2017 Draft - 3rd Pick: Dmitri Samorukov

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Good to see him getting top 4 icetime in the KHL and playing well.

Is that 2nd pairing mins in the KHL? That would be borderline 2nd/3rd pairing mins in the NHL I think. But something in my memory tells me that maybe the KHL runs 7 dmen, which would bring down the TOI for all dmen? Good to see him getting good minutes and playing well in a pro league either way. The KHL is a good league, no doubt about it.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Is that 2nd pairing mins in the KHL? That would be borderline 2nd/3rd pairing mins in the NHL I think. But something in my memory tells me that maybe the KHL runs 7 dmen, which would bring down the TOI for all dmen? Good to see him getting good minutes and playing well in a pro league either way. The KHL is a good league, no doubt about it.
Heres the breakdown of minutes deployed by the D on his team in this game.

Worth noting that in the KHL you are allowed 20 skaters, CSKA going with 13f/7d.

Mat Robinson - 21:34
Artyom Sergeyev - 19:33
Klas Dahlbeck - 18:35
Dmitry Samorukov - 18:27
Yegor Rykov - 17:38
Bogdan Kiselevich - 15:14
Artyom Blazhiyevsky - 13:20

So hes definitely in the top 4.

Worth noting that he had 4 more shifts than Rykov.

KHL site tracks top speed and distance travelled.

He had a max speed of 30.65 km/h and travelled 3.97 km.

Slepyshev had a max speed of 37.16 km/h on the team, by far the highest.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Worth noting that in the KHL you are allowed 20 skaters, CSKA going with 13f/7d.

Thanks for the info man!

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Is it bad when the KHL tracks more stats than the NHL?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The NHL was going to deploy more detailed real-time stats for the playoffs; instead, they focused on executing all the logistics of bubble hockey after the pandemic shutdown.

I have noticed some interesting in-game stat overlays during the broadcasts. Just sucks that it’s not detailed “on paper.”

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Someone posted in another thread that the SHL isn't allowing short-term loans.
I think he could actually be loaned from his team in Allsvenskan to a SHL team :naughty:
Not that it will happen, but if a SHL team becomes really depleted due to injuries, they can take in loans from other teams as long as the player is under contract. Which Bouchard is even though it is short-term.

No, but you are right, to play SHL this season you need to be signed to a contract in the SHL for a full season. I mean SHL contracts always have an out clause to the NHL, but if the league/club suspects that the player will be leaving once the NHL starts up, the contract will not be allowed.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

I watched 2/3rds of a game a week ago, against Sochi iirc, and Slepyshev looks like a true star at that level. He controls the game and plays at a very fast pace. He handles the puck alot and looked great doing it. He undressed a defender for a quality chance at one point. Strong in the neutral d zones.

Samorukov was good. He could probably tighten his gap a little but was strong otherwise. Great skillset.

Maksimov played and was decent enough in limited minutes.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
1+1 vs Jokerit, 2+3 after 9 games overall.

Excellent.

Did you watch the game? I generally trust your reviews on Russian players. How has he been defensively?

We have high hopes for Samorukov to be a middle pairing tough shutdown guy who can contribute offensively here and there.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Excellent.

Did you watch the game? I generally trust your reviews on Russian players. How has he been defensively?

We have high hopes for Samorukov to be a middle pairing tough shutdown guy who can contribute offensively here and there.

Alas, I didn't, but considering, his goal was an empty netter, he's ok, because coaches usually use their most trusted defenders in situations like this.

He's +8 as well...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Alas, I didn't, but considering, his goal was an empty netter, he's ok, because coaches usually use their most trusted defenders in situations like this.

He's +8 as well...

So he has 2 goals, 3 assists, and is +8 in 9 regular season khl games?

Sounds very impressive if so.

Edit: Anyone know how many minutes a night he gets?

Last edited:

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
This guy will be a beast if his skating can improve. Really the only thing holding him back from being a 20 minute a night dman. Good first pass, good shot, good defensive IQ, good gap control. Skating is average. SOmeone on here probably made this video but I like it because it shows a lot of what I like about this prospect.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

He's +8 as well...

Thanks. Is his team a really strong one? That is a very impressive +/- rating after only 9 games. Also he is half way to his point total in Bakersfield last season in 38 less games in a better league. Very promising early results for Samo.

Reactions: Aerchon

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Thanks. Is his team a really strong one? That is a very impressive +/- rating after only 9 games. Also he is half way to his point total in Bakersfield last season in 38 less games in a better league. Very promising early results for Samo.

Well, his team used to be the best, but they have hard salary cap starting from this season, so teams have become much closer, Jokerit is one of the top KHL ones. Beating them on their ice is quite a feat.

His TOI is 17:22 averagely

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad