U20: 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey U20 World Championship Div. I Group A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Just curious, anyone know why Jordann Bougro isn't there for the french? He's kinda the leading Swiss U20 league scorer, which isn't world beating or draft worthy or anything but would appear to be a must-have for France.

I have no idea.
But the depth is a lot better than it was some time ago, so I guess it's a coach decision.
We now have a lot of these kids playing in Ligue Magnus (french elite league).

French roster is here :
French roster

Other than Bougro, missing are Colin Morillon (plays in elite, in Strasbourg) and Valerian Mathieu
Jean Gleizes (Canada) also missing.

Key players for this U20 team :
-Alexandre Texier, listed by the NHL as a 3rd rounder. Forward from Grenoble scored a hat trick on his 17th birthday for his 1st ever Magnus game. Regular on one of the best team in the league.
-D Hugo Gallet, by far the best d-man of his generation.
-D Alexandre Pascal, drew comparisons to Auvitu. Intriguing prospect.
-F Justin Addamo, also listed by the CBS, impresive in NAHL. Committed to NCAA.
Maia, Coulaud, Ville, Suire and Robert also to follow.

The 2 goalies are very good prospects. Papillon is the backup in Rouen,one of the best teams in the league and plays well.

The team is good, very nice generation. We hope to keep one team behind.

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Mathias Emilio Pettersen didn't make the final cut for the Norway roster? :(
Mathias have plus minus of -20 (Worst in USHL)
I don’t think he is ready for any U20 tournament at this stage of his carrier. He needs to do better defensively.

Even more surprisingly, neither did Linus Rosdahl their top line center, perhaps injury concerns, certainly a blow.
Regarding Linus Rosdahl, he is part Swedish, I think maybe there are IIHF rules stopping the Norwegian ice hockey association for getting him registrered on the roster.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Belarus 3 goals up against France after two periods.Belevich(who?) with 3+1 already.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Belevich(who?)

Some 187 cm guy playing in men's league. I guess playing against French kids isn't the biggest challenge for what is really a solid Belarus league pro.

It's just sad that after Belarus stopped participating in MHL their juniors are under the radar completely.

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
No, players who can get drafted this year include Leon Gawanke(GER), Alexandre Texier(FRA), Maxim Suhko(BEL),and Gustav Willman Borvik(NOR)
Thanks. But one of them is on the Button's list: Sushko is ranked 68th.
I didn't find Gawanke in any rankings even though he's playing in the CHL:
http://chl.ca/article/168-chl-players-on-november-players-to-watch-list-for-2017-nhl-draft
But another Belarusian defenseman Yeryomenko is rated as a C prospect. He was ranked even higher than Sushko back in September.

-Alexandre Texier, listed by the NHL as a 3rd rounder. Forward from Grenoble scored a hat trick on his 17th birthday for his 1st ever Magnus game. Regular on one of the best team in the league.
http://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsite/JJ/nhl/mock-draft/2017/
This the only pre-draft rankings where I found Texier and he's at 187th spot.

Last edited:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
It's not free. You also need to register. There will always be some old men trying to make money off of the sweat and tears of juniors :sarcasm:

Yeah I saw that when I opened it for the Germany-Kazakhstan match. I'm not paying C$5 to watch the World Juniors in Montreal later this month, certainly not paying 5 euro to watch this level on a stream.

Someone will eventually find a free stream, they always do.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Norway have bought the ref.

Norway player crosscheck's Maxa in the back of the head and Habernig gets sent to the box. Then Haudum gets almost tackled after a net scrum and he gets a 2+2. As far as the game it isn't even close Austria is 100 times better. This is where the ref begins to earn his paycheck.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Thanks. But one of them is on the Button's list: Sushko is ranked 68th.
I didn't find Gawanke in any rankings even though he's playing in the CHL:
http://chl.ca/article/168-chl-players-on-november-players-to-watch-list-for-2017-nhl-draft
But another Belarusian defenseman Yeryomenko is rated as a C prospect. He was ranked even higher than Sushko back in September.

http://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsite/JJ/nhl/mock-draft/2017/
This the only pre-draft rankings where I found Texier and he's at 187th spot.
He was a C prospect (like Addamo) in CBS 1st ranking.

Munchkin10

Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,Il
I didn't find Gawanke in any rankings even though he's playing in the CHL

He wasn't on anyone's radar and he started off slow. Now he is nearly a point per game player and some scouts are taking notice.

Norway have bought the ref.

Norway player crosscheck's Maxa in the back of the head and Habernig gets sent to the box. Then Haudum gets almost tackled after a net scrum and he gets a 2+2. As far as the game it isn't even close Austria is 100 times better. This is where the ref begins to earn his paycheck.

I believe at least one ref is actually from the QMJHL

ZHULiK777

Dec 12, 2016
Belarus
Some 187 cm guy playing in men's league. I guess playing against French kids isn't the biggest challenge for what is really a solid Belarus league pro.

It's just sad that after Belarus stopped participating in MHL their juniors are under the radar completely.

Belarussian ice hockey federation decided that MHL - is too expensive for us. And teams spent a lot of time for trips around Russia - from town to town. So players isn't training enough. It's important when you are 17-20 years old.

So U20 now play in our national championship (U17 and U18 in the second division). We have a good 5 teams (of 12). Really good. And it's good practice for guys. We have only two gamedays per week - THU and SAT. From SUN to WEN - training sessions.

This year we have a really good team. Well-coached, which follows common game system with national team. Shows active hockey, forecheck. With some talented guys. Max Sushko (1999, Owen-Sound, OHL) was a capitan and leader of U18 team in april, when U18 won 1st place in WC U18 1A. He is ranked in "B" in scout report.

And D.Buinitski (1997, Quebec, QMJHL) - it is 4th WC U20 for him. During two previous years he was in pre-draft list, but wasn't selected twice.

Belevich is one of the best scorer in U20 team in national championship. You can follow Belarus U20 here: http://pointstreak.com/prostats/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=628275&seasonid=16216

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
And D.Buinitski (1997, Quebec, QMJHL) - it is 4th WC U20 for him.

Last oportunity for him to show up at U20 level. He had a lot of success in U18 tournaments, but has failed to make a real impact at junior level. Kinda looks like he have been stagnating for last two years or so, he certainly doesn't look like he will be drafted at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad