, either. Makar and Heiskanen will both go top 7. Liljegren may go at #8 to Buffalo unless the new regime once its hired falls in love with one of the top forwards (Glass, Mittelstadt, Tippett)

Colorado definitely needs D more then F help. Johnson is nearing 30 and has a troubled injury history. Zadorov had a big injury this year. Dallas and Colorado will take Makar and Heiskanen.

I believe Dallas will likely choose Vilardi, they have aging forwards and need to win now, he is closer to being ready maybe 1-2 years...they also badly need D and Heiskanen is further from being ready 2-3 years. Avs will pickup the remaining player between Vilardi/Heiskanen/Liljegren/Mittelstadt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad