2017 Football Thread III: End of an Eli

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Jets still have some needs that they can fill in FA.
  • Have to get someone to replace Wilkerson. Right now it is Williams and nobody else. DT is fine. Need at least one more DE. Haven't heard anything about Kony Ealy. He was good for them last year.
  • OLB. Been a need FOREVER on this roster. Might look at drafting guys for this spot. Jenkins is solid, but the other side is worrisome.
  • OL depth. Their starters at this point are fine, but they need to look at some guys as backups, especially at the guard position.
  • More DBs. Skrine sucks. Wish they'd have cut him. If they can get Honey Badger, this defense could become scary.
  • WR. With Enunwa (coming back from injury) and Anderson (being a dumbass), that leaves Kearse and the rookie crew they had last season. They need to add someone who can push these guys.
  • TE. No more ASJ. Have to sign a legit tight end. There are some options here in FA still.
They'll still be drafting their QB at 6. The two 2nd rounders could be used on OL and TE/DE.

I too am hoping they can make some noise and be in the playoff mix. AFC has some good teams though, so nothing would surprise me if they went 7-9.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Actually, now that I think about it...

1) Browns: QB
2) Giants (or Denver/Buffalo in a trade): QB
3) Jets: QB
4) (Denver/Buffalo in a trade): QB

Browns move back from their #4 to either #5 or #12, and get a bunch of additional picks as well.

PROFIT.

Could things really be finally going well for my team for the first time in 25 years?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Like the deal. Lets them take a top QB. And just like I said earlier, they now have a competent McCown to start and be a great mentor, Bridgewater as a great mentor and possible upside player, and then a top QB that won't have to play this year. It was a good plan and I'm glad it came to fruition.

Reactions: mattyd99

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Actually, now that I think about it...

1) Browns: QB
2) Giants (or Denver/Buffalo in a trade): QB
3) Jets: QB
4) (Denver/Buffalo in a trade): QB

Browns move back from their #4 to either #5 or #12, and get a bunch of additional picks as well.

PROFIT.

Could things really be finally going well for my team for the first time in 25 years?
I wouldn't trade with the Bills, don't wanna go to #12, we need elite talent, number five it's ideal if we wanna draft Nelson, Barkley wouldn't pass the Browns in #4.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Great trade by the Jets. With the possibility of the Bills moving up it was very likely the top 4 QB's would've been gone by 6. Now they're looking at a choice of Rosen or Mayfield, who I both like. Even better whoever they take will get to marinate at least a year under 2 guys who are well respected in how to be a QB.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
As a colts fan I like this trade too. It allows us to still get a solid player with the 6ova and take a chance in the 2nd with one of our picks. We have a lot of holes to fill.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Horrendous trade. If Rosen and Darnold are both gone then you traded all that for friggin Mayfield? It'll go down as a WOAT trade if they did that to take Allen.

I love Mayfield a lot but jesus christ you moved THREE spots with no guarantee that the two QBs worth moving up for are actually still going to be there. Abysmal.

You could've stood pat, gotten Mayfield, Chubb or Nelson and used all those 2nd round picks to build an actual NFL quality offensive line, get a linebacker and get a TE or a WR, preferably one not out on parole.

For every one move Mac does that I think is absolutely perfect, he bends over and takes a giant shit all over common sense with the next. Nice to see we're officially admitting that drafting Hack was a complete tire-fire. So technically this trade signals the loss of 4 2nd round picks AND a goddamn 6 overall pick to move up THREE SPOTS for a QB who may not even BE there.

Holy f***in shit.

So obviously Mac is purposely losing again this year, he kept next year's number 1 after all and purposely didn't spend cap money on a few free agents like Jenkins, Richardson or Honey when it would have cost the team absolutely nothing of value. He did nothing to address the Oline, because having a dried up, rotting corpse of an Oline has done wonders for so many teams.

I hope if they end up settling for Mayfield that he becomes a top 5 Qb because anything even remotely short of a perennial pro bowl Qb for the next 8-10 years makes this trade an absolute piece of mountain goat shit.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
As a colts fan I like this trade too. It allows us to still get a solid player with the 6ova and take a chance in the 2nd with one of our picks. We have a lot of holes to fill.
Absolutely. Presuming Luck will return to form, you have your franchise signal-caller. And I think you did about as well as you could in terms of compensation. 3 2nd round picks for 3 spots is a pretty solid haul, IMO...

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Horrendous trade. If Rosen and Darnold are both gone then you traded all that for friggin Mayfield? It'll go down as a WOAT trade if they did that to take Allen.

I love Mayfield a lot but jesus christ you moved THREE spots with no guarantee that the two QBs worth moving up for are actually still going to be there. Abysmal.

You could've stood pat, gotten Mayfield, Chubb or Nelson and used all those 2nd round picks to build an actual NFL quality offensive line, get a linebacker and get a TE or a WR, preferably one not out on parole.

For every one move Mac does that I think is absolutely perfect, he bends over and takes a giant **** all over common sense with the next. Nice to see we're officially admitting that drafting Hack was a complete tire-fire. So technically this trade signals the loss of 4 2nd round picks AND a goddamn 6 overall pick to move up THREE SPOTS for a QB who may not even BE there.

Holy ****in ****.

So obviously Mac is purposely losing again this year, he kept next year's number 1 after all and purposely didn't spend cap money on a few free agents like Jenkins, Richardson or Honey when it would have cost the team absolutely nothing of value. He did nothing to address the Oline, because having a dried up, rotting corpse of an Oline has done wonders for so many teams.

I hope if they end up settling for Mayfield that he becomes a top 5 Qb because anything even remotely short of a perennial pro bowl Qb for the next 8-10 years makes this trade an absolute piece of mountain goat ****.

If Rosen and Darnold go 1-2, you can bet some money that the Bills would've done everything they can to move to 3 or 4. Now 3 Qb's are gone. Denver needs a QB and loves Mayfield. All of a sudden the top 4 are gone.

You don't get a chance at a franchise QB every year, if you get the chance you gotta do it. The Jets aren't going to be good next year, they will still draft high enough for good talent next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad