Prospect Info: 2017 CFHF Prospect Rankings: #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I like Foo here, complete package from what I saw in the development camp. Competes really hard. As far as Dube vs Mangiapane, I would take Dube. Doubt Mangiapane ever plays more than a handful of NHL games.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Honestly Fox ahead of Dube s laughable. People are too hung up on his points. Dube as as high of an upside with half the question marks

To think Dube has as high of a ceiling as Fox is laughable.

See what I did there?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To think Dube has as high of a ceiling as Fox is laughable.

See what I did there?

Why is it laughable Dube was also excellent offensively. The big difference between the two is Dube can impact the game defensively and physically. People completely ignore the huge holes in Fox's game, just like many still do for Kylington

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Why is it laughable Dube was also excellent offensively. The big difference between the two is Dube can impact the game defensively and physically. People completely ignore the huge holes in Fox's game, just like many still do for Kylington

Fox's absolute ceiling is a more offensively gifted Spurgeon. I don't see Dube having an equivalent ceiling. I would definitely agree that Dube is more likely to be a middle 6 winger at some point then for Fox to be a Top 4 D but I do think it's more likely that Fox becomes a 40-50 pt top 4 then Dube becoming a top line 60-70 point winger.

Where you rate potential vs likelyhood of reaching their respective ceilings is entirely up to the individual and really doesn't warrant mocking of ones opinions.

(For the record I voted for Fox for the last poll and Dube on this one. They're very close imo)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The fact that anyone is projecting these 7-10+ rank prospects clearly ahead of each other is the real laughable thing.

We are wayyyy past the point of the guys on the board not having flaws; it's what makes them depth prospects versus blue chip players. Saying someone like Dube is clearly ahead of someone like Fox is really saying My Opinion >>>>> Your Opinion (which I won't look past the posted saying it, actually saying it).

FWIW; I think Fox has the higher upside between the two. What he just did in college as a rookie is ridiculously special. And we've already heard how GM's are trying to Gaudreau the guy in every deal; must mean there is something there. Not taking anything away from Dube, because I think he has a nice little skill package that could translate well into the NHL... but if we question Fox's defence, we have to question Dube's upside. He's more or less shown that he can score some points as a D+1 player; we've also seen 100's of kids do that and never amount to much in the NHL. You can't give with one hand and take with the other when you're ranking these kids at this stage TBH.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fox's absolute ceiling is a more offensively gifted Spurgeon. I don't see Dube having an equivalent ceiling. I would definitely agree that Dube is more likely to be a middle 6 winger at some point then for Fox to be a Top 4 D but I do think it's more likely that Fox becomes a 40-50 pt top 4 then Dube becoming a top line 60-70 point winger.

Where you rate potential vs likelyhood of reaching their respective ceilings is entirely up to the individual and really doesn't warrant mocking of ones opinions.

(For the record I voted for Fox for the last poll and Dube on this one. They're very close imo)
Fox's absolute ceiling is Marc-Andre Bergeron, his defensive holes and size issues are massive. Dube's ceiling is basically Backlund with more jam but on the wing. I'd take Backlund over Bergeron 10/10 times. If you don't want your opinion "mocked", then don't share one. I said an opinion was bad and I stated why I thought so. As long as I keep what I say to the opinions, I am doing nothing wrong.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Fox's absolute ceiling is Marc-Andre Bergeron, his defensive holes and size issues are massive. Dube's ceiling is basically Backlund with more jam but on the wing. I'd take Backlund over Bergeron 10/10 times. If you don't want your opinion "mocked", then don't share one. I said an opinion was bad and I stated why I thought so. As long as I keep what I say to the opinions, I am doing nothing wrong.

That's ridiculous. He's a good defender. He's smart. He just needs to get faster and stronger which he will. He had the best freshmen season since Brian Leetch...

The guys potential is Brian Rafalski+. I mean he outscored Werenski... he's got much better production than Ghost-bear had in his Juniour year in the same league...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad