WJC: 2017 Canada Roster Talk - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Can't really make excuses or blame anyone for this loss. They played well the whole game and tournament and lost in a shootout in an even game.

Good game, look forward to next year. I hope Bean and Clague improve significantly from the tournament this year, I am confident they will I felt the same with Chabot last year.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I can't believe how useless the "skilled" forwards were.... I don't see Barzal or Strome amounting to anything in the NHL.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Very good tournament by Canada. Obviously not everyone was outstanding, but even the "weak links" played well enough to win.

And I agree: they are kids. I have zero problem judging their performances using the eye test, but cussing them out as losers is immature and pathetic.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The team should be pretty solid next year at least. A lot of returning players that most likely won't make their NHL teams plus Hart will probably be even better next year. Can't really fault the boys for tonight. **** luck.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The players that stepped up that game were the bottom 6 players. None of the big names did anything outside of Chabot, also having Myers that game would've been huge wasn't thrilled with the way Clague played.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Kudos to you, CAN. One of the main reasons winning was so fun today is because of how good you guys are and how passionate you are for the sport. Thank you and congrats.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Our 3rd and 4th lines were better than the top 6. Obviously it's great to have such depth but at even strength our marquee forwards weren't impactful enough.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Leading the team in points is "useless"? LOL

Strome and Barzal were very bad for Canada throughout this tournament. They were brutal for the most part. There's no denying that.

But it's just a short tournament. Dumb to judge players based off such a small sample size.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Strome is such a loser, I cry if Im a Yotes fan.. Im still wondering why Bean was on this team, was aweful all tournament long, brutal 5 on 5, useless on the PP, Im pretty sure Girard or Mete would have done better.

Anyway TC played well enough to win, you have to give them alot of credit, contrat to USA, great team, see you back next year.

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
I dont think Strome had a great tournament but it would be foolish to base his future on a handful of games in December/January, despite how big the stage.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Sure Canada blew a couple of two goal leads, and Strome, Barzal, Raddysh and Jost came up short in these last couple of games. The shooters in the shootout had some awful attempts, the PP went dry, and the depth on defense was bad. But this team played so hard, they finished 80 minutes of hockey tied and Canada showed how evenly matched they were with the Americans. Yet USA is celebrating right now. It's an unfortunate way for such a great game to end. Props to both teams, and what a drastic improvement in the coaching for Team Canada this year compared to last.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
He was nowhere to be seen when it mattered.

Yup, putting up a bunch of points against Slovakia or Latvia doesn't matter if you can't do anything against the best teams.

:58-1:30 THAT'S how you carry a team like Marner did there tying the game TWICE vs Finland in the quarters last year but its just too bad that Blackwood and McDonald were sieves. Strome was no where to be found in this game too.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Strome and Barzal were very bad for Canada throughout this tournament. They were brutal for the most part. There's no denying that.

But it's just a short tournament. Dumb to judge players based off such a small sample size.

Well everytime I saw Strome play, I was disapointed, always thought he had no guts at all. Leafs have a much better player with Marner in their hands and its not even close.. All WJC long Strome was not even looking at his coaches when it was time to discuss strategy, another sign that this kid seems to think he will succeed with talent alone.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I dont think Strome had a great tournament but it would be foolish to base his future on a handful of games in December/January, despite how big the stage.

that tournament is made for 19 yrs old kids, a kid like Galchenyuk would have killed that competition at 19 while Strome has no reason to defend himself right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->