OT: 2017 Blue Bombers Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I don't watch much cfl but tuned into this game. Is there no camera that shoots down the end zone line? It looked like the mtl guy might have fumbled before scoring but all the camera angles were bad.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This team is in big trouble. Shouldn't be this close to a team like Montreal. Only won because of a huge play by Randle/dumb pass by Durant. Should've given Harris the ball more too. But while I say that, they did find a way to win, and good teams find ways to win.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This team is in big trouble. Shouldn't be this close to a team like Montreal. Only won because of a huge play by Randle/dumb pass by Durant. Should've given Harris the ball more too. But while I say that, they did find a way to win, and good teams find ways to win.

Were you saying the Bombers were unbeatable when they beat Edmonton?

Montreal is a good team. They are the only team in the East to have beaten a west team (they've beaten both Calgary and Saskatchewan). They played a good game, while the Bombers did not have their strongest game. Yet they pulled it out. How you can think the team is in trouble based on that, it just doesn't make sense.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice greasy road win! Mtl was too focused on getting Lewis the ball, should've picked on Alexander more often. A real chance at a home playoff game, but next two games are always tough wins.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Big trouble. Your being factitious right?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You keep saying that it doesn't make much sense. Chris Randle is one of the CFL's elite CB's. So we don't need one there. Carmichael could stand be replaced at the other corner, but "tall" cornerbacks aren't a thing in the CFL. There's very few tall cornerbacks.

Also, this is brought up every year. Airlifting players in from NFL never helps that season unless the player is an ex-CFL player. Players are never successful while learning a new game right away, without a TC or time to learn the intricacies of the CFL. NFL cuts is a chance to add depth to your organization for future years, not for a chance to bulk up roster for a playoff push.

Chris Randle for the win :yo:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Holden you notice how many times they showed their DC in the second half, can't stand it, he loves the camera, they showed our co ordinaries zilch. And I like it when we beat the als!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Holden you notice how many times they showed their DC in the second half, can't stand it, he loves the camera, they showed our co ordinaries zilch. And I like it when we beat the als!

I saw it, meh don't care. Our co-ordinators are in box is why I would think. I don't really focus on that or what commentators say, just try to watch the game.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Kinda. Defense is extremely shaky. Other than that things are fine. More than fine actually.

Ok so you meant big trouble with a little "B" not a big "B". Definitely not their best game but far from a disaster either. Definitely need to clean things up for the next game though.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Big trouble. Your being factitious right?

That defense is very Jekyll and Hyde.One play they cr*p the bed and the next they come out smelling like roses. This game reminded me of last season. Defense can't stop anything..relying on offensive mistakes. So far so good though. :)

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Were you saying the Bombers were unbeatable when they beat Edmonton?

Montreal is a good team. They are the only team in the East to have beaten a west team (they've beaten both Calgary and Saskatchewan). They played a good game, while the Bombers did not have their strongest game. Yet they pulled it out. How you can think the team is in trouble based on that, it just doesn't make sense.

Not sure I checked in after last game to be honest. Was unaware Montreal beat Calgary, good for them. The offense was beasting against Edmonton, but they got beat deep a few times on D, but Reilly is a good QB and that's understandable.

Is the team in big trouble? Maybe, in the playoffs against a good team. But for now they are getting it done and I'm not complaining. Just a little concerned about the D letting teams march up and down the field at will.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
That defense is very Jekyll and Hyde.One play they cr*p the bed and the next they come out smelling like roses. This game reminded me of last season. Defense can't stop anything..relying on offensive mistakes. So far so good though. :)

Not disagreeing. But a team like Hamilton is in "Big" trouble. A bit worrisome is how I would state it for the bombers.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I don't watch much cfl but tuned into this game. Is there no camera that shoots down the end zone line? It looked like the mtl guy might have fumbled before scoring but all the camera angles were bad.

I thought so too. From one of the endzone cameras it looked like the ball was squirting loose the instant he was touched, or maybe even a hair before that. I think a reverse-angle goal line camera would have shown that. CFL needs that second angle.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Not disagreeing. But a team like Hamilton is in "Big" trouble. A bit worrisome is how I would state it for the bombers.

Agreed...I guess my standards are higher for this team..hoping that we finally might have something..it wasn't too long ago that our team was lousy everywhere and at just about everything. I am thrilled that is no longer the case:handclap:

Remember when third and one was a very risky gamble with the Bombers. Now, I don't worry.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I agree. You and I have different definitions of the word Big :laugh:

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Not sure I checked in after last game to be honest. Was unaware Montreal beat Calgary, good for them. The offense was beasting against Edmonton, but they got beat deep a few times on D, but Reilly is a good QB and that's understandable.

Is the team in big trouble? Maybe, in the playoffs against a good team. But for now they are getting it done and I'm not complaining. Just a little concerned about the D letting teams march up and down the field at will.

Anything can happen in playoffs. Calgary were easily the best team last year and still lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad