FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
1. Mark Jankowski (50.00%)
2. Tyler Parsons (57.50%)
3. Rasmus Andersson (47.73%)
4. Juuso Valimaki (68.75%)
5. Oliver Kylington (34.38%:tiebreaker:52.38%)
6. Jon Gillies (60.61%)
7. Adam Fox (53.49%)

Run-off rules (copied from Angelsmith's thread last year):
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Didn't realize Kulak was still on the board. Him, Dube and Mangi are the next three guys for me.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Went with Mangiapane, I feel he's passed Klimchuk. Dube could go either way once he hits pro. Then Dube, Kulak, Klimchuk and Foo

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I really don't see anyway Dube can fall much further than this. People are sleeping on him.

How so? He's a good prospect but I prefer Mangiapane by a tiny bit because I think he's got the top six skillset. Plus, Kulak is on the board too who has already impressed in the NHL and is a 9/10 skater. To me those three are all pretty close. Although I think our 5-10 prospects are close.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
How so? He's a good prospect but I prefer Mangiapane by a tiny bit because I think he's got the top six skillset. Plus, Kulak is on the board too who has already impressed in the NHL and is a 9/10 skater. To me those three are all pretty close.

Because I think he's better than those guys.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Umm yes that is your thesis. I got that. But what about your argument. Right now you are providing he's better because I say so... not exactly the strongest of statements

Production wise, it probably leans towards Mangiapane. However, the game is about more than production. The package is there for Dube to be an extremely effective NHL'er, more so than Mangiapane IMO.

He's got the brain, the skating, the competitiveness and more than enough offensive upside to be a guy I'd bet on to be a productive middle 6 guy that plays a shutdown role at the least. I think they're relatively close too, but I give Dube a definite advantage.

In all the times I've watched them, either at development camp or league play, Dube has had a greater impact on the game. Mind you one plays in the AHL and one in the WHL, which I've accounted for.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I really don't see anyway Dube can fall much further than this. People are sleeping on him.

He hasn't done anything to really pull him away from everyone else. You could be right. You could also end up being one of the guys who does something like vote Corban Knight at #6.

I've said it before, but spots 2 through 10 could all be interchanged and not be unreasonable, and chances are in 2 years, some of the guys voted already might slip down to 20-25th when we do these polls again.

If you think Dube is due, vote for him. Not voting for him doesn't make others wrong though.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
He hasn't done anything to really pull him away from everyone else. You could be right. You could also end up being one of the guys who does something like vote Corban Knight at #6.

I've said it before, but spots 2 through 10 could all be interchanged and not be unreasonable, and chances are in 2 years, some of the guys voted already might slip down to 20-25th when we do these polls again.

If you think Dube is due, vote for him. Not voting for him doesn't make others wrong though.

Sleeping on him doesn't make anyone wrong, which I said. What is wrong, is twisting things people say to make it look like I've said something critical of others, which I didn't.

That was all my opinion, I don't see how he can fall much further, and him being at 8 when I have him higher indicates to me he is flying under the radar a bit, as I do believe that he has separated himself to a degree.

I never said people are wrong or stupid or anything for not voting Dube, which is what you assume.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Sleeping on him doesn't make anyone wrong, which I said. What is wrong, is twisting things people say to make it look like I've said something critical of others, which I didn't.

That was all my opinion, I don't see how he can fall much further, and him being at 8 when I have him higher indicates to me he is flying under the radar a bit, as I do believe that he has separated himself to a degree.

I never said people are wrong or stupid or anything for not voting Dube, which is what you assume.

I misunderstood what you meant. My bad.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
FWIW I believe Dube has a higher offensive ceiling than Mangiapane, Eatbread's just a little older and thus more developed. I bet next year Dube scores at a better clip than Mangiapane did in his last year for Barrie.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
He's the player in our group of prospects I have the hardest time ranking. Mostly because he is new.

I've spent zero time watching his games and know only what I've seen via YouTube and heard about development camp. Legitimately no idea where he should rank outside of an educated guess.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

Fair enough. Whenever I do rankings I always feel bad about the guys in the 6-10 range. I think that's just a comment on how far this pool has come from the Sutter days.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Fair enough. Whenever I do rankings I always feel bad about the guys in the 6-10 range. I think that's just a comment on how far this pool has come from the Sutter days.

To be fair, I don't think most of these guys in that range, project any higher than say a Reinhart or a Boyd did, at the time. It's hard to pull diamonds late in the 3rd round, when you're a top team, burning high picks in search of the missing piece. I think this year and next year are much more comparable to the Sutter era. His biggest fail was the inability to pick any kind of NHL talent, when we did actually have a 1st.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015

It is tough and has certainly come a long way. Having a guy like Dube at 8 or wherever is probably a good thing I suppose.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
On the topic of Sutter, for all of his shortcomings as GM of the Flames it's interesting how he still has his fingerprints on this team

Brodie, Gio, Backlund, Ferland, Stajan. That's a quarter of the lineup.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
On the topic of Sutter, for all of his shortcomings as GM of the Flames it's interesting how he still has his fingerprints on this team

Brodie, Gio, Backlund, Ferland, Stajan. That's a quarter of the lineup.

Were Reinhart and Ferland actually Sutter's?

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Honestly Fox ahead of Dube s laughable. People are too hung up on his points. Dube as as high of an upside with half the question marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->