OT: 2017 Blue Bombers Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Big game today.

Sounds like standout rookie DT Corey "Poop" Johnson has been scratched for returning DE Tristan Okpaluago coming off 6 game IR. National DT Jake Thomas is starting and #1 overall pick Faith Ekakatie is rumoured to have an expanded role. Montreal is a good running team so we'll see how they handle it. Having those extra nationals on the DL should give Bombers more flexibility in secondary and at linebacker. The wide side of the field features two guys making their first starts of 2017 in Brandon Alexander and Kevin Fogg, but I think that's still a big improvement over Carmichael-Walker combo.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ed Tait says Thomas is starting on dline. But no extra import starting from what I see.

Yup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones rotated out often if Loffler can't play. Santos-Knox and Carmichael can freely rotate in for Jones (obviously positions would rotate around) with the extra national starting in.

Might also give Bombers more flexibility offensively to keep Flanders and Harris in with Thorpe, Adams, Denmark, and Lankford. Albeit I have pretty happy with both Feoli-Gudino and Coates at wide side WR though.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Montreal is tough at home. We need to prevent big plays.

Agreed, Montreal does not have much in the way of offense. Can't let them get easy points with big plays and they won't have anything. They key will be finding a way to score offensively for the Bombers.

Harris 21 yards in first play, there we go.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Close call there with Thorpe. Looked like a fumble when I first saw it, not sure if he had full control though.

Great job of holding on by JFG. :yo:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
What a play by Lankford to save that TD. That guy has serious wheels.

Montreal's offense is a tire fire right now.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Nichols is seeing the field well, his release this year is super quick

I agree with you here. This is probably the area he has improved most since his Edmonton days. More and more he feels like a Kevin Glenn in his prime here in Winnipeg. Quick release and reading defenses real well with quick passing game. With seems to have even less screw ups than Glenn. Has really come a long way from his first couple years in EDM where all he could do was scramble.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Last 10 quarters the Bombers D has been top notch. Offense needs their receivers to start making some plays (looking at you Thorpe, Lankford in particular).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Montreal is playing tough, nice bounce back game for them. Bombers are going to need to pick it up.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Offense really struggled in that 2nd quarter. Defense played that entire 2nd quarter. Sam Hurl is having by far his worst game of the year as is Heath. Defense is still playing well despite the one drive.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
the bombers' O goes from being unstoppable to...being stoppable, i guess.

kind of interesting to see if adjustments were made by the Als. guessing the Bombers can't run it like they did last week, but after starting the game with some smart running plays, you hope the Bombers change things up. use Harris out of the pass. screens to him.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Please win, I can't stand watching Thorpe. Why does TSN have to show some team's assistant coaches all the time, certain ones always, like Thorpe. You think they'll show Hall once this game eating Nachos lol

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Please win, I can't stand watching Thorpe. Why does TSN have to show some team's assistant coaches all the time, certain ones always, like Thorpe. You think they'll show Hall once this game eating Nachos lol

Bombers don't have an assistant coach named Thorpe that I can see listed on staff page. TJ Thorpe is a receiver with the team. Not sure what you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad