2017 MLB Regular Season Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If you're a Mets fan the best thing is you just totally fall out of it by July so you can sell off Reed Granderson Bruce Cabrera Walker and maybe even Harvey if he is beasting and you can probably hit a couple of those prospects or even get an everyday player back. People forget the 2001-2006 Astros were largely built off a fluke offseason in 2000 where due to injury they lost 95 games and traded pieces off which ended up being major pieces of those teams

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Passan was saying it has a lot to due with Syndergaard putting on 17 pounds of muscle over the winter and trying to throw even harder than he did last year (as if he didn't throw hard enough).

I don't like Passan's opinions but Thor is throwing harder on average this year which is kind of amazing since he throws so hard already.

PITCHf/x Pitch Velocity
Postseason | Projections | Minor Leagues | Regular Season
Season Team vFA
2015 Mets 96.5
2016 Mets 97.9
2017 Mets 98.7

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I thought that was one where Travis (who was on 2nd base) might have gotten caught in between 2nd and 3rd thinking it was gone. Either that or he'd just tag up and move to 3rd. That throw in from Ells kind of made that catch a bit meaningless. Which is nuts because it was a hell of a catch.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I thought that was one where Travis (who was on 2nd base) might have gotten caught in between 2nd and 3rd thinking it was gone. Either that or he'd just tag up and move to 3rd. That throw in from Ells kind of made that catch a bit meaningless. Which is nuts because it was a hell of a catch.

Even with an ok throw to the cutoff guy Travis might have still scored but yeah it basically nullified an amazing catch.

Also Jose Bautista hits a hr every 11.7 an against the Yankees which is the best hr rate of any player all time against the Yankees. Thought that was interesting.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
this game has been a ****ing oof for the red sox. errors, bad baserunning, bat ab, etc.

not good with sale pitching tomorrow too since they won't be scoring any runs.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
this game has been a ****ing oof for the red sox. errors, bad baserunning, bat ab, etc.

not good with sale pitching tomorrow too since they won't be scoring any runs.
i expect something like at least 15 k's from o's batters against sale

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
And only through 6 innings too. Good guys up 1 though. Just got home from work, these East Coast games that start early kind of stink for us on the West Coast.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nats announcers say that it's nothing, Livan Hernandez threw 150 pitches in a nats uniform lol

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Aaron Judge is a large human being.

Pearce, Gardner and Judge all with 2 hr games tonight. Launching pad in the Bronx tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad