Steel Patrick Senyshen

Chabot Juulson
Lauzon Myers
Bean Fabbro
Mete

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
After watching his NHL debut today, if Canada has 10 defenseman who are better than Brendan Guhle is right now, that'll be an amazing defense corps.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
^ same. he was one of the best players on the ice and really should have gotten his first assist.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
After watching his NHL debut today, if Canada has 10 defenseman who are better than Brendan Guhle is right now, that'll be an amazing defense corps.

There seems to be a big gap between how Buffalo views Guhle and how Hockey Canada views Guhle. Buffalo gave him a longer look each of the last too years than Hockey Canada did.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
There seems to be a big gap between how Buffalo views Guhle and how Hockey Canada views Guhle. Buffalo gave him a longer look each of the last too years than Hockey Canada did.

He is definitely the type of player who looks like he's going to better in the Pros than in Junior. Not that he's been that bad in Junior.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

I guess. But I don't know what Hockey Canada would dislike about a smooth, fast-skating, calm LHD who gets the puck up ice. The guy just played as a #4 defensemen against the Boston Bruins and looked fantastic. I understand he doesn't have the draft pedigree or offensive numbers of some of the players invited, but Canada would dominate the puck with him on the ice.

SNMU

Oct 31, 2016
Jost - Strome - Gauthier
Dubois - Barzal - Stephens
Steel - Roy - Joseph
Cirelli - McCleod - Senyshyn
Raddysh

Chabot - Juulsen
Bean - Myers
Lauzon - Girard
Mete

Hart
Mcniven

Last edited:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Cirelli-Stephens-Speers would be a perfect checking line. I really like Cirelli-Stephens as a pair, both OHL forwards good all-around and really know how to play the defensive zone, plus they are Cs.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Havnt followed the canadian junior leagues very closely the last two years, how does this squad stand against previous years?

Strengths?
Weaknes?

Most profilic player?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wow, no one has Brett Howden on the roster. He will be the perfect fourth liner, can play offense and defense.

Yeah. I'd have him on my team for sure. Good size, versatile, decent hands and ability to contribute offensively as well. I think he probably suffers a bit here from his brother being a pretty disappointing Pro. :dunno:

Howden-Roy-Stephens, would be a pretty terrific "checking line" that can still chip in a bit offensively.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah. I'd have him on my team for sure. Good size, versatile, decent hands and ability to contribute offensively as well. I think he probably suffers a bit here from his brother being a pretty disappointing Pro. :dunno:

Howden-Roy-Stephens, would be a pretty terrific "checking line" that can still chip in a bit offensively.

I think it could be that he was injured this year. He is having a great season and has looked real good since his injury. He can kill penalties, take big draws and move up the lineup if need be. I think that 4th line centre could be his spot.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

IMO he will be there

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Havnt followed the canadian junior leagues very closely the last two years, how does this squad stand against previous years?

Strengths?
Weaknes?

Most profilic player?

Just looking at the last three years, I would say from a talent perspective that this team is ahead of 2014, behind 2015 and similar to 2016. How they will play on the ice remains to be seen. Strength is at centre and possibly goaltending. Forward depth is pretty good. Weakness is probably on the wings and possibly an inexperienced defence. Hard to predict Canada's top player before a tournament begins, but Strome will probably be given the best opportunity to star.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
Just looking at the last three years, I would say from a talent perspective that this team is ahead of 2014, behind 2015 and similar to 2016. How they will play on the ice remains to be seen. Strength is at centre and possibly goaltending. Forward depth is pretty good. Weakness is probably on the wings and possibly an inexperienced defence. Hard to predict Canada's top player before a tournament begins, but Strome will probably be given the best opportunity to star.

When does camp start...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->