2017 Draft - 1st Pick: Kailer Yamamoto - Signs ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Chiarelli just said on 630 ched when they interviewed Kailer

"You gotta draft me, or I'm gonna come back and haunt you." - Kailer Yamamoto.

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
Very excited. I guess I have now become the newest fan of the Spokane Chiefs....

Glad they didn't out think this one. I would have been just as happy with Tolvanen!

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Doesn't bother me. They're not playing basketball out there anyway, if he can skate the way he does then he can play.

i don't know much about the player to be honest, didn't pay attention to the prospects this year. All I know is you need good hands and skating to make up for the lack of size. I played hockey for 16 years and I was always one of the smallest guys on the ice, it's tough.

We probably wouldnt have been in a position to select him if he was bigger though, he's put up some great numbers

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
i don't know much about the player to be honest, didn't pay attention to the prospects this year. All I know is you need good hands and skating to make up for the lack of size. I played hockey for 16 years and I was always one of the smallest guys on the ice, it's tough.

We probably wouldnt have been in a position to select him if he was bigger though, he's put up some great numbers

He would've been taken top 5 if he was 5'11.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Like the pick.

For those comparing him to Eberle. Think he's a much more dynamic skater, his offensive potential is higher and he seems more competitive. Eberle had a lot of skill and great hands but I think his compete level and ability to improve is what was so frustrating as a fan.

Looking forward to watching Yamamoto.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Not a fan of this pick. Not really against it either. This pick is very much like the Benson pick. High risk high reward. I would prefer safe picks that have a combination of speed size and skill. If we had better development I think that would be the best way to go as well.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Congratulations for possibly the dumbest comment I've read on this site all week and I've read a lot of dumb ****.
Johnny hockey was smaller both in height and weight his year at the combine. As much as I dislike him I would assume he holds a ton of value.
You on the other hand hold not much.

Sensitive much? Lmao

Sorry please tell me what type of skil player is less valuable when you make a trade than a small winger?

Yeah let's compare him to the only midget in the league who's worth somthing. How did shroeder, Shinkaruk, Grimaldi etc etc end up. How much is Tyler Ennius worth? Oilers just received a bust for Eberle.

All im saying is even if he succeeds, he won't have the value that drafting a top 4D would. That's a fact, deal with it.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
So hes gonna tear up the WHL the next 2 years I would imagine.

I think he'll be there one more year then he'll be in the AHL, being that he's a 98'

Is Spokane any good?

They were awful this year, Kailer and JAD the exceptions. This year they should be a lot better.

What do you guys think his chances are playing in the WJHC next season, along with Benson?

Kailer is a lock. Benson will need a good, injury free start to make the Canada.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Sensitive much? Lmao

Sorry please tell me what type of skil player is less valuable when you make a trade than a small winger?

Yeah let's compare him to the only midget in the league who's worth somthing. How did shroeder, Shinkaruk, Grimaldi etc etc end up. How much is Tyler Ennius worth? Oilers just received a bust for Eberle.

All im saying is even if he succeeds, he won't have the value that drafting a top 4D would. That's a fact, deal with it.

If he succeeds, why are you trading him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad