Status
Not open for further replies.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
U2VvWJG.jpg

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Stream is here:

So far we have Poland topping Ukraine 4-2 and Hungary topping Italy 5-2.

Great Britain vs. Slovenia set to start in 10 minutes.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Poland looked very solid in the early game and Ukraine has a very capable goalie for this level. No idea how will this one shake out.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Started today, Poland, Hungary and Slovenia got wins. Poland and Slovenia play tomorrow in what should be a good game.

geriszu

Apr 12, 2009
Bp
Hungary, Poland 6p
Slovenia, Ukraine 2p
Italy, Great Britain 1p

After 2nd round.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hungary looks best, Poles got pretty lucky to win yesterday despite being outshot massively. Would be impressive if Hungarians went from 2A to 1A in a year, missing some of their best forwards, too.

At the same time, it was pretty ridiculous the way they go relegated in 2014.

geriszu

Apr 12, 2009
Bp
I don't think there is a 'best one'. Poland seems very impressive to me. Slovenia showed good hockey & played as a strong group. Maybe Italy will wake up too.
Polish and hungarian teams began their games much more intensive than the others. I think that's the only one huge difference.

But day after tomorrow the game would be the 'final' berween HUN & POL.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Would indeed be wild if Hungary jumps up again, and shows that they are serious about developing hockey there, but I got to stand by Poland and keep up the eternal hope that they will one day make it to the top division (both here and at the senior level). A dream I doubt will happen, but I can hope. At the very least I hope Lyszczarczyk has a strong tournament and gets drafted this year, just to have another Pole in the draft (haven't had one selected sine 2003).

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
At the very least I hope Lyszczarczyk has a strong tournament and gets drafted this year, just to have another Pole in the draft (haven't had one selected sine 2003).

He should be standing out more at this level if he was a seriou draft candidate, no? Even pretty dominant 1A players don't get much attention come June.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
He should be standing out more at this level if he was a seriou draft candidate, no? Even pretty dominant 1A players don't get much attention come June.

Indeed, he should be outright dominating the competition here. He currently has a one point lead in the scoring race after two games, but that is definitely not enough. Though I also haven't been able to see him play so far, so he could be showing his skill in other means, but still, results should also be coming in goals as well.

geriszu

Apr 12, 2009
Bp
I'm waiting for the battle of the best forward (Lyszczarczyk) & D (Stipsicz) of the wc. :handclap:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Indeed, he should be outright dominating the competition here. He currently has a one point lead in the scoring race after two games, but that is definitely not enough. Though I also haven't been able to see him play so far, so he could be showing his skill in other means, but still, results should also be coming in goals as well.
What do you expect? He can't outperform the curve of his team and his lines' performance by the margin yall are asking for. He's tied with Nik Simsic for the lead and that kid nearly hit PPG in the SuperElit last year.

It is stark though to see the gaping expanse between the 1B level and the 1A level.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ny the way why isn't Arany playing in this tournament? Injury? Overall, Hungary is missing so many players, it's amazing they are doing as well as they are.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What the hell just happened? Poland up 5-0 after 2, almost blows it, and wins 5-4 for promotion, wow!

geriszu

Apr 12, 2009
Bp
Poland was the clever team. After 4 min. one of the hungarian players have made a huga mistake & got a 5min&game penalty. In that pp the polish special team've done the job (3G). Half time the result was 0-5.
In the 3th period the huns played as true warriors but the time ran out...
I think both team can be proud of their efforts.

& congrats to the pols!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Who are they missing namewise?

I might have missed some people but Arany, Mate Gaspar, Szita, Balint Horvath (who was maybe simply not selected but he'd definitely seem good enough to play for U20 already) and Toth. That's huge losses to top-6 F.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I might have missed some people but Arany, Mate Gaspar, Szita, Balint Horvath (who was maybe simply not selected but he'd definitely seem good enough to play for U20 already) and Toth. That's huge losses to top-6 F.
Is it this Arany who is 96'?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=153306
I think Gaspar wasn't selected because he wasn't good enough. He just played last Saturday, hasn't been near PPG in the EBYSL which I think would be standard metric.
Horvath probably didnn't get the respect he deserves but he's probably ready for their U20 team, they have Marcell Revesz haha the Swiss U17.
Toth is a loss of course.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is it this Arany who is 96'?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=153306
I think Gaspar wasn't selected because he wasn't good enough. He just played last Saturday, hasn't been near PPG in the EBYSL which I think would be standard metric.
Horvath probably didnn't get the respect he deserves but he's probably ready for their U20 team, they have Marcell Revesz haha the Swiss U17.
Toth is a loss of course.

Yes, Arany is evidently '96, I didn't figure to look at the birth date, just saw he's still 19. Pretty unlucky for both him and Hungary.

Szita is the biggest loss. He was a C of U18 team. He will still be able to play next year but next year Hungary seems weaker.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Poland down 3-1 to Italy and the first period isn't even over yet. Not a great start, and while they still could get promoted with the loss (provided Slovenia defeats Hungary), it would be better for them to control their own destiny. Plus if they have any hope of competing at the Division IA level they should be defeating teams like Italy.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Poland down 3-1 to Italy and the first period isn't even over yet. Not a great start, and while they still could get promoted with the loss (provided Slovenia defeats Hungary), it would be better for them to control their own destiny. Plus if they have any hope of competing at the Division IA level they should be defeating teams like Italy.

Final score was 5-4 in favor of Italy.

Slovenia has a 3-1 lead over Hungary after two periods, though. Only a regulation win for Hungary could stop Poland from being promoted. Let's hope for the best here.

Edit: Hungary cuts the Slovenian lead in half with 18 minutes to go:help:
Edit 2: And they tie it 45 seconds later. Wow.
Edit 3: After 4 minutes of play in the third period, Hungary takes the lead, 4-3.

Last edited:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Final score was 5-4 in favor of Italy.

Slovenia has a 3-1 lead over Hungary after two periods, though. Only a regulation win for Hungary could stop Poland from being promoted. Let's hope for the best here.

Edit: Hungary cuts the Slovenian lead in half with 18 minutes to go:help:
Edit 2: And they tie it 45 seconds later. Wow.
Edit 3: After 4 minutes of play in the third period, Hungary takes the lead, 4-3.

Much as they seem to do every year both at the senior and junior level, they choke away promotion. Would have been nice to see them go up, but they just can't seem to show up for those final matches. Still nice to see that Lyszczarcyk is going to finish with the scoring lead, and seems he brought Jeziorski up with him. Guess there's always next year, and the senior tournament to start looking towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad