U20: 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship Div. I Group A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Norway up 2:1 on Belarus after 22 minutes. I wish I could watch these games :/

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, it would be nice. Now back to the old trusty shot ticker. Belarus outshooting Norway 8-1 in the second though. Just keep taking penalties.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Norway are terrible but have an unusually deadly powerplay unit. If Belarus do not break out for a bunch of goals they might drop points here.

If he hadn't just dropped 6 yesterday to Austria I'd say Lillegrand looks like a pretty good keeper.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Yeah, it would be nice. Now back to the old trusty shot ticker. Belarus outshooting Norway 8-1 in the second though. Just keep taking penalties.

Shot ticker is an actual development, they used to update them only during intermissions, no? That said it feels like it is really behind the actual game when we have a chance to compare with livestream from 1B tournament.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Norway up 2:1 on Belarus after 22 minutes. I wish I could watch these games :/

Me too, TSN here in Canada has 5 feeds and broadcast the main international tourneys, you'd think they'd try to get the rights to these games. I'd check them out.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
My gut says Kazakhstan takes it.
My gut says Kazakshtan is going to get relegated. If.they weren't missing key players in that exhibition game against the Latvian C team, they have no business being in this division.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
My gut says Kazakshtan is going to get relegated. If.they weren't missing key players in that exhibition game against the Latvian C team, they have no business being in this division.
I would agree, we can't afford to overlook them, they surprised us last year so the boys should stay alert. That being said all they've done is lost to Germany 5-3, 36-18 and France the incoming relegation favorites. Rest day so batteries should be fresh. France is the big time trap game because it's the back leg of a back-to-back when batteries are low and France is a team that might be underestimated if they lose to Norway and catch the boys thinking too far ahead.

Hopefully Germany goes out there on a mission and takes points from Belarus, but I don't think that's highly likely either.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kromp and Haudum are just too much of a gamebreakers against 17 year-olds on Kazakhstan's defense for them to have a chance, even if they score a lucky goal or two.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Damn guys, you are so harsh :( If Kazakhstan goes down, I'll be devastated.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I though being Kazakh supporter you would be used to devastation by now :sarcasm:

Generally yes, but I'm was hoping that Kazakhstan has found their place in 1A for good. Relegation back to 1B would be very painful, but when you look deeper at this roster you see plenty of players that will retire in a year or two, so maybe you guys are right to be pessimistic about their chances.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Damn guys, you are so harsh :( If Kazakhstan goes down, I'll be devastated.
Well if you said they could beat Norway in last then sure and maybe get some PD tiebreaker. Beating the top team on the table so far though, it's absolutely not impossible, but the probability of chance isn't incredible.

But again, focus is everything, not underestimating any opponent. Can't fast forward to the showdown against Belarus.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
No games today but looking ahead that Austria/Belarus game on the 17th could be a big game if current standings hold.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Expensive refs got paid by a difference customer this time :sarcasm:
Haha they have honestly "missed" some pretty obvious calls. I don't know if you saw but a Kazakh player was crossing center ice and two Austrians simultaneously cut his knees and tripped him with their sticks.

But that Kazakh powerplay was pretty bad. Shots 1:0 Austria in that PP. Austria are playing poorly, and overconfident. The captain equalized now someone needs to step up and get the lead, looks like this is the trap game.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Equalizer was tipped by Kromp though, per official game summary. Not that it really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad