2017 Draft Class

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Who from the 2017 draft will be signed in the ensuing months? Lindstrom and Rasmussen are already signed.

I believe Kotkansalo, Petruzelli, and Adams will stay in school.

I am not sure how long the Wings control Setkov's rights without signing.

That leaves:

Zablocki
Gallant
Fraser
Webb
Gilmour

I doubt any of these guys get inked.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Our signing of unrestricted college free agents should probably be an indicator. Gallant has an outside shot at a contract in my opinion because he projects as a decent 4th line checking center still perhaps.

I would turn Kotkansalo pro if he is interested. I like him a lot as a bottom pairing pk guy, but he does still have a ways to go. Still he skates well and he doesn't let guys stand around in front of the net or play around in the corners without punishment. Just very minimal offensive upside in my opinion.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Interesting to see where does Brett Leason go at this 2019 draft.

He belonged already on that 2017 class and is not far away from scoring vs. guys like Gody Glass, who was #6 overall at 2017.

Best WHL scorers:

1. Cody Glass, 1.82 points per game (15+54=69 points) 2017 draft class
2. Joachim Blichfeld, 1.70 points per game (53+59=112 points) 2016 draft class
3. Brett Leason, 1.68 points per game (36+53=89 points) 2017 draft class, undrafted

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Just for comparison. Most points at 2018-19 season from 2017 class.

1. Elias Pettersson, 58p (5th overall)
2. Nico Hischier, 44p (1st overall)
3. Nolan Patrick, 28p (2nd overall)
4. Miro Heiskanen, 28p (3rd overall)
5. Robert Thomas, 25p (20th overall)
6. Casey Mittelstadt, 21p (8th overall)
7. Filip Chytil, 21p (21st overall)
8. Michael Rasmussen, 15p (9th overall)
9. Henri Jokiharju, 12p (29th overall)
10. Drake Batherson, 9p (121st overall)

Batherson is only non-1st rounder at the TOP10 scoring.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Rasmussen has 17 after last night.

Reactions: Henkka

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I would close the book on the CHL kids with the exception of maybe Gallant. The NCAA kids have been ok (not great, not awful) for the most part, though Petruzelli has had some rough patches and is facing some tough competition at the moment. I am still bullish on him, though I am probably in the minority. I would expect at least two of those three to get contracts. I will leave the euros to opine on Setkov's development.

Looking back at the draft I am just not seeing all of this skill that everyone seems to be clamoring for. If you are expecting to consistently find players who legitimately project as top-six forwards outside of the top two rounds, you are probably going to be disappointed. We clearly missed on some better options, but that is every team in every draft. I get though that the bimodal size / skill narrative is easier for some to mentally digest.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Our signing of unrestricted college free agents should probably be an indicator. Gallant has an outside shot at a contract in my opinion because he projects as a decent 4th line checking center still perhaps.

I would turn Kotkansalo pro if he is interested. I like him a lot as a bottom pairing pk guy, but he does still have a ways to go. Still he skates well and he doesn't let guys stand around in front of the net or play around in the corners without punishment. Just very minimal offensive upside in my opinion.

Yeah, I'd agree with you on all fronts. The signing of both Hirose and Kuffner is the writing on the wall for our plans with the 2017 draft class. Given we only have 2 contract slots left and the CHL players would need to be signed by June 1st we won't be signing all of them. As you allueded to it's really only Gallant that may be signed anyways and even he is more of a maybe. I don't see us signing any one and they all re-enter the draft and I don't really see any reason why the would be selected.

I think we should give Kotkansalo a little more time in the NCAA as I'm not sure how ready he would be for AHL minutes in 19-20 and I'd rather he be the NCAA than in the ECHL. Aside from that, I think we'll see Lindstrom make the move across to the AHL next season; Setkov will have another 2 years before we need to make a decision; Petruzzelli's development is up on the air but I'd assume he'll get a contract after next season, and I think we'll sign Adams for the 21-22 season, though he may be a FA target at that time if he develops well.

Not to rehash an old debate but I'm very happy we changed our drafting style for the 2018 draft and didn't continue with our 2017 mentality. I don't think there is any excuse in this day and age to have 5 drafted players not even play to the level of being worth an ELC. You would think after drafting McNulty/Wheaton in 2013 the team would have learned their lesson, but I guess the intangible allure was too much.

I think it's a little too early to base any evaluation of the 2017 draft based on points. Typically, the only players that will play in the NHL within their 1st 2 years of being drafted are those from the 1st round, it doesn't really show much at this point. Give it another 3 seasons and we'll have a better idea of where everyone stands. The only reason Batherson is even on the list is because he was drafted in his +1 season, otherwise he too would have been back in the Q this year.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
This is why getting all excited when Holland gets more picks makes me leery. Look at this bunch of hot garbage he took in 2017. It's not about how many picks you have it's about making the most with your picks. We have struck out a lot in the past few years with 1-3 rounders

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
This is why getting all excited when Holland gets more picks makes me leery. Look at this bunch of hot garbage he took in 2017. It's not about how many picks you have it's about making the most with your picks. We have struck out a lot in the past few years with 1-3 rounders

Looks solid to me:

2018 - 1st Zadina, Veleno; 2nd Berggren, McIssac; 3rd Regula, Barton *0 NHL games by 3rd rounders so far but it is too soon to tell. 3rd is always a crap shoot.

2017- 1st Rasmussen; 2nd Lindstrom; 3rd Kotkansalo, Zablocki, Gallant, Petruzzelli *only 1 game played in the NHL out of the entire third round class so it is to soon to tell. But the 3rd round really is a crap shoot anyway.

2016 - 1st Cholowski; 2nd Hronek, Smith; 3rd No picks *3 guys from the entire 3rd round have played a grand total of 43 games in the NHL. Again 3rd round is really a crap shoot.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
just an overall horrible draft for us. Size, no skill.

Hopefully Lindstrom can become a solid ever day dman to help justify how bad Tyler Wright and co messed that one up.

League average per draft is two NHL players. If Lindstrom shows up which seems pretty likely thus far at worst we hit league average on what you can expect in this draft and in a weak draft to boot.

Reactions: AttilaTheFun

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Looks solid to me:

2018 - 1st Zadina, Veleno; 2nd Berggren, McIssac; 3rd Regula, Barton *0 NHL games by 3rd rounders so far but it is too soon to tell. 3rd is always a crap shoot.

2017- 1st Rasmussen; 2nd Lindstrom; 3rd Kotkansalo, Zablocki, Gallant, Petruzzelli *only 1 game played in the NHL out of the entire third round class so it is to soon to tell. But the 3rd round really is a crap shoot anyway.

2016 - 1st Cholowski; 2nd Hronek, Smith; 3rd No picks *3 guys from the entire 3rd round have played a grand total of 43 games in the NHL. Again 3rd round is really a crap shoot.
2017 looks like a dumpster fire. It's still early but it looks terrible

Reactions: Jon Cusack

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
League average per draft is two NHL players. If Lindstrom shows up which seems pretty likely thus far at worst we hit league average on what you can expect in this draft and in a weak draft to boot.

And people have to understand that there's big differencies in draft strength.

Like at 2011 we did hoard almost all Trophy Winning defencemen, but that class was just overall weak. It hasn't produced many NHL defencemen for any team. Dougie Hamilton is the best D from 2011 and he is nothing special. Just good and never wins a Norris.

You can't beat the class level of strentgh, if it's weak. They play in a weak competition and even in weak compeition somebody looks good. But the real truth comes up against NHL competition vs other classes. Other classes will outplay them.

And Wings scouting staff knew this problem with 2017 draft class very well. That's why they did that character thing, went after different kind of guys, because there was less skill available. This was made on purpose, because building and developing a group of prospects is more complicated than just getting skill players.

Reactions: DInTheB

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga

Is that how we want to evaluate our drafts though? I understand that for the longest time fans, media, and I'd assume front offices evaluated their drafts by the number of players they could get from one draft but is that the best way to look at it? I think we should expect more out of our drafts than just aiming for "average" players, even in a weak draft. You can always find talent, the talent may not develop as you hope but it is always out there. The 97 draft, Datsyuk draft, and 98 draft, Zetterberg draft, were successful even though we had just 1 & 2 players come out of those drafts respectively. Compare it to the 05 draft, 10 draft, or even the 2002 draft, and the '98/99 drafts are still better even though we didn't produce a large number of NHLers.

In this day and age I think we should be evaluating the drafts based on the impact those players provide or some combination of NHLer vs contribution.

And people have to understand that there's big differencies in draft strength.

Like at 2011 we did hoard almost all Trophy Winning defencemen, but that class was just overall weak. It hasn't produced many NHL defencemen for any team. Dougie Hamilton is the best D from 2011 and he is nothing special. Just good and never wins a Norris.

You can't beat the class level of strentgh, if it's weak. They play in a weak competition and even in weak compeition somebody looks good. But the real truth comes up against NHL competition vs other classes. Other classes will outplay them.

And Wings scouting staff knew this problem with 2017 draft class very well. That's why they did that character thing, went after different kind of guys, because there was less skill available. This was made on purpose, because building and developing a group of prospects is more complicated than just getting skill players.

No, that is not true at all, like not even close. This narrative that you present of being unable to find talent in weak draft classes is ridiculous. Every draft has talented players selected in the later rounds, whether it is a weak, average, or a strong class. The 1998 draft was considered a weak class yet we drafted Datsuyk, I wonder what would have happened if we took the 2017 draft approach in that year? What about 1999 a draft which was considered "The deepest seen in years"? It's now considered to be one of the weakest of any draft and has very little to show for all the hype.

Changing your draft strategy based on the perception of the players available is ridiculous and it's how you end up wasting valuable assets, eg: picks. If you want to find the Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's in each draft class you need to swing for the fences, go for the high upside picks, because eventually you'll have one that develops and becomes a star level player. You may only produce 1, maybe 2 NHLers every few years but they will provide you with more than enough value to make up for being the lone player from those drafts.

Lastly, what good is a non skilled prospect if you're not even going to sign them? We have at least 4 guys from this draft that we won't sign, what value are they going to provide the organization? That they came to 2 or 3 development camps, had a good week, and then didn't even play well enough to earn an ELC? You can argue that any pick after the 2nd is valueless, or close to it, because the success rate of getting an NHL player is so small, but when you conduct a draft in the way the Wings did in 2017 you're not even giving yourself a chance to get a useful NHL player.

Also, here are a list of players that were found after the 3rd round that have plenty of skill: Stelio Mattheos, 73rd; Evan Barratt, 90th; Emil Bemstrom, 117th; Drake Batherson, 121st; Igor Shvyryov, 125th; Lucas Elvens, 127th; Tyler Steenbergen, 128th; Sebastian Aho (D), 139th. There are others but those are just names that I recognized that fit the bill of being skilled players with good upside. Not all of them will make it to the NHL but that doesn't mean the picks weren't successful; drafting NHLers consistently is hard and drafting good NHLers is even harder. All of these players have non 0 chances to be contributing members of an NHL team, which is more than can be said for our "Character players".

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
@DatsyukToZetterberg I want them to do more than that, but I see things like abysmal and terrible thrown around on this draft a lot. It seems unlikely to rank worse than average is kind of the point in a very weak draft year. So for those saying if only Ras and Lindstrom make it well that would be basically the average draft and we pulled it off in a weak draft.

Sure ideally you would hit on every pick. That is unlikely and frankly the hand wringing over a 19 year old power-forward transitioning to the league in a normal rookie fashion is getting pretty funny to me. You guys might hate Ras but he is already in the show and he plays a style that typically takes longer to arrive in the league doing. Still seeing that as a big positive while half this board apparently expects everyone to hit 40 points immediately or something. Character is a big reason we draft Larkin, Bertuzzi and Hronek too so while that is a fun subject it has helped during this rebuild. Also not sure where the notion is that a lot of 6'6" guys skate like Ras or have his hands, dude could become a legitimate weapon in this league with plenty of skill. Sorry I will continue to disagree with those pegging this as a character only pick. While I had Necas above him that is about it and let's stop pretending he is terrorizing the NHL level this year so the standards being used here are pretty misguided in my opinion.

Outside of the first and second round in a draft low on skill, they took a lot of big project players, most teams are a balance we went for guys with size that skate pretty well, you need those too at some point.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
@The Zetterberg Era You've raised a lot of fair points for sure. I've given up on hating the Ras pick, I haven't seen him do enough to suggest he'll be more than a middle sixer but that's an okay outcome for a pick in his range. I would have liked to see him back in the CHL and truly dominate the WHL; I guess it's a little hold over from the over-ripping days. I don't even mind the Lindstrom pick as the scouting staff has had success with going off the beaten path to get someone they like if they feel they won't be available later, Bertuzzi and Janmark spring to mind. It's just the picks after that are so far against how I feel a team should look at the draft. I think Kotkansalo/Setkov could become top pairing defenceman and I would still call the 3-7th round drafting a failure because of the reasoning and methodology behind the picks.

I can't agree that it was a draft low on skill though. There is always late round talent available in drafts and it doesn't make sense to forgo the search for those players just because "it feels" like a lower draft. Most draft analysts only state whether it's a strong or weak draft based on the talent in the 1st round, or perhaps the first couple or rounds. This is just my opinion, but focusing on drafting players that have limited upside, limited offence type of players almost always cap out as bottom line players, does not make sense in the big picture. By trying to balance your picks between risky (skilled players) vs non-risky (defense first/big with skating) a team is limiting their chance to draft a useful player, not easily replaced. Bottom line players are replaceable and frankly should not be the priority when drafting, it's a kin to an MLB team hoping to draft a reliever with one of their early round picks. Having a risky player develop into a bottom liner is much different than having the bottom liner develop and meet their potential.

Teams have very few ways to accumulate talented players, if you want to trade for one you have to "give to get"; signing one normally means you're paying a premium of some sort, either extra years or a higher cap hit; and you can draft them. To me, it just seems a bit silly to try and draft lower ceilings players when the best way to get talented players is to draft them. Even if it's only a small chance you only need to get be "lucky" once and you can change the course of a franchise.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Changing your draft strategy based on the perception of the players available is ridiculous and it's how you end up wasting valuable assets, eg: picks. If you want to find the Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's in each draft class you need to swing for the fences, go for the high upside picks, because eventually you'll have one that develops and becomes a star level player. You may only produce 1, maybe 2 NHLers every few years but they will provide you with more than enough value to make up for being the lone player from those drafts.
The Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's of the draft class are almost always found near the top of the draft nowadays. You can probably draft only "high upside picks" in the 3rd-7th rounds for 10+ years and never find anyone close to Datsyuk or Z, because it's becomes so much harder for that kind of talent to slip under the radar.
Of course you should still gamble on kids like Kivenmaki in the hopes you can find a Gaudreau, but finding useful NHLers at a regular rate is pretty huge when it comes to drafting. These days, you should focus on finding your star players in the 1st and maybe 2nd round, because beyond that your odds are so bad of finding elite talent. Then if you find some solid players to add depth in the later rounds you're in a pretty good position.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

sure if you want to completely ignore any semblance of context

it may make no difference to the end result but there's a big difference between a pick that does okay for a while and never ends up amounting to anything and a pick that disappoints from the word go and never appears to even have a shot at amounting to anything and when most of your draft class is like that it's a pretty big sign that you f***ed up somewhere in your selection methodology

aside from that Lindstrom is far from a sure thing to stick in the NHL and the Wings also had 11 draft picks that year which is far above the "average"

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
sure if you want to completely ignore any semblance of context

it may make no difference to the end result but there's a big difference between a pick that does okay for a while and never ends up amounting to anything and a pick that disappoints from the word go and never appears to even have a shot at amounting to anything and when most of your draft class is like that it's a pretty big sign that you ****ed up somewhere in your selection methodology

aside from that Lindstrom is far from a sure thing to stick in the NHL and the Wings also had 11 draft picks that year which is far above the "average"

Sorry tough to find context when you're attempting to sewer a draft two years out when we are one of the few teams that actually already has a player contributing from it.

Fun stats on this draft:

Draft Stats

Total drafted players to play in NHL: 25
Percent of players to play in NHL: 11.5
Average NHL Career Games: 36
Average NHL Career Goals: 6
Average NHL Career Points: 16
Average NHL Career PIM: 10

2017 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

And grand total of 25 games played by second rounders in this draft. 44 total from rounds 3 thru 7. You might believe this is a low-end draft for us that was a mistake, but we don't actually really know anything yet. Lets say Pertu has a massive junior year and him and Larsson duel for the job and he wins and is our starting tender for 10 years. Well if Ras is a top 6 winger, Lindstrom a top 4 d-man, Petru our #1 goalie and hey Kotkansalo becomes a pk bottom pairing guy or Setkov for 4 or 5 years well that was a massively successful draft. Hard to say right now is a part of what I am driving at. Most of this narrative is still coming from people who dislike the Rasmussen pick and most of his comparison players around the league were not near the league at his age. I still see a player that can be an absolute weapon for us down the line, he is a pretty unique package.

Simple point on this thread is we are still far too close to provide negative rebukes or glowing praise. Most outside of the first round take 4 to 5 years to get to the NHL so we still have a few years before this picture really clears up.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's just the picks after that are so far against how I feel a team should look at the draft. I think Kotkansalo/Setkov could become top pairing defenceman and I would still call the 3-7th round drafting a failure because of the reasoning and methodology behind the picks.

I can't agree that it was a draft low on skill though.

How will you determine that "failure", if that character thing will do what that scouting guys and Tyler Wright told to us? How it was needed to "push our other guys on the competition environment these character guys will create", and if finally those other guys from other drafts will get better careers because of that push these character did influence on their development?

How will you measure that? How can you come here and say that it's a failure, if our management thinks the opposite, that it's a meaningful thing on the long process? It was thinking out of the box, going deeper than I have ever heard about draft tactics or building about a kid core.

It just selfish and arrogant to say that it's a failure. It just different thinking than yours. If our management sees that as an significant thing to build a kid core, it's just different methodology, but no one can say is it a failure or not.

Those comments and videos are still on Youtube, where even Håkan Anderson will tell that "last year before we took skill guys and on next draft they will concentrate again on skill guys", but that 2017 draft was planned differently. Then Wright told what was the reasoning for the different tactic.

Last edited:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
^^ Very interesting discussion guys. Just a few additional thoughts:

1) Should "replacable" "bottom 6" players not be drafted?, and rather traded for using 3rd and 4th round picks.

2) With so many teams pushing for more and more important drafting... I have noticed better and better NHL players are available for 2nd round picks. Its possible that building a team by trading draft picks for talent (for nearly every player but a superstar) seems to be a viable strategy

3) When we talk about character players, or size players, or skill players. I am not sure these definitions are well established. I think it would be an idiotic strategy to draft the best hands 5'7'' players from 3rd to 7th round just because we are looking for the next Gaudreau. Also if we never draft a big D man... how will we ever have any Big D men?? (see (1))

4) Rasmussen is not a "size only pick"... He was going to be drafted in the top 15-20th picks for a reason. It will take 2-3 more years before redrafts make sense for 2017... but i highly doubt Rasmussen falls out of the top 20.

5) We are approaching top 5 picks now. First one was Zadina. We all hope it works out. But the REAL talent is going to come to us in the next 1-2 years. Cross our fingers for that Lottery... We need the Luck too.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

It just selfish and arrogant to say that it's a failure. It just different thinking than yours. If our management sees that as an significant thing to build a kid core, it's just different methodology, but no one can say is it a failure or not.

Those comments and videos are still on Youtube, where even Håkan Anderson will tell that "last year before we took skill guys and on next draft they will concentrate again on skill guys", but that 2017 draft was planned differently. Then Wright told what was the reasoning for the different tactic.

What is this about youtube / Anderson / and Wright? Could you expand... I dont think i know this information

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
How will you determine that "failure", if that character thing will do what that scouting guys and Tyler Wright told to us? How it was needed to "push our other guys on the competition environment these character guys will create", and if finally those other guys from other drafts will get better careers because of that push these character did influence on their development?

How will you measure that? How can you come here and say that it's a failure, if our management thinks the opposite, that it's a meaningful thing on the long process? It was thinking out of the box, going deeper than I have ever heard about draft tactics or building about a kid core.

So you're okay with a team selecting players just to foster the development of other players? Again, we aren't even going to sign 4 or 5 of those "character" players so how can they contribute to an environment when they aren't even a part of the organization? The impact some medicore CHL player will have on a player like Kivenmaki or Berggren is non existent, the "character" development will come from veterans that are on the AHL/NHL team. As well, to already get drafted and be noticed means that the players are already committed to their craft, they don't need extra motivation from someone their same age to convince them to improve.

I can make the determination that the strategy was not successful because objectively the later part of the draft, after our 1st 2 picks, is bad. The players we selected are not going to be signed, which means they will not provide any value to the organization which is the ultimate goal when drafting. Four of the 5 CHLers we drafted are not going to be signed and they are not even important players on their CHL teams. There was no abstract thinking going on here, that would be the opposite of what we saw them do in 2017, instead they double downed on old school hockey culture and wasted multiple picks.

And just because someone works for an NHL team it doesn't mean they're infallible. They may have blindspots or biases that creep up and lead to poor decision making, eg: picks in round 3-7 of the 2017 draft. They can talk up the picks and their selection process behind them but them saying "We selected these players so they can come in and create a culture" is not exactly an inspiring way to hear somebody describe a draft class. As fans we aren't privy to the discussions or rationale behind their decision making processes. When we do get that information and it doesn't line up with reality we should be able to discuss it and criticize them so hopefully they can recognize their mistakes. I've linked plenty of stuff in the past about the different rates of prospects developing into NHLers, I'd be happy to do it again, but the findings in those articles/blog posts is why I feel like the 2017 draft was a waste of assets.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
So you're okay with a team selecting players just to foster the development of other players? Again, we aren't even going to sign 4 or 5 of those "character" players so how can they contribute to an environment when they aren't even a part of the organization? The impact some medicore CHL player will have on a player like Kivenmaki or Berggren is non existent, the "character" development will come from veterans that are on the AHL/NHL team. As well, to already get drafted and be noticed means that the players are already committed to their craft, they don't need extra motivation from someone their same age to convince them to improve.

I can make the determination that the strategy was not successful because objectively the later part of the draft, after our 1st 2 picks, is bad. The players we selected are not going to be signed, which means they will not provide any value to the organization which is the ultimate goal when drafting. Four of the 5 CHLers we drafted are not going to be signed and they are not even important players on their CHL teams. There was no abstract thinking going on here, that would be the opposite of what we saw them do in 2017, instead they double downed on old school hockey culture and wasted multiple picks.

And just because someone works for an NHL team it doesn't mean they're infallible. They may have blindspots or biases that creep up and lead to poor decision making, eg: picks in round 3-7 of the 2017 draft. They can talk up the picks and their selection process behind them but them saying "We selected these players so they can come in and create a culture" is not exactly an inspiring way to hear somebody describe a draft class. As fans we aren't privy to the discussions or rationale behind their decision making processes. When we do get that information and it doesn't line up with reality we should be able to discuss it and criticize them so hopefully they can recognize their mistakes. I've linked plenty of stuff in the past about the different rates of prospects developing into NHLers, I'd be happy to do it again, but the findings in those articles/blog posts is why I feel like the 2017 draft was a waste of assets.
You're talking about mentoring. He's talking about competition and habit forming in general. Teammates need to push each other to compete harder in order to improve and stay on top of their game. That's why work ethic (which is a big part of character) is so highly valued. You need both mentoring and a healthy competitive environment to foster good team culture. It's worth noting that team culture isn't the same as organizational culture. You seem to be using them interchangeably.

Reactions: Henkka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad