OT: 2017 American Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It was a boring game for 3.5 quarters. Don't confuse an all-time insane finish with being a good game.

Exactly. I'll bet millions of Americans didnt even know about it until they woke up this morning because they probably turned the TV off when Atlanta was up 25 points.

Atlanta had this game won, and lost because they decided that having a 32 point lead would be better than boringly running the football and killing the clock.

Come to think of it, that's two Patriot superbowl wins gifted to them by moronic coaching decisions, the other being passing the ball from the 1 yard line when you have the #1 short yardage back in the entire NFL who is basically unstoppable for a minimum of <= 2 yards even against a goaline defense (Marshawn Lynch).

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
How you can say that was a boring Pats SB is just silly. That was the largest comeback in Super Bowl history. The game was written off by a ton of people at halftime. I'm not even a Pats fan but for christ sake that was NOT a boring game.

I was pulling for the Falcons, but actually don't mind the Pats at all. I was relatively neutral. And I was bored pretty much the whole game. One team played like crap in the first half, the other played like crap in the second half. Next thing I knew it was tied at the end of the 4th quarter. I hardly even realized it because the game was just dragging on. They somehow made the largest comeback in SB history, boring. The only interesting things that happened were Julio's ridiculous catch and a lucky bounce catch.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
As a Jet fan, I've seen that Brady comeback script way too much.

On the tying possession, the first play where Brady passed and was hit, the ball popped up in the air with 4 Falcons around it. The guy, who would have had a CLEAR int fell down. Tripped over his damn feet.

It was there where I knew Brady would win.

That team has a horseshoe the size of Buckeye stadium up their *****.

Boston team sports has used up so much karma, they shouldn't win ANY other team sport trophies for 50 years

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I could see Cruz signing within the division.

Imagine the sight of him dancing in the Met Life end zone as a Cowboy or Eagle?

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Jennings, peace. He was okay, had an awful o-line but will lose zero sleep over him leaving.

Cruz hurts a bit. You had to see it coming though.

What happens at WR this offseason? Need an outside guy opposite Beckham. I'm thinking the home run option is Brandon Marshall. A more realistic one would be Kenny Britt.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Cruz is done. Whatever team signs him will regret it. Both cuts today were predictable.

A 6'3" receiver will be in the top 3 on the depth chart next season (...but who knows with Reese). I called Marshall weeks ago so I'm sticking with it. Interested to see what the Rutgers product Britt fetches on the open market though.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Arrest warrant issued for Revis, doesnt look good.

Not that I'd condone his actions, but it sounds like he was being stalked and harassed based on the stories I've read. No one will know a thing until the full story comes out, but what the hell is he doing out there at 2 AM anyway? It's not the safest town in the world from what I've read.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not that I'd condone his actions, but it sounds like he was being stalked and harassed based on the stories I've read. No one will know a thing until the full story comes out, but what the hell is he doing out there at 2 AM anyway? It's not the safest town in the world from what I've read.

There you go...almost all of these athletes are too boneheaded to realize that nothing good happens after midnight, especially out in an urban area even if Pittsburgh's his hometown.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Revis released on Tuesday, now Jets granting Marshall his release request. I don't blame him for wanting to leave, he's never even been in the playoffs and the team is clearly rebuilding.

At least expectations will be low this season!

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
OBJ and Marshall on the outside. Shep in the slot and a competent TE. Eddie Lacy or some other bruiser to complement Perkins.

Gimme those weapons while beefing up the line a bit and the Giants should easily be a top 3 team in the NFC.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Also Brandin Cooks appears to be available at the cost of a 2nd round pick. Eagles and Titans seem to be the front runners.

That's a steal in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad