NFL: Young QB tracker/discussion/etc

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He also probably gives them the best chance to win.

Speaking of which, Baker Mayfield will be playing soon. Wouldn't shock me if he's starting by week 3 if Tyrod is awful for another week.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He also probably gives them the best chance to win.

Speaking of which, Baker Mayfield will be playing soon. Wouldn't shock me if he's starting by week 3 if Tyrod is awful for another week.

On a related note... Hue deciding to play a UDFA at LT went as expected.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know

Hue might pull some BS about playing Tyrod while the Browns still are alive for playoffs , etc

I think Mayfield gives them a better chance to win games. Maybe not early this year, but get him in there and he'll be better than Tyrod by midseason.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Not that I'm some kind of apologist, but I don't think Tyrod is that bad and certainly don't anticipate that Mayfield will be some kind of magic ointment to overcome any protection issues.
Still a rook getting his feel for the next level.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Dm86JiFU4AA5jz0.jpg

Reactions: HisIceness

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Watson blew it at end but overall had a productive game and looked better this week

Allen looked like a rookie but showed some promise but Bills are such a mess it will be hard for him to have much success

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
- Baker Mayfield with a great first NFL game coming in relief of Taylor on TNF. 17-23 for 201 yds as he leads Browns to first win since 2016
- Josh Allen with coming out party today in Bills upset domination of Vikes , 15-22 for 196 yds and 1 TD while rushing for 39 with 2 TD's
- Mahomes continues on treck to stardom with 24/38 for 314 yds and 3 TD's today vs 49ers
- Watson with 24/40 for 385 yds and 2 TD's / 1 INT vs Giants
- Sam Darnold struggled bigtime vs Browns on TNF with 15/31 for 169 yds and 2 INT

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Mitchell Trubisky is starting to lose support among fans/media

The name Shane Matthews is increasingly being brought up to describe Mitchell

Sadly Mitchell hasn't even shown to be able to play at a 1999 Shane Matthews level

Did Bears trade up and select 2nd overall a poor man's Shane Matthews?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Naturally Mitch will get a lot of attention given the trade up and spot he was selected

His absolute failure to show he can be NFL QB after 15 NFL starts is very concerning at this point as is his dismal production

And like my thread from years ago it is to watch how these two deep QB classes progress

Not sure how 2019 QB class is shaping up but it will also likely become a focus of this thread as well at start of next season

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
You don't care about the other quarterbacks. You just care about crying because Trubisky isn't developing fast enough to satisfy you. It takes time to learn a new offense let alone be comfortable. Especially going from whatever they ran last year to something as complex as what Nagy runs.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Developing fast enough? Showing something resembling development would be required first

Mitchell Trubisky has been an absolute joke. Its odd you will label other players busts quickly but are somehow rushing to defend this joke

Excuses are gone

He has solid OL , A legit #1 WR , Great RB duo and supposedly great coaches. Looking like Rick Mirer is on Mitch no one else

And the Nagy offense being run is far from complex. And missing every damn wide open WR while facing no pressure is not a system issue its a Mitch issue

For someone proclaimed as a franchise QB by our GM he has shown not a single indicator he is an NFL starting QB after 15 starts

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm not defending anything. Just calling out your soft ass whining. Instead of waiting until the end of the year to declare Trubisky as a bust, you do it after 3 games. Lol at Nagy's system not being complex. Do you even study your own teams offense? Do you even study how many formations and personnel packages are used? Nah because you don't give a shit about the process and just care about results. Hence why you called Josh Allen hitting swing passes for yac and a blown coverage a "breakout game". Also explains your Blake Bortles fandom.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I haven't said he is bust

I have said he is busting which is indisputable and when our GM traded up for him and declared he was the franchise QB of draft and essentially said Mahomes/Watson were not good enough for this franchise he further made this selection franchise altering

No more excuses for Mitch. He has played enough that he should have shown something resembling NFL QB play at this point and his failures are 100% his own at this point

And those swing passes Allen can hit to open receivers Mitch would over throw or under throw and LOL a real NFL QB like Blake Bortles would be godsend over what Mitch has shown at this point

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I haven't said he is bust

I have said he is busting which is indisputable and when our GM traded up for him and declared he was the franchise QB of draft and essentially said Mahomes/Watson were not good enough for this franchise he further made this selection franchise altering

No more excuses for Mitch. He has played enough that he should have shown something resembling NFL QB play at this point and his failures are 100% his own at this point

And those swing passes Allen can hit to open receivers Mitch would over throw or under throw and LOL a real NFL QB like Blake Bortles would be godsend over what Mitch has shown at this point

Lol

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/149831519/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Your right

Last game he showed that there really is nothing there

I don't want him as our QB going forward and certainly don't see a QB who can start in NFL let alone a QB capable of winning SB

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would like to see more from Trubisky, but missing passes in a new scheme happens sometimes. Guys are running routes to slightly different spots or are a bit faster/slower and it makes things look like bad throw. You need to get used to your WRs running routes with you to develop the chemistry.

If these same issues are still happening deep into the year, you've got a problem.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Would like to see more from Trubisky, but missing passes in a new scheme happens sometimes. Guys are running routes to slightly different spots or are a bit faster/slower and it makes things look like bad throw. You need to get used to your WRs running routes with you to develop the chemistry.

If these same issues are still happening deep into the year, you've got a problem.

Nagy also has to give him more. It's pretty clear to anyone with eyes that Nagy is hand holding him. He's going to make mistakes. So why not open up the offense so he can learn from them? The Jets are doing the same with Darnold. You can't keep training wheels on your QB all year long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad