2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I use a pay site that allows mock drafts with keepers.

Problem is that it's computer run. Would really like to do a mock auction-style with humans.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Any interest in doing a HF Best Ball league?

I've never played Best Ball, but sure? Would we have to have it manually done here or something? I don't think that's an option on any of the main sites. I mean, you could just lock free agent adds and have the commish control the lineups...

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
this is probably a stupid question, but here it goes...

I'm in a keeper league that just started up last year and the concept is we pick 1 player to keep and whatever round that player was selected in the draft last year is the pick you lose in the draft this year.

I struggled all last season with garbage RBs, and that's mostly due to me taking OBJ 2nd overall last year (I eventually traded OBJ for Antonio Brown after not being able to move him for a RB).

So, now my keeper options are:

Antonio Brown (lose my 1st round pick)
Brandon Cooks (lose my 3rd round pick)
Tyreek Hill (he was a waiver wire pickup so I'd only lose the last round pick)

My problem last year is I went WR with my 1st round pick despite my worry about not getting a good RB, and boy did that ever come true.

So if I keep Brown, which probably makes the most sense, I'll likely miss out on RBs again.

But if I don't keep Brown, then does that make me an idiot?

Thoughts?

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
And where are you slated to pick this year? Is it a PPR league?

If it's a PPR league, only way I would ditch Brown is if you're picking top 2 (Brown is #3 on my list), so might as well keep him. Not PPR? Then, Brown moves back a few spots, but not that much either because of Elliott's potential suspension.

I say, unless you're picking top 2, keep Brown and try to go RB in round 2 (maybe even 3) if that's what you aim to do.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
this is probably a stupid question, but here it goes...

I'm in a keeper league that just started up last year and the concept is we pick 1 player to keep and whatever round that player was selected in the draft last year is the pick you lose in the draft this year.

I struggled all last season with garbage RBs, and that's mostly due to me taking OBJ 2nd overall last year (I eventually traded OBJ for Antonio Brown after not being able to move him for a RB).

So, now my keeper options are:

Antonio Brown (lose my 1st round pick)
Brandon Cooks (lose my 3rd round pick)
Tyreek Hill (he was a waiver wire pickup so I'd only lose the last round pick)

My problem last year is I went WR with my 1st round pick despite my worry about not getting a good RB, and boy did that ever come true.

So if I keep Brown, which probably makes the most sense, I'll likely miss out on RBs again.

But if I don't keep Brown, then does that make me an idiot?

Thoughts?

Cooks isn't an option IMO, it comes down to Brown or Hill.

Where would you be picking the 1st round if you went with Hill, and who would be available to you?

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
Cooks isn't an option IMO, it comes down to Brown or Hill.

Where would you be picking the 1st round if you went with Hill, and who would be available to you?

I keep Brown without thinking twice. I doubt Johnson puts up the same numbers as last year and Bells only played 1 full season in his career.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I keep Brown without thinking twice. I doubt Johnson puts up the same numbers as last year and Bells only played 1 full season in his career.

Depends where he would draft in Round 1 if he throws Brown back and who else would be available in that spot. You might be able to still get Brown or another top guy there plus hold onto Hill for nothing.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just got offered Dez Bryant, Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, Tavon Austin and Jamaal Charles for my Jarvis Landry, Todd Gurley and Martavis Bryant in a dynasty.

Should I do it? :sarcasm:

What's wrong with people?

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Hell no, I see no point in getting West and Austin. Same with Charles.

I like Landry and Bryant a lot, at least more than Dez that's for sure. Then you have Gurley for Ware? Nah, keep your guys.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My choice of keeper between Bell and Elliott just got easier, right? The question now is will owners let Zeke fall to #9 (my first pick in a 10-teamer) and if so, what to do then?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Rams passing game won't be any worse than the Bills. I don't think it hurts him that much.

It hurts him huge. He's going from Tyrod Taylor to Jared Goff. Has to learn a new system, get used to new surrndings, etc. Throw in his tendency to get injured and he's an easy DND for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->