2017 MLB Offseason - Spring Training Lets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Whats the NHL equilivent of Judge/Stanton/Sanchez ? McDavid & Tavares being sent to the Penguins & them running a McDavid/Tavares 1st line & a Crosby/Malkin 2nd line

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
:laugh: I love how you just kicked my point square in the jimies :laugh:
It's a lot easier for a Yankee fan to see the Mets succeed. As for us Met fans, we're basically tortured :laugh: We lose and watch you win simultaneously. At the end of the day, I just want one championship. That's it and I'm good.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's a lot easier for a Yankee fan to see the Mets succeed. As for us Met fans, we're basically tortured :laugh: We lose and watch you win simultaneously. At the end of the day, I just want one championship. That's it and I'm good.

Yeah I can't wait for the next Yankees-Phillies/Braves World Series where there's no good result :P

As a Met fan I don't really care per se the Yankees got Stanton, I only care that it's just a fitting prism of the two organizations. The Yankees will go the extra mile, the Mets will take pains to go one mile less. And yes I know 'but he wouldn't have waived his no trade to come to the Mets anyway'...that's not the point, they didn't even ask about him. The Mets never go to Neiman Marcus but they overpay second-tier guys and have a limit on spending.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Whats the NHL equilivent of Judge/Stanton/Sanchez ? McDavid & Tavares being sent to the Penguins & them running a McDavid/Tavares 1st line & a Crosby/Malkin 2nd line

If the Leafs had Montreal's cups, drafted McDavid in 2015, still got to pick Matthews in 2016. Then instead of trading Kessel for spare parts 2 years ago, they traded him, Bracco, and a raw mid-tier prospect for Crosby.

*If 2 of the 3 played left and right wing and they were set to play on the same line.

That's the difference between the most valuable NHL franchise and the most valuable MLB franchise.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Yeah I can't wait for the next Yankees-Phillies/Braves World Series where there's no good result :P

As a Met fan I don't really care per se the Yankees got Stanton, I only care that it's just a fitting prism of the two organizations. The Yankees will go the extra mile, the Mets will take pains to go one mile less. And yes I know 'but he wouldn't have waived his no trade to come to the Mets anyway'...that's not the point, they didn't even ask about him. The Mets never go to Neiman Marcus but they overpay second-tier guys and have a limit on spending.
I totally agree. The Yankees go for it all when their window is open. The Mets don't. And I can't get mad at Cashman or the Steinbrenner's for that. It's the Wilpon's own fault that they play second fiddle and we as the Mets fanbase have to deal with being laughed at. Which is why I just don't care what the Yankees do anymore. I'm more concerned with what the Nationals are up to.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If the Leafs had Montreal's cups, drafted McDavid in 2015, still got to pick Matthews in 2016. Then instead of trading Kessel for spare parts 2 years ago, they traded him, Bracco, and a raw mid-tier prospect for Crosby.

*If 2 of the 3 played left and right wing and they were set to play on the same line.

That's the difference between the most valuable NHL franchise and the most valuable MLB franchise.
This reminds me i want to see NHLers in the Olympics again, to see Matthews vs McDavid.
I get the impression Matthews would be clutch in the Olympics while McDavid will slump when it counts the most like he did with the Oilers.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
This reminds me i want to see NHLers in the Olympics again, to see Matthews vs McDavid.
I get the impression Matthews would be clutch in the Olympics while McDavid will slump when it counts the most like he did with the Oilers.

That would work just fine for me. I'm just going to pretend that the WJC is the Olympics this year. The worst part is we'd probably have a better than average chance at upsetting our more talented little brother to the North in a best on best tourney this year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Stanton deal wasn't a baseball trade.
But a salary dump and letting him basically be a free agent and choose his team.

Yanks got him for nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
But a salary dump and letting him basically be a free agent and choose his team.

Whats your point DD. We all know what it was and are very excited about it, as would anyone with the lineup they will be able to put out there.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Whats your point DD. We all know what it was and are very excited about it, as would anyone with the lineup they will be able to put out there.

It's great for us Yankee fans but it doesn't feel right to get the MVP for basically nothing from Jeter.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

literally nothing. castro was a bum. so happy it was him and some prospects for stanton. just dont hate when something decent goes to miami in a few years. this was a long term trade.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
It's great for us Yankee fans but it doesn't feel right to get the MVP for basically nothing from Jeter.
I have total faith Jeter in a few years will have something good going over there. As far as being right its business we just happened to be on the winning end.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have total faith Jeter in a few years will have something good going over there. As far as being right its business we just happened to be on the winning end.

Being a great player doesn't mean you make a great owner

Michael Jordan - Wikipedia

I'm not a Jeter hater but man he's screwed up everything about as much as possible so far between firing everyone from radio guys to alumni for no real good reason and sending an intermediary to do it, to screwing up the Stanton thing where he knew Stanton wouldn't approve trades and then wasted his time trying to make trades with the Cards and Giants anyway. And he didn't exactly put a lot of his own money into the team and is gutting payroll. The Stanton contract is one thing but he's literally trying to deal off everything not bolted to the floor, just like Huizenga, just like Loria who was a crook.

Reactions: Blackjack and tr83

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Besides selling Castro because ownership is broke, I'm sure Jeter won't mind the extra adulation from Yankee fans for giving them Stanton for nothing.

He should send Marlin fans a gift basket

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
I'll miss Castro, but now we get to see Torres shine, and I really hope moving Gardner means we bring back the Toddfather

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I'll miss Castro, but now we get to see Torres shine, and I really hope moving Gardner means we bring back the Toddfather

Brett Gardner is less important to the team than a guy who strikes out a lot and is going to hit .210? Between Stanton, Judge and Sanchez this team is going to strike out a lot as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad