FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
1. Mark Jankowski (50.00%)
2. Tyler Parsons (57.50%)
3. Rasmus Andersson (47.73%)
4. Juuso Valimaki (68.75%)
5. Oliver Kylington (34.38%:tiebreaker:52.38%)
6. Jon Gillies (60.61%)
7. Adam Fox (53.49%)
8. Dillon Dube (47.37%)
9. Andrew Mangiapane (35.00%:tiebreaker:44.74%)
10. Spencer Foo (34.29%:tiebreaker:43.24%)
11. Brett Kulak (55.17%)
12. Morgan Klimchuk (53.57%)

Run-off rules (copied from Angelsmith's thread last year):
• If first and second place are separated by a number of votes less than or equal to the number of votes for third place, a run-off vote will take place.
• If first and third are separated by a number of votes less than the number of all other votes, a three-way run-off vote will take place.
• Rules are subject to change due to common sense at all times.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Going to go Poirier this time. I think him getting on the straight and narrow will result in a rebound year for him in the AHL and maybe even some NHL appearances. Shinkaruk and Rittich I also considered here.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Went with AOM, I feel he has a better chance to make the NHL, at least in some capacity, than Shinkaruk or Wotherspoon.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Wotherspoon and Rittich have the greatest chance of making the NHL. After that you may as well flip a coin to determine who's better, for the majority of the players left

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Oh lol I was Rittich was long gone, he should be gone by now

Accidentally voted Shinkaruk

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Going off the board with Pribyl. I think he'll make a good middle six C someday soon, just not for Calgary.

Maybe he ends up as Stajan's replacement on the fourth line though after Stajan retires or moves on? I don't think he's ready yet but could be soon.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like Emile here.
Considering this kid was looking like an absolute beast in his D+1, D+2... It's nice to see him back on the wagon, living clean and playing with a new energy.

I'd wager him playing in the NHL this year at some time.

ThatHighGuy

Jul 11, 2014
Canaduh
Went with Shink here with Wotherspoon close behind. Curious, what are your guys's thoughts on Wotherspoon? Do you think he'll get a fair chance with us? If I recall correctly, the games he played when he was called up weren't bad at all.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Right now I think Rittich has the best chance to be a big contributer out of the remaining players, Poirier would be next for me - I think with a prove it season he climbs back into a top 10 spot.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Went with Shink here with Wotherspoon close behind. Curious, what are your guys's thoughts on Wotherspoon? Do you think he'll get a fair chance with us? If I recall correctly, the games he played when he was called up weren't bad at all.
I think he has gotten a fair chance. I like Wotherspoon more than most, but it isn't opportunity that has stopped him from moving up. What has held him because is the mental side of the game, he gets caught thinking too much, or rather overthinking. He ends up starting to pinch whether it be for an offensive opportunity or a hit and then changes his mind, it's like he is fighting his instincts. If he can get a reign on that, I think he will have a bright career in the NHL.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016

I don't think he does anything particularly well. He shows at roughly the level of your average rookie in his NHL games, but little more, nothing that'd put him above our other bottom pair guys. He also still doesn't look too good for the AHL and isn't forcing himself onto the roster like Kulak. At left D alone he's below Kulak and Bart, likely behind Kylington, and will soon be behind Valimaki after Valimaki plays pro hockey.

I think if he ever makes the NHL it'll be on a team with terrible defensive depth and he'll be over 25, i.e. not with the Flames.

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

He looked his best with Nakladal as his partner. Looked miserable with Engelland, and overwhelmingly meh with Smid. Maybe he is just the kind of guy who plays his best with an offensive partner like Paul Martin is to Burns.

IMO he should be our #7 guy next year and sub in beside Kulak or Stone once in a while and if he doesn't take full advantage it's on him as guys like Healy / Kylington /Andersson are champing at the bit.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I don't think he does anything particularly well. He shows at roughly the level of your average rookie in his NHL games, but little more, nothing that'd put him above our other bottom pair guys. He also still doesn't look too good for the AHLand isn't forcing himself onto the roster like Kulak. At left D alone he's below Kulak and Bart, likely behind Kylington, and will soon be behind Valimaki after Valimaki plays pro hockey.

I think if he ever makes the NHL it'll be on a team with terrible defensive depth and he'll be over 25, i.e. not with the Flames.

Curious as to how many times you actually watched him in Stockton this year? The guy was 2nd in the entire AHL in +/-. I know some certain people will flip out at the mention of +/-, but that doesn't happen as a fluke.

As for not doing anything particularly well, I don't disagree, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Bartkowski is a great skater, and plays the physical game well, yet the entire package is still not even NHL caliber. I take Wotherspoon as our #7 all day ahead of Bartkowski.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I almost took Wotherspoon here, but have Poirier still ahead (hoping he's figured out his personal stuff)

As MM said, if he can get out of his own head and let things come natural to him, he'll have a decent NHL career as a bottom three defenseman.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Curious as to how many times you actually watched him in Stockton this year? The guy was 2nd in the entire AHL in +/-. I know some certain people will flip out at the mention of +/-, but that doesn't happen as a fluke.

As for not doing anything particularly well, I don't disagree, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Bartkowski is a great skater, and plays the physical game well, yet the entire package is still not even NHL caliber. I take Wotherspoon as our #7 all day ahead of Bartkowski.

Unfortunately I don't have AHL Live, so I have to listen to games, but I do so pretty regularly. Gone are the days when Abbotsford was a quick drive away :( Listening to the games obviously doesn't paint the best picture, but if he were too good for the AHL in the same way that Jankowski was last year, it'd be pretty apparent.

I really disagree about Bartkowski though. He's a lot more experienced and polished at this point in time since other organisations have done the legwork for us. I think Wotherspoon and Bartkowski roughly end up at the same level, so I don't know why we'd waste three or four years developing TSpoon when we already have a guy who will give us basically what TSpoon would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad