U20: 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship Div. I Group A

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Good news: If we win out we still control our destiny.

Bad news: No way around it, the boys were awful today. Lukas Haudum showed up and really no one else. Kele Steffler also put in nice work defensively but he's the 8th Dman that won't cut it. Kazakhstan for whatever reason is Kryptonite, even when we got 2nd last year we got destroyed by them. Haven't won since like 2010 I think.

Batman line was invisible today. Champions League forwards should do better, period.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Felix Maxa needs to step up. He pissed off some of the younger players in an interview earlier saying that their goal was to avoid relegation, which made no sense given they were 2nd last year and the powerhouse Latvian team was promoted. Then he hasn't scored since the first period of the tournament. I'm his biggest fan but he's got to be in it the same way Lukas Haudum has.

Also, I wrote before the tournament that our goalies were crap and voila, it is what it is. Max Haselbacher is just sitting around the house with his dog right now, feeling like he should be doing something important but being unable to put his finger on it.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Trying very hard not to gloat here about my prediction. :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Full credit to you but how does these things happen is pretty tough to figure out :laugh:

Watching Kazakhstan year in year out and you start to figure out how their hockey works. :D As I wrote before the tournament began "they will win some and lose some". They are predictably unpredictable, that's why if they were to be relegated to 1B, they would struggle to rebound, even though they can win almost anyone at 1A level on a decent day. Today they simply were due a win.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Watching Kazakhstan year in year out and you start to figure out how their hockey works. :D As I wrote before the tournament began "they will win some and lose some".
As opposed to sweeping the tournament or losing against everyone? Holy ****, you're like rain man or something. :sarcasm:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Like my predictions, Belarus is going to win this tournament with their hands tied behind their backs.
...you're a few days early with this one. Germany could still win the break or if Belarus drop the title match...

I wish I could watch this game feel like it must be a classic. Anyone who is watching, how does Belarus' speed compare with Germany? Who is the faster team?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
And just like that Germany takes the tiebreak.

This is assuming no more upsets in the next round...

Belarus can win out and win the title match in REG
Austria can win out and win the title macth in REG/OT/SO
Germany needs to win out AND Belarus wins title match in OT/SO

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Ok, this one should be done and dusted. Austria can't play organized play. They're good at hounding slow opponents but when it's their turn to run a powerplay or anything that requires order they're incapable of rendering that. No form, no shape, no 1v1 battling capabilities. No meaningful goaltender. This year should have been a lot more than it's going to be.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
France beating Austria is a little surprising. Austria scoring 3 in the 3rd to tie it up but losing anyway. Everyone still in it for now, but Belarus should be the favorites to advance now

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
France beating Austria is a little surprising. Austria scoring 3 in the 3rd to tie it up but losing anyway. Everyone still in it for now, but Belarus should be the favorites to advance now
Cronyism at it's best, our goalkeeper gave up 4 of 17 shots, and every single one of them was preventable. Our best U20 keeper is blacklisted by the federation, as is our best Senior Men's keeper and one of our best U18 keepers as well. We need to clean house because the powers that be are destroying Austrian hockey alive even as we minions bustle around desperately trying to clean things up.

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
Looks like that only B prospect doesn't have a good tournament -- only 1 goal in 3 games so far.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
France 1st line is dominating the tournament.
Gabin Ville has 10 pts in 4 games (4+6)
Bastien Maia 9 pts (4+5)
Alexandre Texier, 17-year old, 6 pts (1+5), and according to some reports, should have 2 more assists from the 1st game.

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
Germany wins 2-0.
Promoted team will be Belarus or Germany.
France will stay in 1A and can win a medal with a win over Germany ! Great performance from our youngsters :)

Congratulations! You guys got some great peformances from the top line but I wanted to ask about some of your defenseman. Some of those kids are huge. What are your thoughts on Thiry and Galet? Do you see them as Ligue Magnus types or more likely to play outside of France? I'm a bit of a Francophile so I enjoy following the French program.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Congratulations! You guys got some great peformances from the top line but I wanted to ask about some of your defenseman. Some of those kids are huge. What are your thoughts on Thiry and Galet? Do you see them as Ligue Magnus types or more likely to play outside of France? I'm a bit of a Francophile so I enjoy following the French program.

I saw them play in 2014 (U18 WC) and Gallet was outstanding. Clearly above the rest, should be a decent player for the NT in the future. Played 1 year in NAHL and now in Finland, he will learn a lot.
Thiry wasn't as good in 2014, dunno how he is now. Valuable prospect still, but below Gallet IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad