Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
1. Mark Jankowski (50.00%)
2. Tyler Parsons (57.50%)
3. Rasmus Andersson (47.73%)
4. Juuso Valimaki (68.75%)

Run-off rules (copied from Angelsmith's thread last year):
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

Last edited:

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Dube. Played at roughly a 99 point pace after missing time with injury. The upside is there, contrary to popular belief, plus he's a fairly safe bet to be an NHL'er of some sort with the tools he has. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a Frolik type guy when all is said and done.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Dube so underrated by this board. Flames fans are brazy

I just don't see a huge seperation between him and guys like Fox, Kylington, Kulak, Mangiapane and Gillies. To me our 5-10 prospects are pretty interchangeable.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Dube so underrated by this board. Flames fans are brazy

I'm one of the bigger Dube homers on this board, and I don't see a lot that separates him enough from Kylington/Gilles/etc for me to get too mad.

Our pool is just that much deeper than it normally is, even if it's not blue chip players. The difference between 5th and 10th is pretty slim in our pool at the moment.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I just don't see a huge seperation between him and guys like Fox, Kylington, Kulak, Mangiapane and Gillies. To me our 5-10 prospects are pretty interchangeable.

I think you're right for the most part. I see our top ~10 prospects split into two tiers where all the players in each are more or less interchangeable. Difference is I definitely put Dube in that top tier, I think he's safely above Kylington, Kulak, etc.

I more or less see Dube as a lock to be at least a middle six guy a la Frolik down the road, I have never seen him play and not walked away impressed and excited about his future at the NHL level.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Based off my criteria (a solid mix of upside and likelihood of playing), I would say there is a big enough gap between my top 5 and number 6. It's not extreme by any means, but still enough for me to have a clear top 5. Jankowski, Parsons, Valimaki, Andersson and Dube all have good upside, and are safe bets to at least play in the NHL, and likely be very good players. I will concede that Parsons is still hard to predict only because he's a goalie, but I like him enough to have him in that group.

Where it gets murky for me, is that 6 down. All these guys - Kylington, Gillies, Fox and company - all fall short in one of my criteria, either upside (guys like Kulak or Klimchuk) or safety (Kylington, Fox). These are guys who will likely be good but not great players, or book or bust guys.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I think you're right for the most part. I see our top ~10 prospects split into two tiers where all the players in each are more or less interchangeable. Difference is I definitely put Dube in that top tier, I think he's safely above Kylington, Kulak, etc.

I more or less see Dube as a lock to be at least a middle six guy a la Frolik down the road, I have never seen him play and not walked away impressed and excited about his future at the NHL level.

I agree that we have tiers in our pool for sure. I just need to see how Dube does at a pro level before I still him in the same tier as our other guys personally. He's my favorite of the tier 2 group.

Going by tiers (and in no order than what I rattle them off in my head) I have something like:

Tier 1
Parsons
Jankowski
Valimaki
Anderssen
Gilles

Tier 2
Kylington
Dube
Mangiapane
Fox
Foo
Shinkurak

Tier 3
Klimchuk
Poirier
Kulak
Lomberg
Wotherspoon

Etc.

Not sure where to stick some of the new guys in yet to be honest. Probably missed a few too. Tiers is basically a combination of what impact I expect them to make at the NHL level and how likely they are to make it.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I personally have:

Tier 1: Likely NHL'ers who could contribute at a high level.
Andersson
Jankowski
Parsons
Valimaki

Tier 2: Possible NHL'ers that have really high potentials if they put it together, although less likely than 1.
Kylington
Gillies
Fox
Dube
Mangi

Tier 3: Guys that could be NHL'ers, already near NHL ready; but don't strike me more than depth wingers.
Poirier
Klimchuk
Foo
Shinkaruk

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
My top two tiers roughly go

Andersson
Jankowski
Parsons
Dube
Fox
Gillies

then

Valimaki
Kylington
Klimchuk
Kulak
Pribyl
Rittich

and yes, I know there are some controversial picks in that second tier ;)

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Tier 1: Probable NHL'ers with a high upside (Top 6 F, Top 4 D, starter G).
Andersson
Jankowski
Parsons
Valimaki

Tier 2: Probable NHL'ers that have higher potential to bust.
Dube
Fox
Gillies
Kylington
Mangiapane
Prybil

Tier 3: Players that will probably be depth NHL'ers, but still have potential for more.
Foo
Hathaway
Healy
Klimchuk
Kulak
Lomberg
Poirier
Rittich
Shinkaruk
Wotherspoon

Tier 4: Probably top out as AHL regulars.
Carroll
Gazdic
Hrivik
McDonald
Pollock
Schneider
Smith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad